BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Interesting on his interview for Rovers Player he pointed out that 'nobody wants to be playing long balls, diagonal balls and feeding off that'. Pretty clear indication most if not all players are enjoying Steve Keans philosophy more than Big Sams.

With regards to Keith Andrews, he simply is not good enough for our team and our aspirations in this league. However I don't wish to hear him being booed if he plays at Ewood Park again in the coming weeks, its happened before and its totally embarrassing and shameful to boo your own player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The booing of Andrews is quite sad.

However, if we were to release him on a free right now... what Premiership club would take him? The only club I can think of is Blackpool, and possibly Wolves. If Woy was still at Liverpool maybe them, too, as he apparently bid for him a while back :blink:

I don't know what he brings to the team. That's an honest point. He's not a good tackler, and his forward-play leaves a lot to be desired. He just...sorta....runs around a lot without doing anything. I don't think he was especially bad tonight, but I do wonder what he brings to the side.

• Backroom

Whatever the reasons, and there are a number of them, Andrews generally attracts a negative atmosphere that is not beneficial to the club or his team mates. It would be best for all if he left asap. Is kind of like the Konchesky situation at Liverpool.

I think Andrews was set up today:

Barely match fit

Out of Position

Should not be starting anyway

Playing in midfield with a weak strike force

Andrews was the scape goat but Kean should not have put him sraight in.

Start introducing him when we are playing a bottom half team and doing well.

Not expose him, no wonder he got boo'd.

pinning the blame on Kean here.

Whatever the reasons, and there are a number of them, Andrews generally attracts a negative atmosphere that is not beneficial to the club or his team mates. It would be best for all if he left asap. Is kind of like the Konchesky situation at Liverpool.

really good point actually

I think Andrews was set up today:

Barely match fit

Out of Position

Should not be starting anyway

Playing in midfield with a weak strike force

Andrews was the scape goat but Kean should not have put him sraight in.

Start introducing him when we are playing a bottom half team and doing well.

Not expose him, no wonder he got boo'd.

pinning the blame on Kean here.

WTF - Has Keith signed up to BRFCS? :wacko::blink:

He is not a Premier League player, end of.

However, the clowns on the Blackburn End should be ashamed.

+1 for that and i was stood on the BBE :angry:

I think its fair to say that every single person who watches Rovers knows that Andrews isn`t good enough to play top flight football.

However,i have to say i really felt sorry for the guy tonight and IMO hadn`t done anything worse than any other player to warrant the abuse that he received.In 35 years of watching Rovers i never thought i would see one of OUR own players being subjected to that level of abuse.I am absolutely disgusted that some of our `suporters` (and i use that term loosely) think that what they did tonight was acceptable.They should be ashamed of themselves.

What really gets to me though is what on earth did they think they would achieve by booing him and treating him this way?

IMO a very sad day for Rovers.

I don't know what he brings to the team. That's an honest point. He's not a good tackler, and his forward-play leaves a lot to be desired. He just...sorta....runs around a lot without doing anything. I don't think he was especially bad tonight, but I do wonder what he brings to the side.

He brings nothing to the side. He floats about midfield causing havoc to his own team - he directs his team mates where to go but doesn't actually pick anyone up himself. The worst part is when he does close a player down, he stands 7 yards off them and lets them pass it.

His distribution is also shocking - the lowlight tonight being him nearly putting Defoe in on goal.

If we released him tomorrow no Premier League team would pick him up. He's awful.

Whatever your opinion on the chap, the people who booed him should be ashamed. You may as well have been supporting Tottenham.

Boo any footballer and it's going to knock his confidence. I would've loved him to score at the end just so he could have flipped you all off.

For the first time in what seems like ages I was actually really looking forward to a Rovers home game. I too had been bouyed by the enthusiasm generated by the recent improved footballing performances and the promise of the players recruited in the transfer window.

This enthusiasm began to dissipate rather when our number 17 was included in the starting line-up.

After his 90(!!!) minutes on the field tonight I am back to a state of worry and semi pessimism.

Why does yet another manager not see what most of the crowd can see and continue to select him?

Why does yet another manager not see what most of the crowd can see and fail to substitute him?

Having said that I thought the booing was totally out of order.

If anything the anger should have been directed at Mr Kean for

a: selecting him

b: keeping him on the pitch.

Booing one of our own players is disgraceful and the culprits should be ashamed. I dont believe he is good enough, however the manager is responsible for picking the team. The decision to pick Andrews especially after his poor performance on Saturday makes me worried as to Steve Kean's ability to manage Rovers.

If anything the anger should have been directed at Mr Kean for

a: selecting him

b: keeping him on the pitch.

It was, Mr C. The JWL-ers who sit close to the bench left Kean in no doubt of their feelings.

They didn't boo, they told him.

Been drawn out of non posting with this ...in all my time of dislike of zzzzam ..I NEVER once Booed during a game..and to all the ######### who booed the first sub ..Jones went to the bench to come off...digusted in the ###### who booed .

Jones was diabolical and was on a yellow card, thus halving his effectiveness. Dunn is being nursed through games. 90 minutes tonight with another game in 3 days would increase the chances of him getting injured. This is why he remained on the pitch.

The treatment he received from a large number of fans tonight was despicable. These people simply don't deserve a decent team. Pure scum. For gods sake give the guy a break. Credit to him for not hiding, he still showed for the ball.

As it happens I'd much rather have Grella or Nzonzi ahead of Andrews but while he plays I'll never do anything but back him.

Another thing, is calling him Julie really supposed to be funny?

I am absolutely ripping that Keith Andrews played, BUT

TO ALL YOU THAT BOOED, DO US A FAVOUR AND DO NOT BOTHER GOING AGAIN IF THAT IS THE SUPPORT YOU GIVE ANY OF THE PLAYERS, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

yeah but them boo's will hopefully do everyone a favour long term, times he goes

he is boo'd because he is crap

Creates a negative atmosphere

yeah but them boo's will hopefully do everyone a favour long term, times he goes

he is boo'd because he is crap

Creates a negative atmosphere

Come on Chris which is it? you cant have it both ways, It was disgusting, it was before the match even started

Archived