BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Groundhog January - Rovers V Villa

jonv

Are you saying we've put a side out to lose today?

If so, I think it's disgraceful to give up a game before it's even been played.

9 changes ,a whole back four....what do you think its not the best team so id say he didnt want to win or give a hoot if we lost.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a case of beating Villa, I think it's a case of us fans at least expecting a performance and some effort (both players & manager). I really am not that fussed if we get beat as long as we don't have idiots like Diouf getting straight reds out of frustration. No shots on target in 45 mins shows just how poor a side we really are.

There you have it. We lack the quality in the final third of the pitch.

Lets just hope the fans that went to villa park today are given free entry on tuesday.... i dont give a flying (Please don't use that word again) how important any game is. We havent made an effort today which is a complete joke and an insult to the fans who have gone. The players out there should be decent enough to at least compete.

I think it's a side that the fans were happy with and which Sam thought could go out and maybe snatch a win. Obviously, it hasn't worked that way. However, Tuesday night you will see the full strength squad, with the likes of Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, McCarthy and Robinson back into our starting XI.

The priority has always been Tuesday for me and majority of the fans. I'd take a 10-0 hammering today if it meant us going to Wembeley. For me I couldn't give a hooters about today. It's all about Tuesday night!

If we weren't in the Semi's and he put a side out like this, then it would be a different story mind you.

9 changes ,a whole back four....what do you think its not the best team so id say he didnt want to win or give a hoot if we lost.

I'm trying to be diplomatic, 'cos I know what would happen if I started slagging him.

What I would say is that to throw a game before it's started is poor for the morale of the club - no-one wants to be a loser. OK, so you might lose, but you don't want to give the opposition a helping hand, you want to fight. And I can't really see the logic in putting two different teams out, put the first team out and fine-tune the tactics for tuesday.

I can guess Big Sam's post match interview already: 'it all hinged on Dunny's pen and that's just the way our lucks going right now. Give us a 13 million quid striker and we'd probably be in the next round of the cup. Dioufy is gutted in the dressing room now - completely out of character..blah blah blah'.

Getting fed-up with football right now.

Kalinic :D.

• Backroom

Maybe he is the expert :wacko:

This if nothing else today is something to take from the game, nice one Nikola, that should be his place cemented

Yes Nico!

And Dunn off for Zurab is a weird change. Im guessing Olsson to midfield, Pedersen infield, and Salgado back to right back.

Maybe he has tuesday in mund with regards to Dunn. Just back from injry etc.

This is where Sam's tactic of prioritising certain games falls down imo.

He may not actively want to lose any games, but by prioritising games he thinks we can win (the semi, easier games at home etc) we don't seem to go into the games we aren't prioritising inb the right frame of mind and get drubbed accordingly.

Edit: 2-1 Kalinic - pleased for him.

Glad Kalinic has got a goal, hopefully a timely boost to his confidence and something for him to build upon. Hopefully he might get himself a second today and then we might start to see him get more gametime in the coming weeks.

He may not actively want to lose any games, but by prioritising games he thinks we can win (the semi, easier games at home etc) we don't seem to go into the games we aren't prioritising inb the right frame of mind and get drubbed accordingly.

Edit: 2-1 Kalinic - pleased for him.

Another angle is that it allows Sam to see other players. After all we are in the transfer window.

Sparky used to do the same, particularly in the early days of his management.

Difference is our away form under Sam is currently horrendous.

Archived