BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thanks - yep I would be happy with that as it get Andrews out of Rovers. Alan Smith is also imo a better player than Andrews. Although not a perfect transfer, but the fact it gets rid of Andrews is sufficient for me.

i watched alan smith against west brom last week , and i wasn't overly impressed, however i do miss a nasty little b'stard in midfield ala , batty , savage , mckinlay etc, n'zonzi isn't a tackler and i think we need one so why not eh?

Apparently Newcastle are bidding for Keith Andrews and Blackburn want Alan Smith in exchange

As much as I tend to take rumours with more than a pinch of salt I have to say that this would work, I dont admire Alan Smith but he is a good workhorse and puts himself about and god knows we are missing that, as for Keith well he probably be a decent player in the championship (not sure how he would cope with the physical side).

I dont really see it happenening because the geordies look all set for a return for the prem and im not sure where old Keith would lie then but the fact that they have Smith, Nolan and Barton on the books could well mean that one will be off somewhere and I dont think it will be Nolan.

i watched alan smith against west brom last week , and i wasn't overly impressed, however i do miss a nasty little b'stard in midfield ala , batty , savage , mckinlay etc, n'zonzi isn't a tackler and i think we need one so why not eh?

I watch Andrews every week against anyone and I'm not impressed.

Apparently Newcastle are bidding for Keith Andrews and Blackburn want Alan Smith in exchange

I'd rather we took Barton at 2 years younger and on lower wages. At least Smith has an aggressive side to his game, which is what we need in the centre.

If the words of that article are correct - it implies that Beattie would prefer fulham to Rovers, I would question if he really is a Rovers supporter.

Don't put too much hope in any professionals being "supporters" they support the team who offers the most money. Those who say Dunn "loves Blackburn" are also kidding themselves. In this case, I am hoping Beattie is just like all the rest because I wouldn't be keen on seeing him back here.

I'd rather we took Barton at 2 years younger and on lower wages. At least Smith has an aggressive side to his game, which is what we need in the centre.

Me too but Smith would be adequate...

I'm surprised that most of you would be so happy to take Smith. Is he a better player than Andrews? Unquestionably. Is he something of a crock, currently on £60k a week? Unquestionably.

I'd also worry about how tempted Sam might be to throw him up front to fit his hoofball to a rough lad tactics. And given how poor Smith's goal record is, that would be disastrous.

I agree with this, as much as Joey Barton is a hated figure amongst most fans and other players the lad has ability and with him comes a fire that you need to control and use, Joey is the kind of player that could excel or just fade away in the lower leagues, what he needs is a man manager and a bit of direction on his life.

As he matures he will no doubt understand what a c0ck he has been and focus on earning his coin and when this happens he is going to be a very good player for someone.

I agree with this, as much as Joey Barton is a hated figure amongst most fans and other players the lad has ability and with him comes a fire that you need to control and use, Joey is the kind of player that could excel or just fade away in the lower leagues, what he needs is a man manager and a bit of direction on his life.

As he matures he will no doubt understand what a c0ck he has been and focus on earning his coin and when this happens he is going to be a very good player for someone.

As a player he is good enough. But I don't care if he plays like Pele, he is scum and I will be in outrage if we ever sign him. He'd have to cure cancer first to win me over.

Did Sam not manage him at his time at Newcastle? If so, how did he do?

Did Sam not manage him at his time at Newcastle? If so, how did he do?

He did and he also showed he could not control him then that maybe the reason he hasnt gone for him again, I just find it a shame that when a player has natural ability like Barton has and chooses to waste his life away.

I have to admit that I wasnt as forthcoming with the signing of diouf though now this guy will never learn and isnt offering us much either.

Archived