BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people need therapy. If it had been Champions League I could understand but........... :rolleyes:

Rovers in Europe has generally been a sore point for many years. We were one Nonda miss from an all-time high. It hurt.

• Backroom

Would have to agree that we are sorely lacking, Kalinic is doing his best but he needs a good striker with him. Roberts isn't good enough and Di Santo doesn't seem to be either

Would have to agree that we are sorely lacking, Kalinic is doing his best but he needs a good striker with him. Roberts isn't good enough and Di Santo doesn't seem to be either

At least Di Santo has age on his side unlike Roberts. I say sign Di Santo on a cheap in the summer and sign two players - one creative midfielder/quick winger (prospect) and a 10-15 goal striker.

Shouldn't be too hard Sam ;)

Kalinic displayed one of the worst striker performances I have seen last night! He did challange for anything at all! utterlly Awefull! He was trying to turn a man, but he has no strength whatsoever! When Roberts came on he was doing it like it should be done, much stronger and just what rovers needed up front! Someone who could hold it up!

Just as an aside, looks like Benni's move West Ham hasn't turned out quite the way he would have wanted – already.

Not even in the match day squad last night against Brum!

Can't wait to hear his response when he's asked to take a pay cut by Gold as well.

What goes around...

Just as an aside, looks like Benni's move West Ham hasn't turned out quite the way he would have wanted – already.

Can't wait to hear his response when he's asked to take a pay cut by Gold as well.

What goes around...

He was injured against Burnley.

Im not bothered about Nonda. Did nothing of note whilst he was here. I think Kalinic is doing a decent enough job considering we're devoid of our midfield creativity without Dunn. Hopefully Basturk will make a difference. Kalinic did more against Villa then Roberts has ever done so Im happy for Niko to get the nod ahead of him for the time being.

Kalinic displayed one of the worst striker performances I have seen last night! He did challange for anything at all! utterlly Awefull! He was trying to turn a man, but he has no strength whatsoever! When Roberts came on he was doing it like it should be done, much stronger and just what rovers needed up front! Someone who could hold it up!

What? Are you kidding? Did we watch the same game?

i dont think he could've watched the game. Everything he says Niko didnt do, he did well the entire game. He was strong, made intelligent runs, good control of the ball just missing the final piece.

That's what I thought as well and why I think he was being ironic.

What goes around...

He went off injured against the dingles and was not fit for the game against brum.

i dont think he could've watched the game. Everything he says Niko didnt do, he did well the entire game. He was strong, made intelligent runs, good control of the ball just missing the final piece.

totally agree with you played well ,strong,linked play well,got to remember he was up against 2 6 foot plus defenders alnight,thought he did a good job!

At least Di Santo has age on his side unlike Roberts. I say sign Di Santo on a cheap in the summer and sign two players - one creative midfielder/quick winger (prospect) and a 10-15 goal striker.

Shouldn't be too hard Sam ;)

I don't like Roberts but he is twice the player Di Santo will ever be. Out of interest, why do you think we should sign Di Santo? On a cheap would be 3 / 4 million. Probably over half our budget...

Also I presume people are joking about signing Nonda? Jon Parkin with a broken leg would be a better signing!

totally agree with you played well ,strong,linked play well,got to remember he was up against 2 6 foot plus defenders alnight,thought he did a good job!

you must be joking! His display was terrible last night! I was at the game and everyone around me was saying the same! He didnt use his strength at all! everytime the ball came near him he didnt jump or challage for it, all he was doing was falling over and looking straight at the ref for a free kick that he was never going to get!

I still think he has the potential to be a good player for rovers, but at the moment he is way too light weight to be starting on his own! he cant do the job that is being asked of him and thats to hold the ball up!

you must be joking! His display was terrible last night! I was at the game and everyone around me was saying the same! He didnt use his strength at all! everytime the ball came near him he didnt jump or challage for it, all he was doing was falling over and looking straight at the ref for a free kick that he was never going to get!

I still think he has the potential to be a good player for rovers, but at the moment he is way too light weight to be starting on his own! he cant do the job that is being asked of him and thats to hold the ball up!

You do know that an exclamation mark isn't the same as a full stop don't you?

On what you're saying, I thought Niko caused them a lot of problems and rightly got one of their defenders booked which should have happened in the first half. Niko will be a good player for us, I agree that he needs someone alongside him though.

How fortunate you are to sit amongst a group of experts.

To say everytime the ball came near him, he didnt jump or challenge is utter rubbish.

Try watching the game in future, you clearly were not last night.

Maybe you hanging on for the half time scores from other matches, and Rovers were just filling the time out for you.

The article said it would be good comercially as well. Hope that is not the only motive and the boy can play.

I posted a video of him a few weeks back (YouTube is filtered at work so I can't find it now).

I know you can't tell much from those videos, but he seemed to have an excellent passing range. looked like he plays as a deep playmaker, some of passes from deep were sublime.

Obviously there is nothing to say he could do that in the Premier League, but you can see why Sam is looking at a midfielder like him, he could potentially offer something that we haven't replaced since Tugay left.

I don't like Roberts but he is twice the player Di Santo will ever be. Out of interest, why do you think we should sign Di Santo? On a cheap would be 3 / 4 million. Probably over half our budget...

Also I presume people are joking about signing Nonda? Jon Parkin with a broken leg would be a better signing!

That's your subjective opinion. I don't think Di Santo will ever be a world beater either but confidence does wonders, look at how chaff Bentley was while on loan at Norwich and Blackburn compared to how he really turned out to be. 3-4 million is not what I think is cheap, I was talking cheap in Rovers terms - so 1-2 million.

Archived