BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

God your tight. I was thinking of putting £20m into the club in exchange for a decent share of the club, making sure some was available for transfers and not just paying debts.

No id of given £6m for a box....not a share.

Id of given them extra in a few years when I turned £50m into much more.

As for Targets - this is one I wouldnt mind us watching

"Tottenham's Jamie O'Hara is ready to quit the club in a bid to further his career. The midfielder is currently on loan at Portsmouth."

Full story: Daily Mail

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No id of given £6m for a box....not a share.

Id of given them extra in a few years when I turned £50m into much more.

As for Targets - this is one I wouldnt mind us watching

"Tottenham's Jamie O'Hara is ready to quit the club in a bid to further his career. The midfielder is currently on loan at Portsmouth."

Full story: Daily Mail

You'd of got one of the boxes that has external seating behind N02 of the BBE and invited the rest of the N02 BRFCS lads from time to time wouldn't you?

O'Hara would be a decent signing for us, let Reid go when his contract expires and possibly offload Keef :blush: to help fund the move? I'm not sure what length of contract O'Hara has got left running but if it's first team football he's after he could do a lot worse than us. The problem is the likes of bent nose Bruce at Blunderland steps in with bigger money for players like that.

I read the story of Sam only getting the McCarthy money depending on our final league position and quite frankly felt like crying.TWO million pound and Allardyce has to literally blow for it?...TOTALLY embarrassing.

EITHER BACK US FINANCIALLY OUR SELL US FFS! :angry:

THERE ARE NO BUYERS- ONLY SCHEISTERS!!!

I read the story of Sam only getting the McCarthy money depending on our final league position and quite frankly felt like crying.TWO million pound and Allardyce has to literally blow for it?...TOTALLY embarrassing.

EITHER BACK US FINANCIALLY OUR SELL US FFS! :angry:

Who to?

You are most probably right Philipl but by christ what an awfully depressing situation for both the manager and supporters.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH WALKER TRUST!

What was that SG? Does he get it if we finish higher, or will they use the increase in prize money to pocket it?

Would you bet against it?

I'm still in favor of a supporter buy-out. Or at least a serious investigation to see if it can realistically be achieved. If we have no other options, than I think all avenues should at least be looked at.

I'm still in favor of a supporter buy-out. Or at least a serious investigation to see if it can realistically be achieved. If we have no other options, than I think all avenues should at least be looked at.

I've done a serious investigation. Granted it only lasted about 10 seconds and was conducted entirely in my head, but it's concluded the ratio of club value (thanks to a Premier League stadium, Premier League players, various other PL assets) to size of fanbase is far, far too big to have a supporter buyout.

I've done a serious investigation. Granted it only lasted about 10 seconds and was conducted entirely in my head, but it's concluded the ratio of club value (thanks to a Premier League stadium, Premier League players, various other PL assets) to size of fanbase is far, far too big to have a supporter buyout.

Yeah, that's not really constructive. I'm saying we should not immediately dismiss our options just because they look improbable "in your head". As you can see, billionaire owners are not lining up to inject millions into the club. And just sitting on our backsides waiting to eventually be relegated due to a lack of funding, which one of these years will happen, is not exactly positive thinking either.

Yeah, that's not really constructive. I'm saying we should not immediately dismiss our options just because they look improbable "in your head". As you can see, billionaire owners are not lining up to inject millions into the club. And just sitting on our backsides waiting to eventually be relegated due to a lack of funding, which one of these years will happen, is not exactly positive thinking either.

Imo, it will only be plausible if we go down (that is accounting for the finance values provided by Philipl). So a fan buy-out isn't positive thing either ;). If you look at the only REAL example where a fan buy-out has worked, check out the league that Ebbsfleet Utd are in. :P

Why would be that be better than now?

If the club is losing money (which it does) where would the money come from to plug the holes? What if we got relegated?

At least the trust give us a safety net, even if they aren't investing. With a supporters trust, we'd have no investment and no safety net.

I'm still hoping we take another look at Belhadj in the summer. Good player, decent pace. Pedersen's replacement?

I was thinking similar. He'd take the LB spot for Olsson to get in at LM. I am, however, assuming that Basturk (and later Linganzi) will come good. Also, surely the likes of Doran and Judge should get a look in so we can let Hoilett go and get shut of Keef? While Hoilett is decent, Doran showed more romise last season than Hoilett has this season.

Belhadj would also mean we could afford to sell Zurab without much trouble. I'm hoping EITHER Grella comes good and we let Reid go, or Reid comes good and we get a fee for Grella. If the one who stays were to be injured (how likely is that? :unsure: ) we have NZonzi who has done remarkably well and Emerton as a stop gap.

When all is considered, I don't think we really have much to worry about through the squad other than the shortage of strikers. I'd be looking at bringing Marcus Marshall and Andy Haworth into the fore next year too. Rather than all the doom and gloom, I would see the times as quite exciting atmo!

The Trust Fund seems to be hanging on for 40M quid. However they run the risk of the club being worth less as time goes on and still having to put money in to keep us up. Realistically the club's assets are only worth anything as a going Premier League football club. Whatever it cost to build Ewood Park would go for scrap if we ever folded. And I can't see boutique flats on the famous old site as happened with Arsenal.. The facilities at Brockhall are obviously attractive but come with strict planning restrictions. So maybe the Walkers should get out while they can if they are not interested in owning the club anymore rather than running us down bit by bit.. No-one seems interested at the reputed asking price.

Examples of successful fan buy-outs please.

I'll give you a clue - there aren't any.

Next daft idea......

The Trust Fund seems to be hanging on for 40M quid. However they run the risk of the club being worth less as time goes on and still having to put money in to keep us up. Realistically the club's assets are only worth anything as a going Premier League football club. Whatever it cost to build Ewood Park would go for scrap if we ever folded. And I can't see boutique flats on the famous old site as happened with Arsenal.. The facilities at Brockhall are obviously attractive but come with strict planning restrictions. So maybe the Walkers should get out while they can if they are not interested in owning the club anymore rather than running us down bit by bit.. No-one seems interested at the reputed asking price.

A deeply inaccurate and misguided assessment.

We weaken our squad in January and the money will be available during the summer provided we don't slip up in the league. It's understandable with the lack of financial backing we're receiving at the moment but why the hell are we selling players when league position matters that much? Selling Benni makes absolutely no sense...

And £2 million isn't financial backing in today's market, it's pocket change :/

Supporters buy out is a stupid notion. We can't even agree about anything on here ffs never mind stump up the wherewithall to see off the Walker Trust!

As for you Simon garners194 just look at dept table for Premier League clubs, stop your irresponsible whingeing and get down on your knees in gratitude to the trust. Because of their shrewd guideance we are not in danger of going tits up like so many other clubs are should the cold financial wind blow even harder.

Archived