BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

The jury is still out on Di Santo. He might just be one who flatters to deceive.

He looks OK until he actually turns around to face goal.

He doesn't appear to have a shot on him, he doesn't appear to be quick or possess dribbling skills and he certainly cannot meet a cross and head a ball with his forehead with any pace.

He doesnt appear to be quick ? Theno who've you been watching.

Hes a young kid just starting out, hes definitely got a shot in him, thats what i'm alluding to, is, that the coaching staff and the manager need to get those shots out of him in stead of keep running him into the corners to either close down or keep the bloody ball in play this sint productive for the lad.

Di Santo is quick of thought, has an excellent touch with an extremely creative yet simplistic mind.

Think what everyone at Rovers needs to do is understand the lad and understand what is strenghts are and then realise how to get the best out of him. At this moment in time this is what I question not only from the coaching staff but the players aswell.

Meeting crosses ? must have missed that one because I aint seen many crosses coming in for the lad.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mellison.

ada2020 said that there are no good players available in the Jan transfer window.

I said he's a clever lad if he knows that.

You come in and say "And you do, don't you den? You know everything about football and are above us mere muggles"

John said he thinks Samba is possibly our best striker.

I said I didn't think he is.

You said we have "Brought in Basturk (who will be great according to history)."

and

We have "Brought in Linganzi; a young player with plenty of potential; spotted by the same scouts who brought us NZonzi.

So what don't you follow?"

I said "Your knowledge of football goes unsurpassed Mellison"

--------------------------

It went something like that Mellison. laugh.gif

Never mind mate, you've a good heart. Don't get dismayed by old miserable geezers like us. Plus, we're probably annoying a few other miserable old gits.

Yes Den! Me for one. Any way on this particular issue I am firmly with young Mellison. Errrr .... Have you thought about getting out more Den? it does wonders for your constitution when you get to that"certain age"wink.gif

Not a bad shout at all, I didn't realise he was a free agent. Although WBA and Birmingham have had him on trial since he left Derby and neither of them took a chance on him which probably tells you all you need to know. But worth a trial.

Signed for WBA in the last couple of days, 18 month performance related deal.

My link

Yes Den! Me for one. Any way on this particular issue I am firmly with young Mellison. Errrr .... Have you thought about getting out more Den? it does wonders for your constitution when you get to that"certain age"wink.gif

I have to admit this article seems to have a certain relevance ;)

Now, anyone for a nice healthy run around Cuerden Valley?

Well I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you Fife and thanks for the advice. :)

You might have said which bit you are siding with Mellison on though?

Well I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you Fife and thanks for the advice. smile.gif

You might have said which bit you are siding with Mellison on though?

You didn't upset me Den. It was meant as a gentle and jocular leg-pull. I had a smile.gif after that part of my post, but the stupid rules that govern posts on this site will never let me use any more than one smily in a post. If I try to I always get a pink message telling me I have used too many symbols (or words to that effect) so I had to choose which one of my two smilies to ditch. Obviously I made the wrong choice. (this would be a good place to put another if I hadn't already done so in the first line.....what kind of editor IS this? It was never like this until just recently?

Oh and the bit that I agree with Mellison on is my belief that Rovers are far better off not signing any of the 3 strikers we were being associated with on Monday. As I said in my post earlier in the day on Monday, it is far better to stick with what we have now and keep the fees obtained by our outgoings (plus saved wages) than to waste money on signings of very dubious quality which would be very unlikely to improve our prospects just now. I believe we will survive with what we have, and we may even find that with the two new boys we have just acquired we may actually play better football in the coming weeks. Ever the optomist aren't I? (this were a "wink" should be)

You didn't upset me Den. It was meant as a gentle and jocular leg-pull. I had a smile.gif after that part of my post, but the stupid rules that govern posts on this site will never let me use any more than one smily in a post. If I try to I always get a pink message telling me I have used too many symbols (or words to that effect) so I had to choose which one of my two smilies to ditch. Obviously I made the wrong choice. (this would be a good place to put another if I hadn't already done so in the first line.....what kind of editor IS this? It was never like this until just recently?

Oh and the bit that I agree with Mellison on is my belief that Rovers are far better off not signing any of the 3 strikers we were being associated with on Monday. As I said in my post earlier in the day on Monday, it is far better to stick with what we have now and keep the fees obtained by our outgoings (plus saved wages) than to waste money on signings of very dubious quality which would be very unlikely to improve our prospects just now. I believe we will survive with what we have, and we may even find that with the two new boys we have just acquired we may actually play better football in the coming weeks. Ever the optomist aren't I? (this were a "wink" should be)

Ypu shudnt have a problem with smileys Fife! :rover::D:):lol: See? Have a word with Admin in that section.

Ypu shudnt have a problem with smileys Fife! (Mellison's smilies removed in order to be able to post my reply) See? Have a word with Admin in that section.

Ok Mellison...thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

AAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH!!!! It's just done it again and I haven't even used a smily. It appears to objecting to all the one's you have put in which the stupid thing thinks are now originating from me.

What the pink message actually says is "Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to" and it will not even allow my post to appear

I will try removing them and see if that allows me to post

Don't think that's a problem Fife...there is a limit on how many images people can put in one post. Each smiley counts as an image, and it doesn't matter whether you're quoting them or not, it still counts as your post. That's why you couldn't add any more after quoting the four Mellison put (I guess that's the limit). It would be too easy to circumvent the rule if quotes didn't count.

Whether there needs to be an image limit with modern connections is another matter... ;)

Don't think that's a problem Fife...there is a limit on how many images people can put in one post. Each smiley counts as an image, and it doesn't matter whether you're quoting them or not, it still counts as your post. That's why you couldn't add any more after quoting the four Mellison put (I guess that's the limit). It would be too easy to circumvent the rule if quotes didn't count.

Whether there needs to be an image limit with modern connections is another matter... ;)

I think 4 IS the limit, but Fife can't even put 2.....

In terms of eye off the ball, Sam has said he was at risk of being fired earlier this month in his interview yesterday so the club was not involved in the transfer market whilst those questions were being posed and eventually answered.

Which interview was this was it the Sky one and if so are you aware of anywhere where I can watch it or see the transcript please?

Ta

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-More-misery-for-Portsmouth-as-strike-star-threatens-to-quit-Fratton-Park-Exclusive-article310845.html

According to Nicko..

Dindane could still happen. Lens are demanding Pompey pay the £3m for him or they allow him to move to another english club in the next week or so. Im relatively happy that we've missed him to be honest. We dont really need another poor striker on the books regardless of Benni leaving.

He doesnt appear to be quick ? Theno who've you been watching.

Hes a young kid just starting out, hes definitely got a shot in him, thats what i'm alluding to, is, that the coaching staff and the manager need to get those shots out of him in stead of keep running him into the corners to either close down or keep the bloody ball in play this sint productive for the lad.

Di Santo is quick of thought, has an excellent touch with an extremely creative yet simplistic mind.

Think what everyone at Rovers needs to do is understand the lad and understand what is strenghts are and then realise how to get the best out of him. At this moment in time this is what I question not only from the coaching staff but the players aswell.

Meeting crosses ? must have missed that one because I aint seen many crosses coming in for the lad.

Who have I been watching??? Good grief!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-More-misery-for-Portsmouth-as-strike-star-threatens-to-quit-Fratton-Park-Exclusive-article310845.html

According to Nicko..

Dindane could still happen. Lens are demanding Pompey pay the £3m for him or they allow him to move to another english club in the next week or so.

Sounds a bit far fetched to me. I don't see why Pompey not paying a full transfer fee, which isn't due til the end of the season anyway, would justify FIFA allowing a player to leave one club and join another outside a transfer window.

They should just join the queue and sue Pompey.

Dindane's club Lens want the money for him by next Wednesday or they will call him back and try to sell him.

Remember they wanted to sell him in the window and see him as an asset who will drop in value the longer he stays at Pompey who cannot afford to buy him.

Lens are going to go to FIFA - and the Premier League - to have him released and sold as a special case.

It's messy, but that's what happens when you let clubs run the way Pompey have been for so long.

According to Nicko..

Dindane could still happen. Lens are demanding Pompey pay the £3m for him or they allow him to move to another english club in the next week or so. Im relatively happy that we've missed him to be honest. We dont really need another poor striker on the books regardless of Benni leaving.

"More misery for Portsmouth as strike star threatens to quit Fratton Park - Exclusive"

So basically we're trying to sign another Big Mac? :wacko:

"More misery for Portsmouth as strike star threatens to quit Fratton Park - Exclusive"

So basically we're trying to sign another Big Mac? :wacko:

Our big mac got paid his wages on time, Pompey's hasn't.

If your employer were not paying you and not honouring commitments made on your behalf related to your employment, would you lie back and think of Pompey?

Archived