BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Kean says "I thought all terms and conditions were agreed. That's what I was led to believe so I don't know what stage it's at."

That has to be a lie. Are Rovers so big that Kean can't speak to Simon Hunt on a daily basis if he wants to?

IMO Kean covering his backside.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! When Sam was here most fans didn't think Hoilett was gonna cut it.

Now he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Fickle lot. :lol:

Trouble is Toppers, when you don't go, you kinda finish up guessing what's really happening. I never met one fan who didn't think he had a real chance. A lot to learn yes, but nevertheless a real chance.

Kean says "I thought all terms and conditions were agreed. That's what I was led to believe so I don't know what stage it's at."

That has to be a lie. Are Rovers so big that Kean can't speak to Simon Hunt on a daily basis if he wants to?

Yes, sounds like he is setting up a director or 2, hope they have the nouse to (Please don't use that word again) him right off

Trouble is Toppers, when you don't go, you kinda finish up guessing what's really happening. I never met one fan who didn't think he had a real chance. A lot to learn yes, but nevertheless a real chance.

Plenty of regulars on this very site who said he wouldn't make it, Den.

He's trying to make it look like it is Simon Hunt's fault if the deal is not signed. Also according to Junior's representatives there has never been a point where a deal was all but agreed.

Simple fact is that efforts to sign him up to a new deal should've started last January, Kean and Jerome for whatever reason didn't see fit to do that. Now we could lose him for a pittance, Junior loved playing in Germany, so if the likes of Schalke come in for him he would give it very serious consideration.

He's trying to make it look like it is Simon Hunt's fault if the deal is not signed. Also according to Junior's representatives there has never been a point where a deal was all but agreed.

Kean's such a melon. Trying to backtrack now because he got ahead of himself and couldn't resist spouting more lies. I wonder if even that was for Ms. Desai's benefit?

• Backroom

Hoiletts ability stood out like a beacon from the first moment I saw him. How could anybody not recognise such potential?

There are some pretty embarassing posts from others earlier in the thread though

Good to see that you are attending matches on freebies, supporting the club with your wallet as usual. Us foreign fans simply can't compete!

I'm not talking about whether he makes goal-line clearances, that isn't what tracking back is about. He regularly leaves the fullback behind him exposed by not getting back to help out.

As for what I'm being critical of him for, well most of that is shown clearly on TV, so there's little advantage in that regard to being live at the match. Being at a game is mostly useful for seeing the position and general work ethic of players, particularly those who play centrally, but wingers are fairly easy to follow even from television. I'm also mostly talking about the work that he does when he is on the ball and that is always shown on TV. If my opinion differs from the majority of those at Ewood Park I'm not too bothered, for the most part Rovers fans have shown themselves to quickly make opinion on players and stick to them. Every season we have two irreplaceable stars and two scapegoats. This year Hoilett falls into the first category, but realistically his play is nowhere near the level of some of the other players that we have seen at Ewood Park since our return to the Premier League.

He is undoubtedly talented, but to think that he could command a fee of £15m within the next 18 months is ridiculous, that is unless there is a Liverpool-Carroll situation.

Lennon is what we are trying to make Hoilett into, only he is slightly faster. He also suffers from not having a great final delivery, but over the past couple of years he has learnt what to do and has become a very effective one-trick pony. Hoilett isn't there yet.

Let's not forget that a couple of seasons ago almost every Rovers fan scoffed at the idea of including Lennon in part-exchange for Bentley...look how that one worked out.

Hoilett may well develop into a better player, he certainly has more talent, but in order to do that he needs to be playing regularly. If he goes to Spurs in the summer he will be competing with several more experienced players, a couple of whom are close to his talent level and one or two who are possibly more talented than he is. He will struggle to get into the first team and he will certainly be on a short-leash performance wise.

That will be because Spurs fans will have seen the Hoilett goal, read a bit of praise, judged him from MOTD and decided that he is a world beater. They haven't watched the several games previous to that one where he did practically nothing.

Eddie that first sentence is unbelievably pompous. You couldn't find Ewood Park with a bloody Satnav. Year in year out I've spent money on ST's at Ewood whilst you glued your arse to some setee in Paris playing Championship manager and filling in some Fantasy football team. Even when I didn't watch football I played it. As I've said before the sum total of your knowledge of football can be written on a postage stamp in felt tip. Two things amaze me , one that I actually read your post and two that you don't appear to suffer any embarrassment about the garbage that you write on here. You should you know.

God---what a treacherous sod Kean is. Doesn't like Simon Hunt does he? Therefore I do!

Kean is just a talentless political animal devoid of any decency.

No doubt Kean's intervention will hasten the departure of Hoilett on Jerome Anderson's terms.

Kean is just a talentless political animal devoid of any decency.

No doubt Kean's intervention will hasten the departure of Hoilett on Jerome Anderson's terms.

I reckon Hoilett and his dad(agent) will let his contract run down and leave on a free transfer and on his terms not Kean/Anderson.

I didn't think Mrs D want Anderson anywhere near the club now???!!!

I won't blame Kean for this. Hoillet and his dad have been tough to deal with in the past and probably still are. Big loss if he doesn't sign, and I think he owes Rovers as much but it's modern football so anything goes. Kean's mistake in all of this has been leading the fans to believe a new contract was all but agreed (on several occasions).

I won't blame Kean for this. Hoillet and his dad have been tough to deal with in the past and probably still are. Big loss if he doesn't sign, and I think he owes Rovers as much but it's modern football so anything goes. Kean's mistake in all of this has been leading the fans to believe a new contract was all but agreed (on several occasions).

Actually he hasn't led the fans to believe anything. He may have tried to but nobody believes anything he says (Mrs D excepted)

Yes, Kean lied again, and again!!

• Backroom

Yes, because players always heed the old 'bench' warning. He'd probably take a spot on the bench at a bigger club just so he didn't have to take directions from the chump we have in the dugout and the Indian idiots in charge of the fiasco that is our club.

Archived