BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

Sorry if this has already been discussed, who is this chap?

Nicko reported that in January the trust had sanctioned the purchase of one good young player with the premise that he should have re-sale value for a couple of years down the line. It was said that the target identified was Adam Johnson, but then ultimately Chelsea and Citeh got involved and it broke down for us. Assuming that nothing changes, it can be assumed that Sam will be able to spend a few million on a prospect which perhaps wasn't budgeted for earlier on this season.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What youngsters did he have??

Jones has barely played whilst he's looked promsing he has a long road yet, Hoillet wasn't Hughes in charge when he signed? Olsson who signed him then? Linganzi, this one makes me laugh we haven't even seen him play yet, he could be pants. Di Santo granted pity he's not our player. Kalinic yes no issues there, neither with N'zonzi.

So can Hughes claim two of those? He certainly gave Olsson some pitch time he just wasn't ready then.

I think you missing the point Majiball. The point is, that Sam is certainly heading towards having a more youthful looking squad, with a little bit of experience thrown in there. I don’t think Hughes handled Olsson very well imo, because he threw him in at the deep end. Do you blame Olsson for that, or do you lay the blame on Hughes for rushing Olsson?

I think you missing the point Majiball. The point is, that Sam is certainly heading towards having a more youthful looking squad, with a little bit of experience thrown in there. I don’t think Hughes handled Olsson very well imo, because he threw him in at the deep end. Do you blame Olsson for that, or do you lay the blame on Hughes for rushing Olsson?

I think your missing an R. :P

Its a very tricky thing to decide when kids are ready for the step up.

January transfer target Dindane scored for Pompey last night. To think, he was being lined up to be public enemy number one on here.

His goals record for Pompey is not bad, considering he is currently playing for the worst team in the league.

Well I'm struggling to see why we breathed sighs of relief on here when we didn't get Dindane. I thought he was terrific. Playing for the bottom team, down to ten men and he never stopped chasing. He was quick and skilfull and unlucky not to score two. He would have been better than ANY of our current options. So why did people write him off? Hadn't seen him? If Sam wanted him he must be rubbish? We missed out on a good player there imo.

Guest Kamy100

As I said when we were linked with Dindane that it would be good for us because he would give our attack a dimension that we currently do not have PACE. He is very quick, what tends to happen is that teams drop a little deeper when faced with quick strikers, which then gives the midfield a little more time and in turn opens up more opportunities.

As I said when we were linked with Dindane that it would be good for us because he would give our attack a dimension that we currently do not have PACE. He is very quick, what tends to happen is that teams drop a little deeper when faced with quick strikers, which then gives the midfield a little more time and in turn opens up more opportunities.

He couldn't make things worse!!!!!! Is he on loan at pompey or is it a permanent transfer. Pity Rovers missed out on him - even had a medical at Rovers. If pompey go bust then I suppose Dindane becomes a free agent - if that is how things work if he has gone to pompey on a permanent transfer.

• Backroom

Me too, come home Nonda we miss you

He wasn't the greatest by a long way but would offer as much as Roberts or Di Santo, plus he looks a bit like Mr Eko from Lost

Football365 have Rovers - and Sam Allardyce - down as one of the 10 losers in the January transfer window.

6) Sam Allardyce

Aruna Dindane was "in the building right the way up to five o'clock", according to Allardyce, who had already failed to agree a deal for Benjani because of work permit problems. So Benni McCarthy left and on Saturday, the Blackburn boss fielded an XI with only 13 goals between them this season at Stoke. They were lucky to get nil. After a month of being linked with the likes of James Beattie, Alardyce eventually came away from the transfer window with a weaker squad. Anyone believing his line that he's perfectly happy with the players he's got for the relegation run-in?

Football365`s Top Ten Window Losers...

Nonda is apparently looking for a new club in England after terminating his contract with Gala.

Worth a shot till the end of the season?

Whose that coming over the hill?

Is it Nonda? Shabani Nonda?

I think most of his appeal is down to that chant. He is almost worth getting in just for the light relief!

Nonda has 'Sam signing' stamped on his forehead! I would quite like it to happen....that's if Sam is even interested!

Ruddy hell Mellison.

I spent days arguing that we needed another striker to replace Benni and you disagreed.

Now you want to sign that useless lump Nonda. :lol:

Ruddy hell Mellison.

I spent days arguing that we needed another striker to replace Benni and you disagreed.

Now you want to sign that useless lump Nonda. :lol:

I love being a fickle fan :D The difference (as far as I can tell) is that Nonda would be a free, the other linked players all required fees. That being said, I wouldn't be fussed if our squad stayed as it currently is and we wait until the summer to do business.

The Lancashire Evening Post state that we've signed an 18 year old from Southport - Zac Aley for £20,000. Cant see anything on the LEP website and I dont recall seeing his name mentioned elsewhere. Found this on the Southport FC website from last week :

WATSON WAITS ON ALEY BLACKBURN DECISION

The club's youth development are poised for a major boost with the transfer of Zac Aley to the Premiership. Zac is a product of Southport Juniors and was recommended to the youth development 16-18 SSES squad by Southport Juniors coach Phil Shelton. Zac was the first of the youth development squad to be awarded a contract, the youngest player in Southport's history to be put on contract indicating the talent Liam Watson saw in the left sided youngster. Under Allan Smart's coaching Zac has progressed and transformed into a first team regular squad member. Liam Watson is also well aware he has several other 16-18 year olds in various positions who have the talent to progress into full time football.

Obviously he's one for the U18's / Reserves but good to see we're continuing to recruit youngsters.

Archived