BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

Out of interest, why do you think we should sign Di Santo? On a cheap would be 3 / 4 million. Probably over half our budget...

Also I presume people are joking about signing Nonda? Jon Parkin with a broken leg would be a better signing!

Full of the joys of victory :P

Di Santo works his butt off for the team trying to create something. I have no doubt that if we had a decent level of service into the box that he and Kalinic would both score plenty. The worry with Di Santo is that he doesn't seem able to create those half chances for himself, which Kalinic can do, but I am not sure that doesn't make him a good buy at such a young age.

I personally always loved Nonda. A few goals from him are far better than watching Jason Roberts smash the ball straight at the keeper.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

di santo will be a quality player in a few years time! if he had proper service he would score plenty of goals, our strikers to score in open play have to beat or out muscle about 4 defenders to get a shot away! no striker would score alot of goals in our team! put drogba up there and he wouldent score, so its a bit harsh to blame di santo

Plenty of people around me shouting to him to stand up.

Maybe your one of the group of experts sitting by him.

Try hanging a 6ft 3" 14 stone defender on you shoulder and see how long you stay on your feet while trying to turn and run. It's not like the defenders let him go when he collects the ball.

Disclaimer: weight and height suggestions are the opinion of the author and not necessarily accurate.

The disclaimer is just for you Den, I know you'll ask me to prove his height etc or call me a clever boy like the last time

Maybe your one of the group of experts sitting by him.

Try hanging a 6ft 3" 14 stone defender on you shoulder and see how long you stay on your feet while trying to turn and run. It's not like the defenders let him go when he collects the ball.

Well that's out of order. Playing big tall centre halves, is just not on.

Goodness.

Well that's out of order. Playing big tall centre halves, is just not on.

Goodness.

crap reply even by your standards.

Wasn't suggesting they should play anything less than huge centre halves, just stating that it's not as easy to play against as you suggest.

Was that in the home leg?

I don't remember that but was in Germany to witness Roberts falling in a heap in front of an open goal when all he had to do was touch the ball.

Yeah, last minute, a goal would have taken us through.

He only seems to get one chance per game, and as he wastes that chance, a second, third, fourth opportunity, never seems to happen .

If we could get a stiker who was able to convert one chance per game, how much would we be talking in both fee and wages??? upwards of £20million at least, thats our problem, we cant buy those kind of players, its a gamble, we were lucky with Roque and in fact to a degree Benni, but there arent many around, Pavulychenko is valued at £15,000,000 plus and has hardly had any playing time.

If we could get a stiker who was able to convert one chance per game, how much would we be talking in both fee and wages??? upwards of £20million at least, thats our problem, we cant buy those kind of players, its a gamble, we were lucky with Roque and in fact to a degree Benni, but there arent many around, Pavulychenko is valued at £15,000,000 plus and has hardly had any playing time.

What i'm saying is he Di Santo needs or the team needs to be making at least four or five goalscoring opportunity's, instead of what seems to happen with the solitary one which is then easy for the fans to remember that he missed that chance.

With Andrews and N'Zonzi in the centre of midfield the team isnt going to have many chances at goal.

I saw Di Santo twice whilst he was at Chelsea admittedly in the reserves but he was very impressive, I do still believe that with more opportunities he will come good be that here or elsewhere. 17 in 19 at that level is pretty good. Personally though if I put myself in his shoes, I reckon I'd be pretty low at present I've barely had a decent chance a game and the pressure on me to convert those infrequent opportunities is growing all the time.

Not a good situation for a Kiddie finding his feet in our league.

Nature of the beast, you only get one or two very good chances to score at this level. That's really the only major deference between the top level and the rest.

That said, I'd like to see him get a real chance up top with Niko for a few games. He can control and knock it around very well and I think the two would do very well together.

I do agree that he must be feeling low at the minute, especially as he has been played on the wing of late.

Nature of the beast, you only get one or two very good chances to score at this level. That's really the only major deference between the top level and the rest.

That said, I'd like to see him get a real chance up top with Niko for a few games. He can control and knock it around very well and I think the two would do very well together.

I do agree that he must be feeling low at the minute, especially as he has been played on the wing of late.

I believe with Kids you have to be very pragmatic and if possible increase there chances of success by placing them in easier situations.

Playing them together would be my preference as well, hopefully they'd both have less pressure on them. I agree that they would work well as a partnership, it would be nice to see it on the pitch to see if we're right.

Guest andrewpickup

Kalinic displayed one of the worst striker performances I have seen last night! He did challange for anything at all! utterlly Awefull! He was trying to turn a man, but he has no strength whatsoever! When Roberts came on he was doing it like it should be done, much stronger and just what rovers needed up front! Someone who could hold it up!

you are ridiculous, i cant be doing with ridiculous, he is clearly a class player and itss simple as that

This board just gets bitchier and bitchier.

Oooh that's rich coming from you. I've heard you don't even donkey stone your front doorstep on a Mondays.

You really awful slag.

I agree, but with the limited amount of strikers at the moment we double the chance of someone getting injured. Once we changed from five in midfield against Hull is when we lost charge of the game, our midfield just isn't good enough with only four. MGP doesn't fit too well into a 4-4-2 centrally either so at the moment our options are limited. I think we'll stay up but we need to tie up Hoilett and Morten on new deals.

He only seems to get one chance per game, and as he wastes that chance, a second, third, fourth opportunity, never seems to happen .

Thank you. People complain he wastes chances, but how many real opportunities does he get? It's this scarcity that has magnified that handful that he has missed. If we actually had someone who could spot a pass, we'd be in a fairer position to judge.

If I knew what "donkey stone" was, I'd scratch your eyes out, you cheap slut.

Donkey stone? There's a blast from the past - haven't heard that in years. Anyway, it's like a Horse stone, only scruffier and more stubborn...

On a different subject, does anybody know if Linguini and Basturk went to Dubai? Or are they still here trying to get up to fitness ready for the next game?

Donkey stone? There's a blast from the past - haven't heard that in years. Anyway, it's like a Horse stone, only scruffier and more stubborn...

On a different subject, does anybody know if Linguini and Basturk went to Dubai? Or are they still here trying to get up to fitness ready for the next game?

I'd like to know if Linganzi is there too.

I read something the other week, I think it was on the LET website and Basturk was saying that he would staying behind to do fitness work. Linganzi isn't going to play this season anyway (unless there is an injury crisis), so he could go and get to know his team mates or he could stay at home and get settled in and start getting himself physically ready for the Premiership. Basturk is more of a priority in terms of getting into the team and making an impact, so he needs to get fit.

Archived