BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did and he also showed he could not control him then that maybe the reason he hasnt gone for him again, I just find it a shame that when a player has natural ability like Barton has and chooses to waste his life away.

I have to admit that I wasnt as forthcoming with the signing of diouf though now this guy will never learn and isnt offering us much either.

Might sound like a stupid question, but has Barton been in any trouble recently? Considering his past if he did anything whatsoever it would be all over the press, seems like years since he has done anything dodgy. Pretty sure he did an interview not that long ago on the BBC sports site saying he has turned his life around and has matured.

If he has matured then he would be a cracking signing, though wages are an obvious obstacle.

Might sound like a stupid question, but has Barton been in any trouble recently? Considering his past if he did anything whatsoever it would be all over the press, seems like years since he has done anything dodgy. Pretty sure he did an interview not that long ago on the BBC sports site saying he has turned his life around and has matured.

If he has matured then he would be a cracking signing, though wages are an obvious obstacle.

Well the last thing I heard of him was before Newcastle were relegated he was sent off for the foul on the Liverpool player and after the match Shearer told him it was a stupid thing to do "Barton replied he was a sh1t manager with sh1t tactics" that was his last monent of madness in the public eye not sure of what has happened since then.

His wages would be the same problem as Alan Smiths but Ashley is looking to trim the wage bill and wants rid of the big earners, no prospective buyer is going to pay the 40-60 grand a week they are on so they either move and take a pay cut or feel the wrath of 40,000 geordie's.

Ok so lets get this one right....

Roberts out (save approx 30k a week on wages) + £1-£2m fee

Beattie not coming.....old & expensive, so im happy

Gudjohsen not coming....old & expensive, again happy

Get rid of Andrews (save approx £20k a week) and it looks like Benni is off for £2.5m with BIG wages saved!

Benni terms agreed

I like how we are getting rid of some of the crap.......now we need to find younger, better and cheaper (Wage wise) replacements

Fantastic!! Woo!

Crap. Damn.

Its a Rovers' life. :brfc:

I agree with this, as much as Joey Barton is a hated figure amongst most fans and other players the lad has ability and with him comes a fire that you need to control and use, Joey is the kind of player that could excel or just fade away in the lower leagues, what he needs is a man manager and a bit of direction on his life.

Barton is a bad news. We need to stay away from.

Glad somebody wants Keith Andrews. Cannot see Smith coming because of the wages and he has been pretty rubbish since turning 22.

We will pay big time for Benni moving to West Ham- but we always lose at West Ham anyway. He will be so motivated to put one over on Sam it won't even be funny.

But the prospect of JR and KA shipping out has cheered me up.

Well the last thing I heard of him was before Newcastle were relegated he was sent off for the foul on the Liverpool player and after the match Shearer told him it was a stupid thing to do "Barton replied he was a sh1t manager with sh1t tactics" that was his last monent of madness in the public eye not sure of what has happened since then.

I think Philipl posted this (or something similar) recently. The enlightened Joey Barton

If it came down to football only, it'd be Barton over Smith over Andrews - without question. Barton could have been the next Roy Keane in a different life.

The big HOWEVER is that if Barton didn't have baggage he'd be at Liverpool or United by now - and a potential move to Blackburn would be as unlikely as us bringing in Gerrard.

One thing's for sure, Barton wouldn't put up with the carp we've been watching for half the season. But would he channel his frustration positively?

A swap for Andrews might make it worth the risk, but it would be a risk. (We'd probably have to get shut of Diouf or a couple of his motors though as well!)

Heres a hypothetical question, answers from all of you who have children!!

If you had a talented lad at football and he has a choice of three clubs to join, would you favour Rovers with Joey Barton in the squad??

As a parent, and given Bartons past record, I wouldnt let my lads within a mile of him, good player, yes, as a person? the Pits!

I can't believe we are even thinking about Barton the guy's a massive liability and I doubt he will ever change. I believe we are talking about swapping Andrews for Smith that's insane yes he's a workhorse in front of the defence but I thought we need someone creative who can get forward and support our forwards. I can't believe no-one has mentioned Ryan Taylor of the barcodes much better swap would support our forwards better. Nicko can you confirm have the talks between Benni & WHU been agreed or not as 2 papers are saying 2 things also if we are going to lose Benni/Roberts I know it will generate some bad blood but what the hell why don't we try & hijack Gudjohnsen's move to WHU would sell more shirts for sure and would be good for Kalinic's development.

Heres a hypothetical question, answers from all of you who have children!!

If you had a talented lad at football and he has a choice of three clubs to join, would you favour Rovers with Joey Barton in the squad??

As a parent, and given Bartons past record, I wouldnt let my lads within a mile of him, good player, yes, as a person? the Pits!

Its a good question Kelbo. I'd certainly think twice about sending my lad to a club with Barton on the books.

However, its horses for courses. In my playing days i played for an ex military, little scouse Hitler of a man. He was really old school and his son often paid the price for it. But he turned out to be head and shoulders over everyone else in the side. I've no doubts his father would have seen sent him to a club with Barton (or the likes) there. He would have seen it as an experience to toughen him up etc... I think its impossible to say whether having Barton would be detrimental to securing younger talent. Some people would embrace it and some would avoid.

For me, its the same situation as in the summer. His quality as a footballer would be invaluable to us. I've said it before, but the names we were linked with in the summer and who got dismissed by all too many on here, would walk into our side at the moment. Barton, with all his problems would be a superb addition to the side and the pick of the bunch for me.

Neither Todd, Sav or any other players have stubbed a cigar out in a young players eye, beaten a collegue, Assaulted badly a lad on a night out!!

Those are my points, it would set the academy back years!!

Yeah... like it's been pumping masses of talent into the first team ranks anyway....

This transfer window is just such a yawn... I refuse to get interested (let alone excited) until there's a press conference, at Ewood, with a real player putting a real signature on a real contract. Then and only then will I bekieve anyone is coming in.. :rover:

As for deadwood shipping out, you've got to ask yourself, what incentive is there for some of these people to change their very cushy numbers?

= That's right! Little, or none. Sad but true. :angry2:

Yeah... like it's been pumping masses of talent into the first team ranks anyway....

And they are not likely to in the future either, but dont forget Jones and Hoilett who have broken through this year, a 16 year old lad doing well in the reserves and Banton looking as though he could be one for the future !

The academy with the new regulations simply has to play a much bigger part than before!!

The latest as I know it...

BENNI - big problems with the fee and potential hold-ups with a work permit appeal...Hammers dropping hints they will go elsewhere...classic Sullivan-Gold tactic.

BEATTIE - Fulham seem to have an interest, but again that will come down to the fee...going to be some balancing act to get Benni out and Beattie in for the same price.

ROBERTS - Wigan are bringing in some Argie striker from Villarreal for a lot of money...so I don't see that one.

ANDREWS SMITH SWAP - Not sure I see how that one works for anyone.

GUDJOHNSEN - becoming a possible because nobody else wants him...wonder why?...big wages...but could come on loan.

EGUREN - bit of a blow if he goes to Lazio, a very decent player.

ADAM JOHNSON - was the player the Trustees would have forked out for, but he seems set to sign for Chelsea...young, talented players are hard to find.

MGP - talking to Fenerbahce last I heard.

FOREIGN TARGET - I think someone was watched for the left wing position at the weekend which would be needed if MGP goes and Junior doesn't sign that contract.

Its taken a few hours of reading but I have gone through most of this mornings sports news.

The tale of Andrews/Smith swapping clubs makes me smile.

Roberts and Benni out yet no incoming striker mentioned ?

MGP still talking to Turk club Fenerbhace yest no replacement mentioned.

Johnson identified as the potential young player for future profit.

Rovers quoted £1.5m for Papa bapa Dioup at Pompy ? Dont think any wardrobe is worth that much !

The negative vibes about Barton are simply fans reacting to the media hype about him. Barton is a class player who COULD easily fit into Blackburn Rovers. If he is available then I would take him over any of the midfielders mentioned in todays press.

One thing that doesnt get a mention on here is young Wilshire at Arsenal. Following Coyles outburst at Arsenal's tactics he isnt going to them now so could Rovers now be an option for a loan ?

Interesting build up to the last week of the transfer market !

Archived