BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Backroom

Using your theory, Juniors play causes the team to suffer so maybe if we sell him we'd stay up. At least thats sort of how I can read into it.

Not sure how you've gotten that from my post, the last thing I want is Junior to be sold.

I don't think Junior's play is the cause of our team suffering - Kean is the cause. My point is a simple one, Junior should play behind the striker because as a winger he doesn't contribute enough in terms of tracking back. It causes us to lose shape. The solution isn't selling Hoilett (though he will be gone in jan/next summer anyway) but getting in a manager who can utilise his talents without upsetting the balance of the team.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any chance of england calling him up?

I don't think in terms of quality he is too far off. Personally there are few players better on that left side who are English. Young maybe, Johnson. He makes assists, scores, and he is consistently dangerous.

I think he will get an England cap at somepoint if that is what he wants.

Not sure how you've gotten that from my post, the last thing I want is Junior to be sold.

I don't think Junior's play is the cause of our team suffering - Kean is the cause. My point is a simple one, Junior should play behind the striker because as a winger he doesn't contribute enough in terms of tracking back. It causes us to lose shape. The solution isn't selling Hoilett (though he will be gone in jan/next summer anyway) but getting in a manager who can utilise his talents without upsetting the balance of the team.

Who knows how I get half the stuff I do. Not having a go at you DE, it just read a bit ironic to me.

any chance of england calling him up?

Not till he signs for a big club and anyway he's a canuck isn't he.

• Backroom

Who knows how I get half the stuff I do. Not having a go at you DE, it just read a bit ironic to me.

:lol: fair enough, but suffice to say I definitely don't want Junior sold. Without him we are well and truly sunk!

Wish we would get this lad tied to a new deal, even if he wants a low £15m release clause.

Lose him for free and we are missing out big time!!

We've probably left it too late now Hughesy. Likely missed our chance by dawdling around because of the owners getting uptight about the release clause in PJ's contract [which they negotiated].

Fast forward a few months……I can see the comments now (Kean in last ditch talks to persuade Hoiliett to sign).

SK: I have been speaking with Junior at some length. At the moment, at this stage of his career, I’ve said to him he would benefit enormously from playing Championship football – it is a much more competitive league, and he could do with being more physical - playing in that environment will enable him to really develop his physical abilities.

If it wasn't for Kean's constant BS updates, we wouldn't be half as riled.

'it's 95% done, will be signed shortly'

'it will be signed in the next 24 hours'

'I believe the term has been agreed and his base salary has been agreed. It is the smaller detail which can be slow but the main things have been agreed.'

'yep, it's now with the owners people to give it the once over and it's pretty much done'.

Just put a bloody sock in it for christ sake!

It was inevitable really, why would you want to sign a new deal with Kean as manager?

So what's the situation now, do we have to try and get as much as we can for him in January? Or do we try and keep him until the summer boosting our chances for survival and then when his contract has run out we try for a tribunal like Man City did with Sturridge? He's been at the club since he was 11 or 12 so we should be due some compensation if a club comes in for him?

Blackburn Rovers is such a mess right now. As someone mentioned Hoilett´s only reason to sign would be loyalty. So he will go. Probably there won´t be other leavers in January but there is no way we can keep best players next summer. Our "luck" is that Samba and Robbo are only ones good enough for big clubs.

Archived