BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr T (trialist) Guessing Game

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I've read Nicko's clues right, it's going to be someone whose career went downhill after initially looking promising, rather someone who just declined due to old age.

For me that completely rules out people like Wiltord, Kewell, Shevchenko etc. Malcolm Christie sounds about right from all the clues so far, although it's probably not him.

Sounds uncomfortably like Michael Ricketts :(

He's just had a brilliant season with Galatasaray, I think he finished as the league's top scorer.

That guess is just wrong on so many levels!

I can't tell which guesses on here are serious and which are jokes anymore.

Anyone think it's David Villa?

Sorry, I forgot Baros took the Premier League by storm and the big things that were touted for him all worked out!

That hasn't been the only clue...

Anyway, pure logic can tell you that the Turkish league's top scorer wouldn't come on trial with us, or anyone for that matter. He only just signed last season too so why would he be going on a free?

Edit: Podolski?!

I think it's best for my sanity if I stay out of here, nicko has a great talent for making people lose a grip on reality here.

If I've read Nicko's clues right, it's going to be someone whose career went downhill after initially looking promising, rather someone who just declined due to old age.

I agree, but could it be that maybe age doesnt have that much importance. Whereas potential/expectation/promise might ??

I mentioned Kluivert as an example, he wasnt young when he signed for Newcastle but there was alot of excitment surrounding his transfer, then all deteriorated.

I dont know maybe I've got it wrong.

I might throw my hat on Helder Postiga, a flop from Spurs. Been around a few clubs lately, didnt play a great deal at Sporting last year. Maybe it could be him?

To add, he's at the right age aswell only 26.

The moving around clubs, Porto, St Etienne, Panathonikos, Lisborn would also back up that Nicko had to check where he was playing.

Maybe Caicedo's loan arrival is pushing him out.

I didn't think Postiga was too bad when I watched him for Spurs. Like Forlan at Man. Utd, he seemed to create plenty of chances but he didn't get the rub of the green. Wouldn't mind us taking a look at him, but I doubt it is him.

Archived