BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

The latest as I know it...

BENNI - big problems with the fee and potential hold-ups with a work permit appeal...Hammers dropping hints they will go elsewhere...classic Sullivan-Gold tactic.

BEATTIE - Fulham seem to have an interest, but again that will come down to the fee...going to be some balancing act to get Benni out and Beattie in for the same price.

ROBERTS - Wigan are bringing in some Argie striker from Villarreal for a lot of money...so I don't see that one.

ANDREWS SMITH SWAP - Not sure I see how that one works for anyone.

GUDJOHNSEN - becoming a possible because nobody else wants him...wonder why?...big wages...but could come on loan.

EGUREN - bit of a blow if he goes to Lazio, a very decent player.

ADAM JOHNSON - was the player the Trustees would have forked out for, but he seems set to sign for Chelsea...young, talented players are hard to find.

MGP - talking to Fenerbahce last I heard.

FOREIGN TARGET - I think someone was watched for the left wing position at the weekend which would be needed if MGP goes and Junior doesn't sign that contract.

mmm, the trustees were willing to fund a move for adam johnson then? that bodes well for the future anyway. at least they are willing to invest in any promising player they feel could be sold on for profit later. they are are business ultimatly and that`s a business approach that can`t be argued with.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

This week is going to be hectic.

Letting Benni join WHU and not having a replacement lined up would be suicidal. Beattie is not a replacememt got Benni (unless Sam changes his formation). This year we have used Dunn and Benni in very similar roles, so if Beattie is bought in I can only assume that he will play where Kalanic has been playing (bad move as Niko is just starting to show what he is capable off). It could be that Niko is dropped into the role that Benni/Dunny have been playing, but think that he will be wasted there.

Roberts and Andrews leaving is only good, if we can get in replacements. Our squad does not have any depth so surely it has to be a one out, one in policy.

I think that it is going to be mayhem this week as there are a lot of clubs who do not have much money but are desperate to do some trading.

This week is going to be hectic.

Letting Benni join WHU and not having a replacement lined up would be suicidal. Beattie is not a replacememt got Benni (unless Sam changes his formation). This year we have used Dunn and Benni in very similar roles, so if Beattie is bought in I can only assume that he will play where Kalanic has been playing (bad move as Niko is just starting to show what he is capable off). It could be that Niko is dropped into the role that Benni/Dunny have been playing, but think that he will be wasted there.

I fear for Niko, he is starting to show great promise and potential but that could be all undone if we make the wrong moves in the transfer window. He needs to be up front with a strike partner and we need more creativity in the side. If you set up chances for him he will score goals.

He is the future of this club and we need to build the side around him in order to get the very best out of him imo.

Letting the likes of Andrews and Roberts leave is only worthwhile if they are replaced. That's where the likes of Egurun and Gudjohnson could be bought in. If Lazio do indeed want Egurun, then I would see him joining them before us! Alan Smith is a decent player, but I would prefer the guy from Villareal. Gudjohnson sounds good on paper, but he's gone off the boil at Monaco and I don't know how good he would be for us. He would have to drop his wage demands and maybe Sam could get the best out of him after managing him at Bolton. As Nicko says, with Wigan looking to buy Marco Ruben, I don't see them splashing out on Roberts as well, which is a shame.

Kelbo, I think you'll find Todd got in trouble for an assault on his assistant manager or manager if i recall correctly. Wasnt that why he was shipped out of Bolton?

Yes it was Phil Brown just checked as I thought he also got in trouble at Charlton. He was also in an incident with Dean Kiely.

On this logic then if we shift out McCarthy/Pedersen and maybe even another we could be looking at players moving for a fee of up to about £10M?

I Cant see that being allowed. We would be 2 players short...maybe 2 £4m ish players if they were the right players.

Roberts and Benni out yet no incoming striker mentioned ?

I was thinking that as well, McCarthy and Roberts out, Beattie to Fulham?

We really need to be putting all our effort and support behind Kalinic and trying to find a partner that will bring the best out of him.

Its taken a few hours of reading but I have gone through most of this mornings sports news.

Johnson identified as the potential young player for future profit.

Moght be wrong, but I'm sure I recall Hughes having a £1.5 million bid rejected for him several seasons ago(couldn't get in the Boro side due to Downing). So technically identified by Hughes the scout several years befor his rise to prominence.

I'd welcome Alan Smith here. As shillito said, we've missed a decent ball-winner in midfield since the likes of Savage and Flitcroft. Smith's tenacity would certainly add that bite to our midfield. However, his injury record and wage demands could outweigh the benefits.

Joey Barton? NO THANKS. There's no doubt the guy's talented, but he's wasted so many second-chances and he would do nothing to improve the image of the club. I don't think he's even played since September last year, either.

I'd welcome Alan Smith here. As shillito said, we've missed a decent ball-winner in midfield since the likes of Savage and Flitcroft. Smith's tenacity would certainly add that bite to our midfield. However, his injury record and wage demands could outweigh the benefits.

Joey Barton? NO THANKS. There's no doubt the guy's talented, but he's wasted so many second-chances and he would do nothing to improve the image of the club. I don't think he's even played since September last year, either.

is joey barton out injured or are newcastle just not playing him cos hes a idoit

The latest as I know it...

BENNI - big problems with the fee and potential hold-ups with a work permit appeal...Hammers dropping hints they will go elsewhere...classic Sullivan-Gold tactic.

BEATTIE - Fulham seem to have an interest, but again that will come down to the fee...going to be some balancing act to get Benni out and Beattie in for the same price.

ROBERTS - Wigan are bringing in some Argie striker from Villarreal for a lot of money...so I don't see that one.

ANDREWS SMITH SWAP - Not sure I see how that one works for anyone.

GUDJOHNSEN - becoming a possible because nobody else wants him...wonder why?...big wages...but could come on loan.

EGUREN - bit of a blow if he goes to Lazio, a very decent player.

ADAM JOHNSON - was the player the Trustees would have forked out for, but he seems set to sign for Chelsea...young, talented players are hard to find.

MGP - talking to Fenerbahce last I heard.

FOREIGN TARGET - I think someone was watched for the left wing position at the weekend which would be needed if MGP goes and Junior doesn't sign that contract.

ALAN HAVE YOU FOUND OUT WERE BIG SAM WAS YESTERDAY WAS HE WATCHING SOMEONE HES AFTER , WHY DONT ROVERS BUY ADAM JOHNSON FOR 5 MILLON IF BACKERS ARE GOING TO FUND FOR YOUNG LAD WHO IS ENGLISH

ALAN HAVE YOU FOUND OUT WERE BIG SAM WAS YESTERDAY WAS HE WATCHING SOMEONE HES AFTER , WHY DONT ROVERS BUY ADAM JOHNSON FOR 5 MILLON IF BACKERS ARE GOING TO FUND FOR YOUNG LAD WHO IS ENGLISH

If an offer comes from Chelsea or Rovers which do you think a player would take? Pretty much every player in that situation would pick the Chelsea option.

If the words of that article are correct - it implies that Beattie would prefer fulham to Rovers, I would question if he really is a Rovers supporter.

1...:huh: If you were Beattie & had happeed to stumble across this messageboard, would you want to come to Rovers? I certainly wouldn`t!!

2...Hmmm? Now let me see :glare: the options are.....a posh pad in west London. Night clubs, restaurants,world premieres, one of the worlds most vibrant cities, celebs falling out of every club, totty-galore, something going on all the time & a wealthy healthy pay packet given to you every week by Mr Harrods even if you`re not playing.

or

Moving back to Blackburn, where the majority of supporters don`t rate you, think you`re past it, never thought you had it. The town centre is a dead-zone EVERY night of the week. One night club, a small group of 'hanging on wanna be WAG slappers' to chose from.....oh, & a Vue cinema :blink:

I`m not a Beattie fan, nor am i a Beattie hater......but you gotta take off the blue & white blinkers. If you had the choice of location, where would you choose? :huh:

1...:huh: If you were Beattie & had happeed to stumble across this messageboard, would you want to come to Rovers? I certainly wouldn`t!!

2...Hmmm? Now let me see :glare: the options are.....a posh pad in west London. Night clubs, restaurants,world premieres, one of the worlds most vibrant cities, celebs falling out of every club, totty-galore, something going on all the time & a wealthy healthy pay packet given to you every week by Mr Harrods even if you`re not playing.

or

Moving back to Blackburn, where the majority of supporters don`t rate you, think you`re past it, never thought you had it. The town centre is a dead-zone EVERY night of the week. One night club, a small group of 'hanging on wanna be WAG slappers' to chose from.....oh, & a Vue cinema :blink:

I`m not a Beattie fan, nor am i a Beattie hater......but you gotta take off the blue & white blinkers. If you had the choice of location, where would you choose? :huh:

when you put it like that i think i want a transfer to fulham..

or

Blackburn............... :blush:

Archived