BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best markets in the country?!?! You serious? Its an absolute shadow of what it once was, get to Bury to see a real market.

For anyone to say that Blackburn town centre is a pleasant shopping centre is strange to say the least, for a town of 100000 the facilities are appalling.

I take no pleasure on pointing this out, but to suggest otherwuse is barmy.

I did not say THE BEST, but one of the best. Yes I also know it is not the same as it used to be. All I have suggested that Blackburn is a lot better than the locals realise. I am not saying it is perfect - no town or area is. But in comparrison to some of the towns I have been to Blackburn is not as bad as some on here think it is. How often have we all said the grass is greener in another mans field - until we get there and learn that what we had was better. As bad as the town I live in now is, I learn to apprieciate what I have, because I know things could be worse.

One of the best markets in the country?!?! You serious? Its an absolute shadow of what it once was, get to Bury to see a real market.

For anyone to say that Blackburn town centre is a pleasant shopping centre is strange to say the least, for a town of 100000 the facilities are appalling.

I take no pleasure on pointing this out, but to suggest otherwuse is barmy.

Blackburn and its town centre HAS fallen behind the likes of local rivals such as Preston, Bolton, and Manchester. But with the new devolment of the Mall, an enlarged M&S, and a complete Church street. This should go some way to regaining some lost ground on these towns.

At the end of the day what those towns and cities dont have is... a COFFEE EXCHANGE now this is a quality establishment that walks all over your national franchise coffe chains. Pity we cant have everything in life but we must be grateful for what we've got.

Blackburn and its town centre HAS fallen behind the likes of local rivals such as Preston, Bolton, and Manchester. But with the new devolment of the Mall, an enlarged M&S, and a complete Church street. This should go some way to regaining some lost ground on these towns.

At the end of the day what those towns and cities dont have is... a COFFEE EXCHANGE now this is a quality establishment that walks all over your national franchise coffe chains. Pity we cant have everything in life but we must be grateful for what we've got.

ti personally think the developments don`t go far enough. they should do what other town centres have done in the past, knock the lot down and start from stratch. too much of the eyesores will remain in this `redevelopment`(the ugly old fashioned grey car park and 70`s style shopping arcade for example). to me all that`s being done is lipstick on a pig-like. the lay out is still exactly the same with lip gloss on.

I bet you all take Hollands Pies / puddings for granted. yet I love em and it is rare to get them down the south.

But as you say we have to be grateful for what we have as we cannot have everything in life.

You cant please everone in life nor can you make everyone like you.

There is nothing that can satisfy Jimbo's ego as he is the font of all knowledge !!!

All I said was that Barton COULD be a very good addition to our team. Some wont want him, others will whilst others will reserve judgement. I am certain that like Savage before him people would grow to love or still hate him. The same could easily be said of Dickov.

There are still Rovers fans who despise Shearer for leaving, Sutton, Sherwood and le Saux for leaving etc etc. Some will always hate The Walkers, Bill Fox, John Williams, Bobby Saxton.... you get the picture.

If Bartons cheap he'd be OK. Not the best but very much a player that would suit us at the moment. I do wonder if he can control his demons though..... cos they are many. (Maybe he should have the nickname Legion.)

But.... Rem it's not long ago that Lee Bowyer was being roundly villified by the press and media but he's one of the key reasons behind Brums emergence as a force in the Prem. Personally I'd have loved us to go for Bowyer when he left the Magpies but in reallity we had no chance competing with West Hams spendthrift days under the billy big time Icelanders. Similarly I wanted Souness to go for Sav when he left Leicester but we had to wait another 3 years to see him at Ewood.

The reallity of our finances is that any diamonds we turn up will have a flaw somewhere.

Watching Internazionale vs AC Milan now. What a class act Goran Pandev is. Internazionale leading 2-0 with 10 men. "The Special One" hasn't lost a home game since 2002.

Yeah I know. Thats a record youd be proud of. With that record you almost don't have to put quotation marks around the special one=)Plus he is a good laugh...

Yeah I know. Thats a record youd be proud of. With that record you almost don't have to put quotation marks around the special one=)Plus he is a good laugh...

He's the closest thing we have to Brian Clough in the modren era. Quite an inspiring man, I must say. And he never played pro-football!! Gives hope to all the young would-be managers out there who can't play.

ti personally think the developments don`t go far enough. they should do what other town centres have done in the past, knock the lot down and start from stratch. too much of the eyesores will remain in this `redevelopment`(the ugly old fashioned grey car park and 70`s style shopping arcade for example). to me all that`s being done is lipstick on a pig-like. the lay out is still exactly the same with lip gloss on.

Dont worry there are alot more develoments in the pipeline, like pulling down the markets, totally changing the boulevard area into the cathedral development area. Plus, if I get MY WAY the whole extension of Montague street upto the Wainwright bridge an improved into an open plan green area similar to green commons at Harrogate.

Which other towns in Lancashire boasts the largest premier league ground, a top quality ice arena, a family water fun pool to select a few attractions then theres the ten pin balling alley and your typical multi screen cinema complex.

But for me the biggest attraction and biggest improvement over the past few years is, the JJB fitness centres now called DW after Dave Whelan the owner.

Pafell has a valid point about Blackburn that I think we all take for granted.

I bet you all take Hollands Pies / puddings for granted. yet I love em and it is rare to get them down the south.

But as you say we have to be grateful for what we have as we cannot have everything in life.

The lads I work with call a steak pudding, 'a babys head'.

and primark !!!

the decline started when flames and deans cafe shut down.

It started when they knocked down the beautiful Victorian Arcade opposite the cathedral. That was a crime committed by a Town Council who didn't know what they had.

Nicko are we likely to have an 11oclocker tonight & can we all stop talking about Joey Barton coming here until there is an actual link to him coming here at the moment it is very hypothetical if he doesn't get linked he won't be coming here end off! Nicko any news on Gudjohnsen has he signed for WHU or is he still available?

And there are many people who also know that supporting our team (with him in it) doesn;t mean supporting HIM. I agree he has done gravely wrong and stupid things to say the least, but his footballing ability would not go amiss in our midfield.

He who sups with the devil best use a long spoon. Or something like that.

Diouf and Barton in the same team?

Jesus, no, please.

I shudder think of the chaos our locker room would descend into.

Nicko any idea who this is talking about? Benni McCarthy maybe?

"Which international striker has been fined two weeks’ wages for misconduct?

Apparently he sent an abusive text to his chairman demanding the club stop stalling on his transfer and let him go.

Or words to that effect.

The chairman wasn’t impressed and his manager authorised the fine."

Nicko any idea who this is talking about? Benni McCarthy maybe?

"Which international striker has been fined two weeks’ wages for misconduct?

Apparently he sent an abusive text to his chairman demanding the club stop stalling on his transfer and let him go.

Or words to that effect.

The chairman wasn’t impressed and his manager authorised the fine."

Where is that from? I dont want to believe that it is McCarthy, I hoped he was better then that. Could also be Pavlychenko at Spurs or Robinho at City.

Archived