BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

I have got to agree - everybody keeps going on how we haven't replaced Santa with the same class of player - but he hardly played last year - so we have to be better off.

It's not the santa replacement that worries me im sure kalinic will be a very good striker, his placement, ball retention and vision is A1 all he needs is a goal then watch him score for fun.

Its the players we havent replaced thats going to be a problem.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to change our expectations of this midfielder, if he does come.

Back when we thought we were flush with cash, Joey Barton was a bad option, as far as we were concerned we could set aside at least £5m for a new CM after we bought a replacement striker.

Now we have a shoestring budget, Barton is one of the best options we can hope for. He's certainly the one with the most potential.

We have to change our expectations of this midfielder, if he does come.

Back when we thought we were flush with cash, Joey Barton was a bad option, as far as we were concerned we could set aside at least £5m for a new CM after we bought a replacement striker.

Now we have a shoestring budget, Barton is one of the best options we can hope for. He's certainly the one with the most potential.

Has not Kamy already ruled out Barton?

Im happy with Sam's dealings so far. Id say we have a stronger squad now then we did 6/12 months ago. As long as we dont sell McCarthy tomorrow I dont really mind what happens. Zurab departing would help but Im content with the squad as it is. Ideally a creative spark in midfield but I cant see there being one available on the cheap on deadline day.

Sorry, no offence intended and not directed at you in particular but I can't believe I'm reading opinions like that tbh. I think we're substantially weaker both in terms of numbers and in terms of quality.

Sam went on last season about needing a smaller squad with less quantity but more quality with maybe 18 better quality players.

As far as I can see all we've done is certainly reduce the squad size by making swingeing cuts in the squad numbers but unfortunately replace those senior players that have left with players of lesser quality.

Well fellow members, we are all awaiting Nicko's final 11 o'clocker for this transfer window.

I would just like to say it has been very interesting reading all of the speculation, all of the interest and insider knowledge, the views and thoughts from everyone who has contributed, finally, Alan, despite your very sad news a few weeks ago, your tips, thoughts and suggestions have made a mockery of your beloved newspaper, The Mirror, I prefer to accept your views rather than the rest of its contents :P

There are some 18hrs 25 minutes left of this window and I cant bloody well wait until it ends :P

With Spurs looking at Petrov and Kranjcar wonder if any spurs players become available?

Negotiating with spuds for chimbonda probably took eons , i think the fee was agreed earlier on when we were linked to him, at a guess we didnt pursue the option to buy until warnock was on the more.

My point is that spuds are a pain in the ass and i doubt any last minute buys will come from there.

Sorry, no offence intended and not directed at you in particular but I can't believe I'm reading opinions like that tbh. I think we're substantially weaker both in terms of numbers and in terms of quality.

Sam went on last season about needing a smaller squad with less quantity but more quality with maybe 18 better quality players.

As far as I can see all we've done is certainly reduce the squad size by making swingeing cuts in the squad numbers but unfortunately replace those senior players that have left with players of lesser quality.

Lesser quality? really?

Derbyshire and Roque - Kalinic, Hoillet, Van Heerden and Di Santo

Di Santo is a step up from Derbyshire and Hoillet is looking like one of our best young prospects we've had for years. Kalinic vs Roque is harder to call, but considering Roque hardly played last season, id say Kalinic should be more useful

Warnock - Chimbonda, Jacobsen and Salgado.

Chimbonda did as well on Saturday as Warnock ever did at LB, looks a very decent signing. Jacobsen is steady at RB and Salgado could be a very shrewd signing. Also add the permanent signing of Givet

Mokoena - Nzonzi.

I think this one is fairly clear cut

I think I preferred it when the deadline was midnight on August 31...kind of built up to a crescendo...get the feeling 5pm tomorrow won't be a proper cut-off either and we will all be chasing our tail deep into the night.

Anyway.

KEVIN NOLAN...is Big Sam's first-choice target if he can raise some funds by moving out Zurab or Benni...I know two Championship clubs are trying to get the cash together for Zurab as we speak, so that could happen...and Benni is definitely available if someone wants to buy...do not discount the sale of Andrews or Grella if someone out there has a brainstorm and makes a big bid...Newcastle will let Nolan go on loan if someone pays his wages which are around £45,000-a-week...so it IS an expensive exercise...the Toon will let one or two go if money comes in...Barton is NOT on the Rovers list just now...just checked with his man and that has not changed.

That was a newsy old paragraph.

If Zurab goes you have enough defenders to cover. If Benni goes there could be a move for a striker. No idea who that might be. Andrews and Sheff U is a possible if they don't get James Harper from Reading.

BENJANI...astonishingly more likely to go to Notts County [fair play to They Think It's All Rover] for the early stab at that...he turned down Hull and says Rovers want him...I don't think so...his thigh injury may yet kill off any move at all.

Going off-topic, but for anyone interested.

TURNER...Sunderland have agreed a deal with him, but Nosworthy could go as part of the package...although his wages are big...McCartney is also being mentioned...smell a bit of skullduggery here as Brentford are due a slice of the Turner deal...so his final price may need to be scrutinised.

COUSIN...Burnley hopeful...bet you hope that happens for the endless gags...Your Cousin is your Cousin etc etc.

TOTTENHAM...going slightly mad...James should happen, Kranjcar might, if not maybe Petrov...shocked if Bentley is moved to Man City in any shape or form.

BOLTON...should get Klasnic...only got one kidney...but passed a medical yesterday and went back to France to score for Nantes tonight...interesting signing.

EMANA...won't be going anywhere and threatening to go on strike...he says Bolton bid for him and not Rovers...and., of course, he speaks the truth. ;)

EVERTON...Heitinga wants too much dough, so that may collapse...one of their agents has lined up a replacement...but that might happen AFTER the window shuts...and that's a big clue.

So that's yer lot. If you move out one or two there could be one - or maybe even two in.

Deadlines are not what they used to be.

That's hardly Sam's fault that the board have sucked out a fortune out of our transfer budget is it?

Yeah, I'm expecting nothing. I remember the same anticipation back in January when everyone was baying for an attacking midfielder and the club never delivered. I foresee the same scenario.

That's because Jermaine Pennant rejected us at the last moment.

So it's all if's and but's with Zurab, i don't think this will happen.

I think it could because the two clubs sniffing have got a few bob to spend and his wages are not ridiculous.

Whether moving him out brings the cash to take Nolan - even on loan - will be down to the number crunchers.

Here I am, just home from hospital after fracturing my fibula, having an operation to place pins in my ligaments & a cast half way up my leg!! All this happened on saturday on my second comeback game after a 6 month previous lay off with a knee injury!!

Add that to the fact that blackburn have had one of our worst managers in years, have lost great players & legends, the passed year has been a disaster footballing wise!!

So as i say, here i am!! waiting, hoping & dreaming!!

So Nicko, have you got anything to put a smile on my face??

EDITING.......

well, i gotta say, nothing exciting!!

However i have to say I am happy with our haul so far!! there are a few risks, a few gems & a few that could be shocking but though i think its gonna take a little while to come together the future could be bright!! With the likes of Robinson, samba, givet, N'Zonzi, Hoillett, Kalanic & Salgado we could have the necleus of a very good team, if not this year but next!!

Well im off to take the 7 painkillers tho settle my leg!!

I think I preferred it when the deadline was midnight on August 31...kind of built up to a crescendo...get the feeling 5pm tomorrow won't be a proper cut-off either and we will all be chasing our tail deep into the night.

Anyway.

KEVIN NOLAN...is Big Sam's first-choice target if he can raise some funds by moving out Zurab or Benni...I know two Championship clubs are trying to get the cash together for Zurab as we speak, so that could happen...and Benni is definitely available if someone wants to buy...do not discount the sale of Andrews or Grella if someone out there has a brainstorm and makes a big bid...Newcastle will let Nolan go on loan if someone pays his wages which are around £45,000-a-week...so it IS an expensive exercise...the Toon will let one or two go if money comes in...Barton is NOT on the Rovers list just now...just checked with his man and that has not changed.

I'm bloody hoping that Zurab/Benni/Andrews/Grella stay because Nolan is a load of crap! Would rather we signed Mokoena back and played him as an attacking midfielder!

IBOLTON...should get Klasnic...only got one kidney...but passed a medical yesterday and went back to France to score for Nantes tonight...interesting signing.

Nothing to do with Rovers but, Klasnic is no where near as good as he used to be. Since he had a kidney removed he has looked a shadow of himself. I think he would find it tough in the premier league.

Anyway.

KEVIN NOLAN...is Big Sam's first-choice target if he can raise some funds by moving out Zurab or Benni... ...Newcastle will let Nolan go on loan if someone pays his wages which are around £45,000-a-week...so it IS an expensive exercise...

Yep, that is expensive and I can't believe teh board would sanction paying 45k a week for someone who's on his way out.

And his well-documented antipathy for this club wouldn't help much either.

Archived