BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

Any idea on what sort of fee we would want for Pedersen if he was to move now? I guess with 6 months on his contract we couldn't command much of a fee, but if it's pittance were going to get then we may be best off keeping him until the summer, at least he's looked better in the last couple of games, although perhaps that extra effort was in order to earn himself a move?

Wonder what Coyley thinks of Davies? Could that rumour start again as you say other names are being suggested to Beattie?

Beattie or Davies? Hmmmmmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.

Morten Gamst Pedersen is talking to Fenerbahce. He could sign a pre-contract and join them for free in the summer - or move sooner for a small fee. Will he fancy Turkey? Good question.

Benni is lining up his West Ham escape. He is out of the country today for some reason. Bizarrely it could be a lengthy LOAN deal because he may struggle to get a new work permit, so at the moment he may have to transfer his Rovers permit to the Hammers. No, I have no idea how that works either. There would be a loan fee of £1.5 million or more, so it is a full transfer by another name.

Incoming? Beattie still appears to be favourite although other names are being put forward.

Incidentally there WAS money made available for a young player after the manager's request following last week's week of 'self discovery.' But it won't happen, so I won't go into detail.

All I would glean from that is that the Trustees will find dough for the right player.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh...and the manager is out of the country too.

Why are the rest of us here?

Can you shed any light on this? Surley the manager would not turn down money to sign a good player or even a good prospect. Has the money been retracted? If so why? Does this indicate that Sam's position as manager is still not assured? Or is the boss looking to save that money as he doesnt think market condiditions in the window offer the best value?

Guest andrewpickup

I think that the whole beattie thing will pass, a touch of fan power may filter through. I personally can't decide on him.

I think to get in fiddly deals with a striker worth 2 or 3 m with another prem club would be madness.

Phillipe le clere the french rock star journo was on the radio the other night going on about how promising stanislas oliviera was and mentioned we were keen. Where are we on that ?

Pure non racist question, why does a footballer have to obtain a work permit, yet all these immigrants from non EU countries arrive here and it doesnt seem to matter??

As I understand immigration laws - if you're coming here to work from a non-EU country, you need a work permit for any job. The process generally involves proving that you can do something that current British residents cannot. People coming in for other reasons either apply for political asylum, because their life is in danger in their own country, or come here through marriage to a British passport holder.

I imagine some unscrupulous people come here on a working or student visa and simply disappear off the government's radar - I don't think that works for professional sportsmen.

Guest andrewpickup

They need work permits to work legally as well.

I don't know what the rules are but he has had a contract with a uk employer for 3 ish years now

Guest andrewpickup

I think we was all expecting news on Basturk or Eguren.

im sure im not the only one who feels depressed :(

I'd forgotten about the former and never heard of the latter so wasn't to worried. Prob has to wait till we get our turkey money anyway

Benni is in Spain. The reasons for that were personal.

No more detailed word on Eguren yet. Must say that Basturk seems a strange one to me.

The player that the club was ready to find money for was a special case...I think there is money there if the target is regarded as an investment. The manager was being backed in that quest.

You got a name for the 'special case' Nicko? Also any ideas how much their willing to invest? I’m led to believe the owners of our club could quite easily back us with the millions they earn.. as their 'pocket money' from current investments and the interest on jack's fortunes. However the combination of Jack wanting to club to one day hold its own, the trusties wanting to sell and their general.. lesser enthusiasm means funds are withheld? Apologises if this is way off the mark.

i have no idea what the full story is, but i am getting seriously depressed because once again, we had something very promising, that appears to have gone south...oh well. surely the trustees have not got to where they are (financially) with their walker empire, by not spending moeny to make something more attractive for potential buyers.

any man and his dog can see that it makes sense to spend a lot of money to make something a more attractive proposition.

Pure non racist question, why does a footballer have to obtain a work permit, yet all these immigrants from non EU countries arrive here and it doesnt seem to matter??

I thought they also have to have work permits/visas otherwise they'll be working in the country illegally.

No more detailed word on Eguren yet. Must say that Basturk seems a strange one to me.

The player that the club was ready to find money for was a special case...I think there is money there if the target is regarded as an investment. The manager was being backed in that quest.

Strange that one as a poster on another board said, allegedly, "McCarthy was on a flight to France this morning and is meeting representatives from Monaco "

Are they not a striker down, with Nimani joining Burnley, i presume there would be no work permit issue if this is the case.

if the trust are willing to put up cash they feel is an `investment` i.e. a young player with good sell on potential, doesn`t that mean they are the ones that hope to profit from any high sell on fee? that suggests to me they`ve profited before possibly. have we has the wool pulled over our eyes in the past here?

victor moses?... oh dear , is this ganna be another MR Y?

if the trust are willing to put up cash they feel is an `investment` i.e. a young player with good sell on potential, doesn`t that mean they are the ones that hope to profit from any high sell on fee? that suggests to me they`ve profited before possibly. have we has the wool pulled over our eyes in the past here?

What do you run a business for Saxo ?

Nicko, you said last night the manager was abroad no one knew where do I take it that he was in Monaco trying to tie a deal up for Gudjohnsen? I hope so as this guy would push up shirt sales and make us a good proposition all round for investment and a much better club on the pitch also think Kalinic could improve no end and learn a lot from his experience as a side note any idea how much Gudjohnsen is on at Monaco? Salgado has he been brought in as a possible coach for younger players in the future as in one recent game I saw him chatting to McCarthy about tacticson the field and just wondered

thanks

Nicko, you said last night the manager was abroad no one knew where do I take it that he was in Monaco trying to tie a deal up for Gudjohnsen?

thanks

I am still trying to find out where he went or where he is.

I can't see Gudjohnsen, big wages and lack of sharpness these days.

Benni will go to West Ham if they up the bid a bit and he sorts out this work permit issue which is even messier than first imagined.

Archived