BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Groundhog January - Rovers V Villa

jonv

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diouf banned for three games is no big loss.

Interestingly Di Santo has been substituted for Peds - although am not sure why we need an extra midfielder, to hold on to the 2-0 loss. It does suggest Franco is more likely to start against Villa than Kalinic on tuesday though imo. Being hard working if we wanted to be defensive, the more logical choice to take off would be Kalinic.

They are quite clearly not taking it seriously so why should we take the club seriously.

The direction of this club right now is making me question my love of it. I'm fed up of paying money to see poor football played by over-paid idiots like Diouf, R. We need money and by not taking the FA Cup seriously we are as good as pissing away income from the only real chance of success we have baring the League Cup to generate some non-player sold income.

This isn't a kneejerk reaction btw, its been brewing for many weeks now and I really feel sorry for the fans who have wasted their money travelling down to Villa Park this afternoon.

• Backroom

Everyone keep calm and remember it is all about Tuesday. No one will care about the third round of the FA cup when we're headed to Wembley.

Just try to contain the damage...

To throw away our place in the FA cup is shocking in my opinion

Everyone keep calm and remember it is all about Tuesday. No one will care about the third round of the FA cup when we're headed to Wembley.

Just try to contain the damage...

Quite right. I never expected us to get much out of today. I have us down for a 3-1 defeat.

That's what happens when you completely change your backline. Fair play to Sam for giving the youngsters a go, but you have to expect a complete mess defensively if you change your back four and keeper and that's not something you want to happen against Villa.

• Backroom

I commented in the chat room that i think rightly or wrongly the tide could turn against Sam in a big way should we be soundly beaten on Tuesday.

That game takes on massive importance for him now.

Archived