Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The mirror website needs a spellcheck:

Morten Gamst Pedersen is in talks with Turkish side Fenerbahce and young Junior Hoilett is refusing to sign a new contract, so he could be shoprt in that area.

And clayton street is awesome but only if you eat in

Senijad Ibricic wouldn't be a bad choice. And if he and Kalinic have played together before, Ibricic's integration with the Rovers should be accelerated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senijad_Ibricic

Would be happy with this signing. Looks like a talented player the few times i have seen him play. Like smoss said having played with Kalinic before could help integrate him into the team faster.

The clayton street chippy discussion is proving to be more interseting than this january window :rolleyes:

Ps. There fish are too small, try Bizzy Lizzies in Skipton they are huge and tasty to boot. :wub:

Yes, and Bannys at Colne are good too, as are Kelbrook fisheries in Kelbrook, Earby!!

Problem? It says he signed a new four year deal a week or two back:

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Sports/2010-01-12/8236/Ibricic%B4s_contract_with_Hajduk_has_been_extended

The new, four-year contract contains much-better terms for the young Bosnia-Herzegovina national team player.

Hajduk Split football club head Josko Svagusa said: "Ibricic has accepted out terms and signed a contract valid until 2014. He will be on sale only if a six million Euro or higher offer occurs. There have been no official offers for him."

Would be surprised if we could afford that...

Hang on a minute - What about Olsson? Looked electric on the left wing last couple of matches. Surely worth persevering with him and Hoilett till Summer at least. Let Pedersen go. Centre mid or even right wing is more of a priority in my opinion.

Not going to send out a great message to those 2 if we buy this other chap.

Diouf and Barton in the same team?

Jesus, no, please.

It's a horrifying thought and I'd feel sickened by it. Barton is a loathsome creature.

Hajduk Split winger Senijad Ibricic is 24 years old and has 22 caps and 3 goals for the Bosnian national team. One of those goals came in Bosnia's impressive 7-0 win over Estonia in their 2010 World Cup qualification group. Bosnia finished 2nd in their group, behind Spain, but ahead of Turkey who finished 3rd in the group.

Bosnia lost 2-5 at home to Spain in their group and in the play-offs for qualification Bosnia were beaten 2-0 on aggregate by Portugal.

You always take a bit of a gamble signing foreign players, not entirely knowing whether they will adapt to the physical demands of the Premier League, but something has to be done about replacing Pedersen. Apart from a few sporadic matches when he has done well, MGP has flattered to deceive and has generally been in woeful form for about three seasons. Pedersen won't be a big loss to us in my view.

Rovers are in desperate need for some further midfield quality and creativity, but we haven't got many pennies to spend.

I can safely say apart from my beloved Rovers, Blackburn has exactly NOWT going for it.

No nightlife, a shoddy town centre with no decent shops, less restaurants and bars than ANY similar sized (or smaller) town in the country, a tiny industry base, racially divided, grotty, no university, a continuing brain drain, I could go on and on.

It is not because I take Blackburn' for granted', just 10 years ago Blackburn was doing ok, but the last decade has seen a rapid decline.

Agreed. There has indeed been a decline, which is terribly sad. However, Blackburn is not alone in this respect. Throughout Britain there are sadly lots of others towns and cities which seem to be overridden by chavs and teenage single mothers effing and blinding as they wheel their kids around in pushchairs.

There are many factors involved, but essentially the liberal society of recent decades has been a failure - the benefits culture, the lack of social responsibility, the lack of proper loving parental discipline, the drugs culture and the failure of Britain's soft criminal justice system.

There's an increasingly unpleasant selfishness and a "Me, Me, Me" attitude with a lack of consideration and respect for the rest of society. They will trample over whoever they like to get what they want. The attitude is to go out, get drunk on a few cans of cider, possibly take some drugs, have sex with a girl and to hell with the social consequences of having a baby. Irresponsible bad parents without proper parental skills leads to a further decline and the cycle of despair gets worse. A selfish society leads to a bad society.

Blackburn also of course isn't alone in being a town bitterly divided by the flawed misguided policy of multi-culturalism which has led to an alien culture on our streets. It's not just the beards, sandals and baggy trousers - there's no bigger visible symbol of the huge divide in society than the hideous burka, where women are covered from head to toe in black cloaks. It's a clear mark of separatism and division and it's a disgusting symbol of oppression against women which symbolises the bitter divide in our community.

Hang on a minute - What about Olsson? Looked electric on the left wing last couple of matches. Surely worth persevering with him and Hoilett till Summer at least. Let Pedersen go. Centre mid or even right wing is more of a priority in my opinion.

Not going to send out a great message to those 2 if we buy this other chap.

You make a good point. I've only see Ibricic play a few times, for those have seen him play quite a bit, does he always play on the left wing? His wiki entry (not the best source) says he also can play as a second striker.

Trying to found out on the net what position he often plays, suprisingly Google came up with a link to the official rovers message board and there was a comment by Lee last time we were linked to Ibricic:

http://boards.rovers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=610229&sid=1010b5283fd90f47bf9a4ed1896a4899

"For what it is worth, I saw the lad play against us pre-season. He certainly didn't play left wing. If I was to describe his position it would be the one David Dunn has played."

If he can play as an AMC (looking at his stats he does score goals and going off what i've seen he is a creative player) then it could be a good purchase.

http://boards.rovers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=610229&sid=1010b5283fd90f47bf9a4ed1896a4899

"For what it is worth, I saw the lad play against us pre-season. He certainly didn't play left wing. If I was to describe his position it would be the one David Dunn has played."

If that's true then perhaps more of the creative mid/second striker role would see him as a replacement for Benni...

You make a good point. I've only see Ibricic play a few times, for those have seen him play quite a bit, does he always play on the left wing? His wiki entry (not the best source) says he also can play as a second striker.

Trying to found out on the net what position he often plays, suprisingly Google came up with a link to the official rovers message board and there was a comment by Lee last time we were linked to Ibricic:

If he can play as an AMC (looking at his stats he does score goals and going off what i've seen he is a creative player) then it could be a good purchase.

I was delighted when I heard that we interested in Senijad Ibričić a few months a go and was disappointed when our interest cooled. I've seen him play a few times and like most Bosnian and Eastern European players he's technically very good. He has a good bit of pace and can go past a man. He's not a natural left winger in that he is right footed and cuts in from the left to join in the play. I think this is how Hadjuk Split deploy him. However when I've seen him play for Bosnia, he's been used more as a right wing back, with Hoffenheim's Sejad Salihović (another guy I would love us to buy, along with his club and international team mate, striker Vedad Ibišević) on the left. He's got a great engine and can get up and down the line. I wouldn't be too worried about him stunting Olsson's development, as I could see Sam using Ibričić on the right side and Olsson on the left. As others have pointed to, having Kalinic in the team already would help the guy settle in and I think he could be a good bit of business. More importantly, his name would be a great one to get on the back of your shirt, especially with all the accents in it! :lol:

I was delighted when I heard that we interested in Senijad Ibričić a few months a go and was disappointed when our interest cooled. I've seen him play a few times and like most Bosnian and Eastern European players he's technically very good. He has a good bit of pace and can go past a man. He's not a natural left winger in that he is right footed and cuts in from the left to join in the play. I think this is how Hadjuk Split deploy him. However when I've seen him play for Bosnia, he's been used more as a right wing back, with Hoffenheim's Sejad Salihović (another guy I would love us to buy, along with his club and international team mate, striker Vedad Ibišević) on the left. He's got a great engine and can get up and down the line. I wouldn't be too worried about him stunting Olsson's development, as I could see Sam using Ibričić on the right side and Olsson on the left. As others have pointed to, having Kalinic in the team already would help the guy settle in and I think he could be a good bit of business. More importantly, his name would be a great one to get on the back of your shirt, especially with all the accents in it! :lol:

Many videos here of Hadjuk and he plays as you say more on the right for them. For those who do not know him he is No. 10. I would certainly say he can play in the AMF role.

First video great free kick, IMO 3m would get him, Hajduk are not in the best of financial positions allegedly.

Born 26/09/85, he has a 1 in 2 goal ratio this season in all competitions.

Played 21 scored 11.

Link

What the hell happened with that penalty at the end? He headed in the rebound when it came off the bar, and it looked like the other team got a free kick or something?! Was he supposed to be offside from his own penalty or something? Never seen anything like that before!

Anyway he looks a real player, as I and others have remarked before...hope we can arrange something at a fair price.

What the hell happened with that penalty at the end? He headed in the rebound when it came off the bar, and it looked like the other team got a free kick or something?! Was he supposed to be offside from his own penalty or something? Never seen anything like that before!

Anyway he looks a real player, as I and others have remarked before...hope we can arrange something at a fair price.

You cannot be offside if you are behind the ball.

The referee got this one right because the penalty taker played the ball twice without anyone else touching it. Restart with an indirect free kick to the defending side.

If the keeper had tipped it onto the bar and the penalty taker had then headed it into the goal then the goal would have stood.

You cannot be offside if you are behind the ball.

The referee got this one right because the penalty taker played the ball twice without anyone else touching it. Restart with an indirect free kick to the defending side.

If the keeper had tipped it onto the bar and the penalty taker had then headed it into the goal then the goal would have stood.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's the dumbest, most pointless thing I've heard in a long time.

It's like taking a free kick to yourself. It's not allowed.

But it ISNT like that, really, is it? He didn't kick it forward to take an extra touch, he struck a shot, it rebounded off the goal frame. It's very different. I don't care what kind of technicality crops up as a result, it's retarded.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's the dumbest, most pointless thing I've heard in a long time.

But that is quite correct, from a penalty another player has to touch the ball before the penalty taker can touch the ball, other wise, he could roll it slightly forward, the keeper commits and he could bang it into the opposite corner!!

Archived