BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

having looked at his statistics I think the DR Congo striker could be a good one right age at 23 excellent goal scoring record my only problem would be with such a good goal-scoring record bigger clubs might be after him but would definitely worth trying and at 23 can only get better and improve

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the three club rule again?

If you're genuinely asking, and in any case for those who may not have heard this from our visiting journalist, Agent speak to try to stir up interest in a player. You make it sound like he's popular to make people make their mind up about them.

If you're genuinely asking, and in any case for those who may not have heard this from our visiting journalist, Agent speak to try to stir up interest in a player. You make it sound like he's popular to make people make their mind up about them.

Almost the same as when you are out clubbing with a ring on your finger. The women think you are taken and want you, because they think you are popular.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/5009721.Blackburn_Rovers_summer_budget_in_Sam_s_hands/?ref=rss

Interesting article, the jist of which is that if we finish below 11th then you can say "bye bye" to the Benni money.

Depressing, especially when you take into account that Treacy left in January and we have MGP and Reid out of contract and some people on here think we are a top 7 club... reality check.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/5009721.Blackburn_Rovers_summer_budget_in_Sam_s_hands/?ref=rss

Interesting article, the jist of which is that if we finish below 11th then you can say "bye bye" to the Benni money.

Taken a little bit too literally there. John Williams just said dropping 3 places, in league revenue terms, wipes out the Benni money. The article also says the exact league position where that kicks in is unknown, although 11th would be fine. I'm sure JW has said in the past we budget for 13th.

I noticed JW conveniently ignores the £1 million or so that we are saving in wages by not having Benni here... :glare:

Also Roberts is suppose to be sold and Di Santo go back to Cheslea. Might need 3 new strikers then in the summer.

I'll bet this will be a tactic to get Chelsea to drop their price for him. We'll be horse dealing in the knowledge that they will have written him off as not being good enough at their level.

If it works fine if it doesn't then thats fine too. Nothing to lose on this one with the only rivalry likely to be weak and from clubs of similar or worse status to ourselves.

is it really worth looking at striking options now? its feburary. We dont know whether we'll be in this division come June or maybe even in the top 10. Lets not start getting upset at potential targets 3 months before the window opens..

Nows the time to do it, albeit very much behind the scenes. The transfer windows are most definitely NOT the time to chase targets.

Taken a little bit too literally there. John Williams just said dropping 3 places, in league revenue terms, wipes out the Benni money. The article also says the exact league position where that kicks in is unknown, although 11th would be fine. I'm sure JW has said in the past we budget for 13th.

I noticed JW conveniently ignores the £1 million or so that we are saving in wages by not having Benni here... :glare:

So there was no chance, that Sam would have been given the Benni money in the January transfer window to find a replacement? Disappointing that if we drop down the league, the Benni money goes with it. Its no good trying to build a team, when you are asked to sell to buy, and then you are told that because you dropped a few places, the money is no longer available. :glare:

So there was no chance, that Sam would have been given the Benni money in the January transfer window to find a replacement?

No the money was there...but if we had failed to hit our target league position after spending the Benni money, we would have had to sell players to plug holes in the budget (like last summer).

No the money was there...but if we had failed to hit our target league position after spending the Benni money, we would have had to sell players to plug holes in the budget (like last summer).

Fair enough LeC... However, with a few players out of contract, and a few not likely to attract any buyers we would have struggled to sell to recoup the money.

After reading that article it just brings home the situation that we are likely to find ourselves in come the summer.

- Di Santo heading back to Chelsea

- Gamst more than possibly leaving on a free

- Hoilett very likely leaving on a free (may get slight compensation)

- Roberts seemingly wanting out (not that I'm bothered)

We're going to be very thread bare - especially up front. Seems as if yet again that we'll have to either replace these players with peanuts or scramble around for free transfers.

So there was no chance, that Sam would have been given the Benni money in the January transfer window to find a replacement? Disappointing that if we drop down the league, the Benni money goes with it. Its no good trying to build a team, when you are asked to sell to buy, and then you are told that because you dropped a few places, the money is no longer available. :glare:

Very ironic that you write that Iceman and have Paul Robinson as your avatar.

It's hypothetical of course but the Freidel out deal must have cost us way over what we got from Villa for him. We could prob have kept him for another 3 years and used the place money attributed to him to save up for a gud un. :rover:

After reading that article it just brings home the situation that we are likely to find ourselves in come the summer.

- Di Santo heading back to Chelsea

- Gamst more than possibly leaving on a free

- Hoilett very likely leaving on a free (may get slight compensation)

- Roberts seemingly wanting out (not that I'm bothered)

We're going to be very thread bare - especially up front. Seems as if yet again that we'll have to either replace these players with peanuts or scramble around for free transfers.

It is sad how we have fallen. Hopefully we will finish higher up the league than budgeted for - and release some money for transfers. There is always the outside chance that the trust will fund an "investment" purchase - as was inferred in the last window.

We will struggle financially this coming season - last season we had Santa and Warnock - but saw only limited investment (though some debts were paid off). This season - I can only see Samba as a potential transfer that would generate enough money to allow us to "play the transfer market. On a more positive note - a number of our younger players (Nzonzi, Olsson, Kalanic etc) will be a bit more experienced - there is always the option of loans from one of the big four - and the free transfer market has decent quality in it these days.

Seems as if yet again that we'll have to either replace these players with peanuts or scramble around for free transfers.

Someone's been reading the official transfer policy! ;)

Interestingthat Lancashire Telegraph article. Here's hoping for a good finish then.

Twas ever thus.

Hughes never seemed to get a transfer windfall for guiding us into substantially better finishing positions than must have been anticipated and/or to Cup semi finals.

It only ever seems to be a consideration when results are worse than anticipated.

Depressing reading really, the manager may get 2million if we sustain our current league position, if we don’t he’ll get nowt???

For years now we’ve traded our best assets to manage the budget, but clearly this approach is unsustainable in the longer term as we have no assets to sell now.

John Williams is on a hiding to nothing here, you can’t cut the wage bill and replace like for like. If the current trend continues you can only see one outcome given time, relegation, and that is something that is a reality if we continue down the current path.

Only way we can stop this is by attracting investment, and that doesn’t look likely to happen either.

Depressing.

Depressing reading really, the manager may get 2million if we sustain our current league position, if we don’t he’ll get nowt???

For years now we’ve traded our best assets to manage the budget, but clearly this approach is unsustainable in the longer term as we have no assets to sell now.

John Williams is on a hiding to nothing here, you can’t cut the wage bill and replace like for like. If the current trend continues you can only see one outcome given time, relegation, and that is something that is a reality if we continue down the current path.

Only way we can stop this is by attracting investment, and that doesn’t look likely to happen either.

Depressing.

Or support the idea for a play off for the champions league 4th spot. Aim for a top 7 would be easier for rovers than a top 4. Of course they would then need to win that play off. But the champions league is where the money is.

Or support the idea for a play off for the champions league 4th spot. Aim for a top 7 would be easier for rovers than a top 4. Of course they would then need to win that play off. But the champions league is where the money is.

I think thats a great idea myself, not sure any of the top 4 would go for it though.

Archived