BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

if the trust are willing to put up cash they feel is an `investment` i.e. a young player with good sell on potential, doesn`t that mean they are the ones that hope to profit from any high sell on fee? that suggests to me they`ve profited before possibly. have we has the wool pulled over our eyes in the past here?

If they are goin to put substancial cash up then they can surely expect a share of any profit, its the trusts money remember not Brfc's and its got to be better than bank loans.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still trying to find out where he went or where he is.

I can't see Gudjohnsen, big wages and lack of sharpness these days.

Benni will go to West Ham if they up the bid a bit and he sorts out this work permit issue which is even messier than first imagined.

Could Sam possibly be talking to Klass Jan Huntelaar? I read on Sky Sports that his agent said that a number of Premiership teams are talking to them, with Everton believed to be one of them. It would obviously be a loan move, but that could explain why we are so keen to get rid of McCarthy and Pedersen and use the money generated from these sales, to finance a move for Huntelaar. It's a long shot, but Sam has never been afraid to go after players that you may have though were too big for his club.

Could Sam possibly be talking to Klass Jan Huntelaar? I read on Sky Sports that his agent said that a number of Premiership teams are talking to them, with Everton believed to be one of them. It would obviously be a loan move, but that could explain why we are so keen to get rid of McCarthy and Pedersen and use the money generated from these sales, to finance a move for Huntelaar. It's a long shot, but Sam has never been afraid to go after players that you may have though were too big for his club.

That would be a good signing but I don't think he is Sam's type of player. Doesn't really get involved in the game. Don't think he would come as well...

The player that the club was ready to find money for was a special case...I think there is money there if the target is regarded as an investment. The manager was being backed in that quest.

Hmm, bit of past tense in there. Should we take it that the manager is no longer being backed in that quest, or that something has changed regarding the initial target? If so, could you let us know roughly what went wrong?

A 'good' signing? He's on of Europe's top strikers, it would be one of the club's biggest coups since the days of 95!

Huntelaar is well too good to be coming to clubs like us. Even Everton would be extremely fortunate to get him. He's a top four, Champions League quality player and we have absolutely no chance of getting him unfortunately. He's probably on well over £80k a week as well.

A 'good' signing? He's on of Europe's top strikers, it would be one of the club's biggest coups since the days of 95!

Huntelaar is well too good to be coming to clubs like us. Even Everton would be extremely fortunate to get him. He's a top four, Champions League quality player and we have absolutely no chance of getting him unfortunately. He's probably on well over £80k a week as well.

We have more chance with Luca Toni!

I think the past tense is about Ledley who got himself injured. Not about the principle of investing in re-saleable assets.

Obviously we lost at least a week of the window following the Man City debacle but no other club seems to have made much use of that time except for WHU half selling themselves.

This is a stunningly slow window and even more hesitant than I forecast.

I desperately hope Rovers make sure we have actually got the replacement before letting anyone go because signing players is proving unbelievably difficult for virtually all clubs. As things stand the betting has got to be on us selling Benni and failing to sign anybody simply because Sam and Benni have fallen out so badly.

Benni is in Spain. The reasons for that were personal.

No more detailed word on Eguren yet. Must say that Basturk seems a strange one to me.

The player that the club was ready to find money for was a special case...I think there is money there if the target is regarded as an investment. The manager was being backed in that quest.

I think his wife & kids are living in Spain (that`s what i over-heard anyway) :unsure:

I am still trying to find out where he went or where he is.

I can't see Gudjohnsen, big wages and lack of sharpness these days.

Benni will go to West Ham if they up the bid a bit and he sorts out this work permit issue which is even messier than first imagined.

alan have you found out were sam gone ,as morton gone to turkey yet if it was i would keep him hes playing ok at the morment

We just too slow with Eguren. Its down to how much we wanted him, finances, and not being able to sell anybody. Diouf, Mgp and Andrews has to go please ffs.

Who the hell is going to buy Andrews or Diouf? you cant just say 'all we have to do is sell x, y and z in order to finance a transfer' if there isnt a market for those players. We may get £3m for both McCarthy/MGP which isnt going to be enough to purchase anyone special.

Any chance of an 11oclocker? considering its basically one week until the end of the window im assuming things are starting to warm up?

Who the hell is going to buy Andrews or Diouf? you cant just say 'all we have to do is sell x, y and z in order to finance a transfer' if there isnt a market for those players. We may get £3m for both McCarthy/MGP which isnt going to be enough to purchase anyone special.

Any chance of an 11oclocker? considering its basically one week until the end of the window im assuming things are starting to warm up?

Mgp is out of contract end of season. I would think getting him off the wage bill now by getting a small fee as well, and then a talented player in on loan. Does it look like things are starting to warm up? Its been fecking quiet, so where are things warming up?

Mgp is out of contract end of season. I would think getting him off the wage bill now by getting a small fee as well, and then a talented player in on loan. Does it look like things are starting to warm up? Its been fecking quiet, so where are things warming up?

Well obviously we'd take more or less anything for Gamst at the moment. I meant warming up in the sense that McCarthy and Gamst are apparently talking to other clubs and therefore Sam should have money to spend before the close of the window. Its hardly earth shatteringly exciting but its certainly hotter then it has been up until now. If we're ever going to hear about potential targets then its going to be from now onwards.

Well obviously we'd take more or less anything for Gamst at the moment. I meant warming up in the sense that McCarthy and Gamst are apparently talking to other clubs and therefore Sam should have money to spend before the close of the window. Its hardly earth shatteringly exciting but its certainly hotter then it has been up until now. If we're ever going to hear about potential targets then its going to be from now onwards.

1 week to go, and thats the problem. He will have to sort out all the players, who either wants out and potential incoming players. If Benni and Mgp leaves on deadline day, and Sam cant find a replacement then we are screwed. Its why i cant understand, why no potential loan signing or freebie has happened yet. It would make sense, to 1st get somebody in, and then let players go. I understand, we need to finance those deals, but we playing with fire with only 8 or so days left.

1 week to go, and thats the problem. He will have to sort out all the players, who either wants out and potential incoming players. If Benni and Mgp leaves on deadline day, and Sam cant find a replacement then we are screwed. Its why i cant understand, why no potential loan signing or freebie has happened yet. It would make sense, to 1st get somebody in, and then let players go. I understand, we need to finance those deals, but we playing with fire with only 8 or so days left.

A quick look at Soccerbase:

Yorke 54 starts, 19 goals (A goal every 2.84 starts).

McCarthy 103 starts, 52 goals (A goal every 1.98 starts).

McCarthy has done far more for Rovers than Yorke ever did.

That is an interesting claim. I personally have no jibes with Yorke, or McCarthy, I have no doubt that both have done good for us.

Did you ever look at Cole's record? Pretty similar to Yorke, but the fans perception of each was vastly different.

Cole 87 starts, 30 goals (A goal every 2.9 starts)

When you look at the cost of the strikers compared to their goal ratio return, it would suggest that Cole represented bad value for money compared to his rivals. I think that it's more then just about these stats.

I'm sure Sam would love to do what you suggest, but the board won't free up any money for him unless we sell or he finds what they feel is an excellent investment. In the meantime, all he can do is line up deals, which I'm sure he has, in the event of sales, so that we can rush them through when necessary. All the signs are that Beattie is a Rovers player as soon as the money is there. Much to my chagrin.

Archived