BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1...:huh: If you were Beattie & had happeed to stumble across this messageboard, would you want to come to Rovers? I certainly wouldn`t!!

2...Hmmm? Now let me see :glare: the options are.....a posh pad in west London. Night clubs, restaurants,world premieres, one of the worlds most vibrant cities, celebs falling out of every club, totty-galore, something going on all the time & a wealthy healthy pay packet given to you every week by Mr Harrods even if you`re not playing.

or

Moving back to Blackburn, where the majority of supporters don`t rate you, think you`re past it, never thought you had it. The town centre is a dead-zone EVERY night of the week. One night club, a small group of 'hanging on wanna be WAG slappers' to chose from.....oh, & a Vue cinema :blink:

I`m not a Beattie fan, nor am i a Beattie hater......but you gotta take off the blue & white blinkers. If you had the choice of location, where would you choose? :huh:

i do not live in Blackburn or the surrounding area -though used too many years ago. But my wife and I try to come to Blackburn when we can. We consider that Blackburn has more going for it than a lot of places. I live by the sea and the amount of times I have been told how lucky I am to live by the sea. But what people do not realise is that you eventually take it for granted. If people in Blackburn (not saying they do not) went to other places, they would realise that Blackburn has more going for it than a lot of towns. I do agree though it needs massive investment - but that is where the local council and MP are failing the area - which is sad.

Yes reading this message board I agree Beattie would not want to come to somewhere he is not wanted by many.

i do not live in Blackburn or the surrounding area -though used too many years ago. But my wife and I try to come to Blackburn when we can. We consider that Blackburn has more going for it than a lot of places. I live by the sea and the amount of times I have been told how lucky I am to live by the sea. But what people do not realise is that you eventually take it for granted. If people in Blackburn (not saying they do not) went to other places, they would realise that Blackburn has more going for it than a lot of towns. I do agree though it needs massive investment - but that is where the local council and MP are failing the area - which is sad.

Yes reading this message board I agree Beattie would not want to come to somewhere he is not wanted by many.

I have seen a lot of the UK's towns and cities and I can safely say apart from my beloved Rovers, Blackburn has exactly NOWT going for it.

No nightlife, a shoddy town centre with no decent shops, less restaurants and bars than ANY similar sized (or smaller) town in the country, a tiny industry base, racially divided, grotty, no university, a continuing brain drain, I could go on and on.

It is not because I take Blackburn' for granted', just 10 years ago Blackburn was doing ok, but the last decade has seen a rapid decline.

I have seen a lot of the UK's towns and cities and I can safely say apart from my beloved Rovers, Blackburn has exactly NOWT going for it.

No nightlife, a shoddy town centre with no decent shops, less restaurants and bars than ANY similar sized (or smaller) town in the country, a tiny industry base, racially divided, grotty, no university, a continuing brain drain, I could go on and on.

It is not because I take Blackburn' for granted', just 10 years ago Blackburn was doing ok, but the last decade has seen a rapid decline.

Correct, can't see how anyone could see it otherwise. To be fair though, outside of Blackburn there are plenty of nice areas and even better restaurants.

The players only step foot into Blackburn on match days though so it's not much of an issue...

1...:huh: If you were Beattie & had happeed to stumble across this messageboard, would you want to come to Rovers? I certainly wouldn`t!!

2...Hmmm? Now let me see :glare: the options are.....a posh pad in west London. Night clubs, restaurants,world premieres, one of the worlds most vibrant cities, celebs falling out of every club, totty-galore, something going on all the time & a wealthy healthy pay packet given to you every week by Mr Harrods even if you`re not playing.

or

Moving back to Blackburn, where the majority of supporters don`t rate you, think you`re past it, never thought you had it. The town centre is a dead-zone EVERY night of the week. One night club, a small group of 'hanging on wanna be WAG slappers' to chose from.....oh, & a Vue cinema :blink:

I`m not a Beattie fan, nor am i a Beattie hater......but you gotta take off the blue & white blinkers. If you had the choice of location, where would you choose? :huh:

Id live in Manchester and commute, like any sane person would :blink: .

I think Philipl posted this (or something similar) recently. The enlightened Joey Barton

If it came down to football only, it'd be Barton over Smith over Andrews - without question. Barton could have been the next Roy Keane in a different life.

The big HOWEVER is that if Barton didn't have baggage he'd be at Liverpool or United by now - and a potential move to Blackburn would be as unlikely as us bringing in Gerrard.

One thing's for sure, Barton wouldn't put up with the carp we've been watching for half the season. But would he channel his frustration positively?

A swap for Andrews might make it worth the risk, but it would be a risk. (We'd probably have to get shut of Diouf or a couple of his motors though as well!)

I think I have been one of the most outspoken critics of Joey Barton in the recent past. However now I have read that article,I have to say that assuming he did actually say all those things to the journalist then for that reason alone he MUST be a changed man, because the Joey Barton we all knew and hated previously would quite simply be completely incapable of saying any of those things , let alone mean them.

So further assuming he actually did mean them, then it shows that someone really has got through to him and enabled him to take a genuinely long and critical look at himself and realise for the first time how the rest of the world sees him, and also what a fool he has been to himself. He has almost completely ruined his own career as a footballer (and a very good one at that) and thrown away many different opportunities to have a really top career with top clubs, and probably with England too. And if Tony Adams has managed to re-habilitate Barton to this extent, then I un-reservedley withdraw all my objections to having him as Rovers player,and I hope we can come to some agreement over his transfer to Ewood.

I think I have been one of the most outspoken critics of Joey Barton in the recent past. However now I have read that article,I have to say that assuming he did actually say all those things to the journalist then for that reason alone he MUST be a changed man, because the Joey Barton we all knew and hated previously would quite simply be completely incapable of saying any of those things , let alone mean them.

So further assuming he actually did mean them, then it shows that someone really has got through to him and enabled him to take a genuinely long and critical look at himself and realise for the first time how the rest of the world sees him, and also what a fool he has been to himself. He has almost completely ruined his own career as a footballer (and a very good one at that) and thrown away many different opportunities to have a really top career with top clubs, and probably with England too. And if Tony Adams has managed to re-habilitate Barton to this extent, then I un-reservedley withdraw all my objections to having him as Rovers player,and I hope we can come to some agreement over his transfer to Ewood.

Despite my earlier comments, I do agree with this post!!

Except, would I trust Tony Adams to manage anything :lol:

Isn't it profoundly hypocritical for Joey Barton to be comdemning the modern day footballer?

Not really. He's in a position to judge as being 'one of them' and his judgement is probably more valid than most as he does get to meet other footballers constantly.

Not really. He's in a position to judge as being 'one of them' and his judgement is probably more valid than most as he does get to meet other footballers constantly.

What right does he have to judge any footballer after the stunts he's pulled?

What right does he have to judge any footballer after the stunts he's pulled?

About as much as any other footballer to be honest. Yes, he's done a lot to be ashamed about but he's still a footballer. The fact he can talk about it means he can see what a different life footballers have which gives him some more perspective than most other footballers. He's entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to express it.

It would definitely be hypocritical if he was still doing it.

Or if he said: "X,Y and Z footballers are out of order, they're always misbehaving, unlike me."

But to my knowledge, he's not saying that. Although I can't imagine a footballer out there who's been worse than Joey Barton.

About as much as any other footballer to be honest. Yes, he's done a lot to be ashamed about but he's still a footballer. The fact he can talk about it means he can see what a different life footballers have which gives him some more perspective than most other footballers. He's entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to express it.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If he had any integrity, he'd keep his gob closed and work squarely on rebuilding his career. Perhaps when he finally puts it all behind him, he'll be in a position to judge.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If he had any integrity, he'd keep his gob closed and work squarely on rebuilding his career. Perhaps when he finally puts it all behind him, he'll be in a position to judge.

Maybe he feels he has got to that point at the time of the interview. Who of us on this board knows the man well enough to contradict what he is saying.

I for one cant remember a negative story coming out of Newcastle since the massivly overhyped "bust up" with Shearer(where Barton didnt say anything that wasnt proved true).

or

1 is a fair point, and I hope he has been having a good, long read, and stays away. I'm not exactly venemously against it, I just don't see the point and would sooner take another punt on a youngster.

2 is a pointless comparison. I doubt any of our well-paid players live in Blackburn. It is well established that our players live in Manchester and drive over. Most live near the United players last I heard. Not a lot of swanky mansions in Blackburn anyway!

As for Barton, people need to get a clue. It reminds me of South Park the Movie, where Saddam Hussein is singing to Satan that he can change. If you believe everything somebody says, especially about themselves, then frankly- you're an idiot. For that, at least. A billion examples could probably be found of people telling some major porky pies to make themselves look good without scratching the surface.

For goodness sake, this thread and the transfer thread should be closed. Im starting to pull my hair out, reading all this rubbish. Problem is, these threads keep calling my name to have a look and read. I need medical help. ;):lol:

I think it may have been Modes that said Barton would be better than Smith and I agreed.

As do I. But if anything happens, it will most likely be Smith who comes. That's even if the article is true. For what it's worth though, I would take Barton any day. As has been pointed out, he appears to have changed and kept out of the spotlight for some reasonable time now. A good footballer to boot.

Archived