BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

I agree, but with the limited amount of strikers at the moment we double the chance of someone getting injured. Once we changed from five in midfield against Hull is when we lost charge of the game, our midfield just isn't good enough with only four. MGP doesn't fit too well into a 4-4-2 centrally either so at the moment our options are limited. I think we'll stay up but we need to tie up Hoilett and Morten on new deals.

I'm not sure if this is true. Did anyone else see MacDonald and then shortly afterwards Allardyce telling the players to sit deep in the second half shortly after they went 4-4-2?

I felt that was the turning point, not the change to 4-4-2 as we starting trying to contain the opposition. When that happens the gap between attack and midfield is huge and they are less supportive of the strikers. The ball just keeps returning back to the opposition after being hoofed up the field so the defense is ran ragged.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

That owusu abeiye or whatever he's called that some mocked Pompey for signing looked good today admittedly against a poor side. Dindane scored again as well

Does Benjani even get into the Sunderland team? This could be nothing more than Benjani's agents trying to push a move to a club where he could be playing week in and out, I always thought Sunderland were looking at him for a Jones replacement.

Nothing to see here guys move on hopefully.

Does Benjani even get into the Sunderland team? This could be nothing more than Benjani's agents trying to push a move to a club where he could be playing week in and out, I always thought Sunderland were looking at him for a Jones replacement.

Nothing to see here guys move on hopefully.

Watching the Pompey game lsat night, the lad on loan from Spartak looked very good on the left side, (he's got a very long name)

Dindane has also looked useful since his return.

Accordingly to The People we are about signing Dieumerci Mbokani from Standard Liège. I seen him once play against Arsenal. Didnt do much, but he got pace and can finish.

Also Roberts is suppose to be sold and Di Santo go back to Cheslea. Might need 3 new strikers then in the summer.

Our team is DESPERATELY crying out for pace. Most of our players are static, and the only player who has a motor on him seldom features and will likely leave at the end of the season. I don't care if the player lacks the end product, as long as there's room for improvement. Not too long ago, many on here turned their noses up at Aaron Lennon on those grounds, but now he's one of the country's best wingers.

Accordingly to The People we are about signing Dieumerci Mbokani from Standard Liège. I seen him once play against Arsenal. Didnt do much, but he got pace and can finish.

I saw him play against Arsenal and thought he looked decent. He was playing up top by himself, so there was little he could do, but he was big and fast, which usually means you can't finish!

Of course it is worth looking at ALL options now. Don't forget the Bosman situation this summer which means it is now open season for pre-contract negotiations.

Unfortunately, being without Benni, Roberts wanted/wanting out and Di Santo not permanent, the forward line is once again where the priority will lie this summer.

Of course it is worth looking at ALL options now. Don't forget the Bosman situation this summer which means it is now open season for pre-contract negotiations.

Unfortunately, being without Benni, Roberts wanted/wanting out and Di Santo not permanent, the forward line is once again where the priority will lie this summer.

I understand why the club are perhaps looking at options now, but its not worth the fans getting bothered by transfer speculation when its 3 months until the window opens again. People getting annoyed at the Benjani link when we still have no idea who exactly will leave, where we will finish which will have a direct impact on our transfer funds and whether these recent links to strikers are accurate what so ever.

hi all,

couple of points maybe nicko can clear up last week when Pompey were in court on the same day they were due to pay Lens 2.5M for Dindane as he has made 15 appearances for the club did they meet that payment is he now their player?. If they have not paid it are lens going to court over the fee owed?. Have they decided whether they could sell dindane outside of the ordinary transfer window? How likely is this interest in Benjani I hear when he had a medical here he failed it due to a dodgy knee seems unlikely we will go for him if he has a poor injury record. I know Pompey are after one of our former strikers Shabani Nonda seems unlikely to go there in view of the fact they are struggling to pay the players they have got on time. I heard we were in for the Congo striker how strong is that interest?. I know Sam said he would not go for free agents but we were linked to him as well as pompey maybe we could do another gazumping trick and steal Nonda from under their noses. Nicko can you let us know which striker is likely to arrive or if all 3 might arrive unlikely I know unless Roberts & DiSanto leave.

Also Roberts is suppose to be sold and Di Santo go back to Cheslea. Might need 3 new strikers then in the summer.

And don't forget Reid and MGP being up in the air, and Hoilett on the way out (presumably). I'm thinking we could need as many as five players this summer (replacements for Roberts, Di Santo, MGP, Reid and Hoilett), and that doesn't count my hope that we move Andrews and EHD also.

I think it would be a great move if the Rovers went for Dieumerci Mbokani. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieumerci_Mbokani

You're right. But with possibily of three midfielders out the door (MGP, Reid and Hoilett) I suspect the midfield will get some much needed attention.

I'm not sure if this is true. Did anyone else see MacDonald and then shortly afterwards Allardyce telling the players to sit deep in the second half shortly after they went 4-4-2?

I felt that was the turning point, not the change to 4-4-2 as we starting trying to contain the opposition. When that happens the gap between attack and midfield is huge and they are less supportive of the strikers. The ball just keeps returning back to the opposition after being hoofed up the field so the defense is ran ragged.

It was happening before that, early in the 2nd half Emerton started getting down the right wing and running at his full back, the response to this after he missed a good chance was to haul him off the look on his face said it all, he was clearly not following instuctions to contain the one nil down ten men crap opposition but actualy trying to attack and get another goal from open play which is clearly against the mantra of this management.

It was happening before that, early in the 2nd half Emerton started getting down the right wing and running at his full back, the response to this after he missed a good chance was to haul him off the look on his face said it all, he was clearly not following instuctions to contain the one nil down ten men crap opposition but actualy trying to attack and get another goal from open play which is clearly against the mantra of this management.

Yes, the reason why he got taken off was because he tried to score a goal. Clearly.

Don't talk such utter @#/?.

Yes, the reason why he got taken off was because he tried to score a goal. Clearly.

Don't talk such utter @#/?.

First of all keyboard warrior i'll inbox you my address and if you want to swear at me you can come round and do it, secondly and back to the point emerton was subbed because he was trying to play with a bit of attacking nouse and not just lobbing the ball in the box or trying to hang on to it and draw a free kick, throw in or corner as diouf was doing all second half. If you do actually attend the games i suggest that after the emotion of being there you watch replays of the game on footy first or whatever, watch the system, watch the style and watch whats going on. At home 1 nil up against a team who are poor and have 10 men and arent going to go all out attack there is no need for that style of play.

:lol:

Don't be a tit.

I only invited him round for a brew lol. For the record im not against Sam i just think when the opportunity to get the ball down and play a bit presents itself we should do it. When bert was having a go down the wing the other night it got the crowd going as well and i was annoyed he was hauled off, i'll take it back if he was injured.

Archived