BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stepping back for a second. Would we really want a player to decide who the manager is? Regardless of what we all think of Kean, what happens if our next manager falls out with one of our better players?

I'm sure there are already examples (Hodgson / Sherwood springs to mind) but it's not somewhere I think we should be going. Both situations should be separate.

Kean should be replaced due to his lack of ability and record as a football manager.

Hoilett should be offered terms equal to our highest paid player(s) with a deadline to accept or he will be transfer listed in January if he refuses. Meanwhile he should be eased out of the team and replaced by Rochina or Simon. He holds most of the cards but not all of them. If he's going to leave for nothing (notwithstanding a tribunal) then he can sort out his own match fitness.

Obviously I understand that the two could be linked but Hoilett has more reason than most to be loyal to Kean and I suspect that actually the smell of cash (and, if we're honest, CL football) is probably far more important to him. As we aren't at that level yet, etc...

I will be very disappointed if he goes to Newcastle (no better) or Spurs (graveyard for ex-Rovers starlets) though.

WHAT A JOKE!!!

If rovers really think they have a chance of EPL survival players like hoilett need to be retained.

You sit in the Jack Walker and call the premiership the EPL?! I can understand it for foreign fans but for locals...?

As for Hoilett - no way we can can be sure either way, but he must have known bigger clubs were after him from Febuary at the latest.

No loyalty and considering keans the guy to give youngsters a chance his plans are backfiring , fact is not only can't kean attract any potential , we are a stepping g stone club at best just attracting wannabe prem players and has beens . It's a bloody travesty how our club has declined so quickly , no one will want to come as manager or player at this rate , laughing stock literally , hoilett should do decent thing and at least sign some contract so can make some cash for club / venkys . I only hope things improve come next yesrs season tkt renewal paves :( # kean out

TBH I feel for the club on this one,

Neither party wanted to discuss a contract in January, whilst now the club are keen to get it done. However Hoillet's reps want a much lower release fee than a player with his potential could generate.

Its sad that the modern game has players signing new deals , getting pay rises but trying to engineer a future move in the process.

If the club give in and Hoilett signs a deal then is sold next summer for say £12 Million after a stroming season then al the flak will be chucked at the club. If Hoilett don't sign the deal and he goes for a small fee again the club will get the blame.

Surely the blame must lie at Hoiletts door?

I don't believe in release clauses, once a player wants out Rovers have never stood in a players way and as a club we should be allowed to ask for a fair valuation, If the player wants a relegation release clause then fair play, but to be demanding how much the cub can ask for him should a clause be hit is really unfair.

Its also shows a lack of long term commitment. I agree with the club, that they should dig there heals in and not be held to ransom over any players contract.

youl probs find junior wants to stay.... however a certain greedy member of his family wants him to be on mega money......

he has been offered a huge contract here, however other clubs have told how much theyl pay him... (alot more than rovers can realisticly offer)

You sit in the Jack Walker and call the premiership the EPL?! I can understand it for foreign fans but for locals...?

As for Hoilett - no way we can can be sure either way, but he must have known bigger clubs were after him from Febuary at the latest.

You sit in the Jack Walker - And your point is??

call the premiership the EPL?! - And your point is??

We all know rovers are a feeder club, just like every club outside the top 5. My point is if we really want to be a mid table club and challenge we need a decent squad.

youl probs find junior wants to stay.... however a certain greedy member of his family wants him to be on mega money......

he has been offered a huge contract here, however other clubs have told how much theyl pay him... (alot more than rovers can realisticly offer)

This is factual??? Or are you guessing?

Seems unlikely to me that any clubs in this country would be willing to offer him a mega-offer for him to join. He is a great prospect, but remains relatively unproven and I don't think there will be many lining up to offer him 60k+ to sign (the only one would be City and he would have to be idiotic to go there to sit on the bench).

In the Jason Roberts-interview on Roversplayer that was put out today, you can see that when the players come out of the airport, with all the press present, Hoilett looks like he is covering his face. Or is it just me being paranoid? Its about at 1.07.

He is smiling in the previous clip, though.

But anyway, I pretty much consider Hoilett gone. Nothing really suggest that he will sign, and why should he?

It just sucks being a Roversfan these days, and I guess we will have to get used to that.... :rolleyes:

Seems unlikely to me that any clubs in this country would be willing to offer him a mega-offer for him to join. He is a great prospect, but remains relatively unproven and I don't think there will be many lining up to offer him 60k+ to sign (the only one would be City and he would have to be idiotic to go there to sit on the bench).

I not sure it will really come down to the money..... Even if our offer is equal or greater do you really reckon Hoilett would turn down a move to Spurs/Newcastle/City/Villa etc?

Not a cat in hells chance. I'm sure a dedicated servent, such as Robinson, would consider leaving also if offered. The issue is that we look like we are getting relegated while those teams are on an upward trajectory. Part of life. We'll have a chance of keeping Hoilett once we look like a decent place for him to build his career. Currently we don't.

Not a cat in hells chance. I'm sure a dedicated servent, such as Robinson, would consider leaving also if offered. The issue is that we look like we are getting relegated while those teams are on an upward trajectory. Part of life. We'll have a chance of keeping Hoilett once we look like a decent place for him to build his career. Currently we don't.

i think that sums it up quite well.

without going all in as Dr Phil, junior does seem like an ambitious characyer, something thats correlates fine with your post.

The Daily Mirror match report with Kean mentioning Junior Hoilett is ready to sign a new deal at Rovers and help to save them from the drop

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-1-1-Blackburn-match-report-Christopher-Samba-cancels-out-Heidar-Helguson-s-opener-but-Rovers-still-bottom-article813768.html#ixzz1az2FXSsX

The Daily Mirror match report with Kean mentioning Junior Hoilett is ready to sign a new deal at Rovers and help to save them from the drop

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-1-1-Blackburn-match-report-Christopher-Samba-cancels-out-Heidar-Helguson-s-opener-but-Rovers-still-bottom-article813768.html#ixzz1az2FXSsX

Similar report on LT website @ 11.00 pm.

All too familiar.

Shut up Kean and just tell us if and when done.

Archived