BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

For goodness sake, this thread and the transfer thread should be closed. Im starting to pull my hair out, reading all this rubbish. Problem is, these threads keep calling my name to have a look and read. I need medical help. ;):lol:

I feel exactly the same. I know nothing will have actually happened between my visits to this topic but I still find myself looking, just in case

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The negative vibes about Barton are simply fans reacting to the media hype about him. Barton is a class player who COULD easily fit into Blackburn Rovers. If he is available then I would take him over any of the midfielders mentioned in todays press.

What the hell, media hype? HE STUBBED A CIGAR OUT ON A TEAMMATE'S EYE!!! FACT! Everybody knows what he has done! In fact I think the media makes a surprisingly small deal out of what a scumbag thug he is. As somebody who has studied, and is highly critical of, the media- I can assure you I have not been swayed by any media hype. People seem to be swayed by the hype he has thrown into the media himself though.

I wish some of you would at least ADMIT that you are putting your desire for a good player to come to Blackburn above any scruples or principles you may have.

1...:huh: If you were Beattie & had happeed to stumble across this messageboard, would you want to come to Rovers? I certainly wouldn`t!!

2...Hmmm? Now let me see :glare: the options are.....a posh pad in west London. Night clubs, restaurants,world premieres, one of the worlds most vibrant cities, celebs falling out of every club, totty-galore, something going on all the time & a wealthy healthy pay packet given to you every week by Mr Harrods even if you`re not playing.

or

Moving back to Blackburn, where the majority of supporters don`t rate you, think you`re past it, never thought you had it. The town centre is a dead-zone EVERY night of the week. One night club, a small group of 'hanging on wanna be WAG slappers' to chose from.....oh, & a Vue cinema :blink:

I`m not a Beattie fan, nor am i a Beattie hater......but you gotta take off the blue & white blinkers. If you had the choice of location, where would you choose? :huh:

If i was Beattie and i stumbled across this board, then i seriously have too much time on my hands. In fact, there could be loads of Fulham fans who dont want him. If he keeps on stumbling on message boards, then he might decide to retire, based on the fact that the fans dont want him. If location is of such high importance to a footballer, then that to me is a problem. I can live with restaurants, but a professional footballer should be nowhere near a night club. Those are places, where reputations are destroyed in an instance. If i was Beattie, i would choose

Blackburn and concentrate on my football and not the party life, celebs falling out of clubs, booze etc. So if you want to advise players what to do, give them proper advice, because at the end of the day they there to play football and not (Please don't use that word again) around with Paris Hilton.

Blue Bruce, I nevere said anything about accepting his previous behaviour did I?

The story you refer to hasnt been correctly reported. If you iknow the FULL story you will realise that the young player in question was the subject of a £5000 bet which included the use of a cigarette. The incident went wrong and got out of hand and before you know it Bartn is guilty of internal misconduct and assaulting a fellow player, the money/bet never got mentioned, now I wonder why that was ?

I dont agree with his racist assault on an innocent bystander, I wholeheartedly abhor his excuses for being drunk and lashing out. I despise the fact that he seemed to stand up for his murdering cousin.

However, you cannot argue that he has the footballing talent to enhance this Blackburn team. Of that there is no doubt.

Principles sometimes need to be addressed and offenders sometimes need second or even third chances. Barton is a player that has gone on record admitting his mistakes, has sought treatment and has said it how it is. He now deserves a third chance. The next mistake is his last make no doubt about it. I think he wont make that mistake and I certainly think he is worth a punt on.

1864. By overlooking or forgive it, you condone it. I don't CARE what circumstances are behind it, he DID stub a cigar in a teammate's eye. I don't care if that teammate begged him to do it (and you didn't suggest he did, in fact you said he was the SUBJECT of a bet, not that he consented in any way, but I'm not changing my mind even if he did), that's EXTREMELY messed up. Phenomenally few people would ever do something that stupid and negligent. That he was involved in illegal betting involving someone else's good health hardly makes me think any better of him.

I never once argued he doesn't have the footballing talent to play for us, I have stated he does several times. But principles should ALWAYS be addressed, not sometimes. Perhaps that is the difference between us. Anyway, if Barton deserves a third chance, I think you'll find he already wasted that. Isn't he on his fifth or sixth chance now? Him saying he is ok now and having a year or two away from major trouble means little. Many drug addicts would tell you they are fine now after having treatment. My mum is a social worker, and I'm aware it often doesn't stay that way for long. In any event, I don't care if he IS reformed by now. I don't care if he has become a monk. What he has already done is too much to stain this club with.

Sorry to take this off topic everyone, Rovers fans wanting Barton here just gets my back up something rotten.

I have seen a lot of the UK's towns and cities and I can safely say apart from my beloved Rovers, Blackburn has exactly NOWT going for it.

No nightlife, a shoddy town centre with no decent shops, less restaurants and bars than ANY similar sized (or smaller) town in the country, a tiny industry base, racially divided, grotty, no university, a continuing brain drain, I could go on and on.

It is not because I take Blackburn' for granted', just 10 years ago Blackburn was doing ok, but the last decade has seen a rapid decline.

Just because you seem to lead a miserable existence here don't assume every other resident does.

The story you refer to hasnt been correctly reported. If you iknow the FULL story you will realise that the young player in question was the subject of a £5000 bet which included the use of a cigarette. The incident went wrong and got out of hand

I think you ought to leave it there.

Barton's a scumbag who was drummed out of City for a host of misdemeanours the worst of which was stubbing out of cigar in the face of a young apprentice at a Christmas party. The kid was awarded £65,000 in an out-of-court compensation deal.

There are many folk who would rightly refuse to go to Ewood if we signed him.

I think you ought to leave it there.

Barton's a scumbag who was drummed out of City for a host of misdemeanours the worst of which was stubbing out of cigar in the face of a young apprentice at a Christmas party. The kid was awarded £65,000 in an out-of-court compensation deal.

There are many folk who would rightly refuse to go to Ewood if we signed him.

And there are many people who also know that supporting our team (with him in it) doesn;t mean supporting HIM. I agree he has done gravely wrong and stupid things to say the least, but his footballing ability would not go amiss in our midfield.

I have seen a lot of the UK's towns and cities and I can safely say apart from my beloved Rovers, Blackburn has exactly NOWT going for it.

No nightlife, a shoddy town centre with no decent shops, less restaurants and bars than ANY similar sized (or smaller) town in the country, a tiny industry base, racially divided, grotty, no university, a continuing brain drain, I could go on and on.

It is not because I take Blackburn' for granted', just 10 years ago Blackburn was doing ok, but the last decade has seen a rapid decline.

the town centre of blackburn is actually not that bad! it is having a lot of money spent on it! it is certainly alot nicer than preston and blackpool. and how many of the footballers do you think actually go to blackburn lidl for their shopping? they will live in cheshire and i would rather live there than london!!

As do I. But if anything happens, it will most likely be Smith who comes.

I hope not, there have to be better options. Sell them Andrews and go off and buy Moses from Palace. If we can't get Johnson as an investment then Moses has to be worth a shot, Palace are desperate.

And there are many people who also know that supporting our team (with him in it) doesn;t mean supporting HIM. I agree he has done gravely wrong and stupid things to say the least, but his footballing ability would not go amiss in our midfield.

Problem is, by going to the ground and supporting the team, by implication you support Barton. You can't walk around with a teeshirt saying I support Rovers not Barton. If he's part of the team and you cheer if he puts in a decent tackle or scores, then you are supporting him, whether you mean to or whether it's just a reaction to Rovers doing something right.

You cant please everone in life nor can you make everyone like you.

There is nothing that can satisfy Jimbo's ego as he is the font of all knowledge !!!

All I said was that Barton COULD be a very good addition to our team. Some wont want him, others will whilst others will reserve judgement. I am certain that like Savage before him people would grow to love or still hate him. The same could easily be said of Dickov.

There are still Rovers fans who despise Shearer for leaving, Sutton, Sherwood and le Saux for leaving etc etc. Some will always hate The Walkers, Bill Fox, John Williams, Bobby Saxton.... you get the picture.

Problem is, by going to the ground and supporting the team, by implication you support Barton. You can't walk around with a teeshirt saying I support Rovers not Barton. If he's part of the team and you cheer if he puts in a decent tackle or scores, then you are supporting him, whether you mean to or whether it's just a reaction to Rovers doing something right.

I understand that entirely.....and yet people (including me) slag waggy off for not going to ewood because of Sam in charge. If I were to not go because of Barton, admittedly there would be better reason and it would make more sense, but I'd feel like I'm doing double standards.

• Backroom

The last time Barton showed high ability was when he was playing for City. He's not set Newcastle alight and his recent injury record is pretty bad.

Forget the non-footballing reasons for a second, do we want another potential crock who has a habit of getting sent off? (whether refs target him or not is beside the point, his chances of getting sent off are higher than other players regardless).

Gudjohnsen to snub Liverpool for West Ham - Exclusive

The Hammer’s had made a £2million bid for ­Blackburn’s Benni ­McCarthy, but pulled out of the deal on Thursday when Rovers said they would not entertain a bid until they had found a replacement.

Let's hope that article is wrong, we need to get a past it Benni off our wage bill and find a strike partner to get the best out of Kalinic.

I tell you Blackburn has more shops and decent ones at that than in my town. A better transport system (apart from the train) also. One of the best markets in the ocuntry. Yes racially divided maybe, but that is because each has already decided to be so.

One thing I did notice a decline this last December / Christmas period was the buses. That had seriously gone downhill from a year earlier. Basically it was hit and miss if a bus turned up. But it was still better than my area.

I tell you Blackburn has more shops and decent ones at that than in my town. A better transport system (apart from the train) also. One of the best markets in the ocuntry. Yes racially divided maybe, but that is because each has already decided to be so.

One thing I did notice a decline this last December / Christmas period was the buses. That had seriously gone downhill from a year earlier. Basically it was hit and miss if a bus turned up. But it was still better than my area.

One of the best markets in the country?!?! You serious? Its an absolute shadow of what it once was, get to Bury to see a real market.

For anyone to say that Blackburn town centre is a pleasant shopping centre is strange to say the least, for a town of 100000 the facilities are appalling.

I take no pleasure on pointing this out, but to suggest otherwuse is barmy.

Archived