BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Pretty much everyone saying that Dunn misplaced more passes or that Jones was worse or player y tackled less are completely missing the point. Those players bring something to the team. Dunn made 2 chances for himself and was a constant threat. Jones pressed the ball and disrupted their midfield very effectively, including playing a brilliant through ball that Mame should have scored from. Andrews brings NOTHING. You could put most lower league players in a premier league team and say to them "if you get the ball roll it 5 yards to the player next to you" or "track this player" and they would probably do it like Keith. But a premier league player needs more than that. We are effectively playing with 10 men when he plays

Good post and correct, better using a young player and let him mature, Jason Lowe would have played that role more effectively without a shadow of a doubt.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post and correct, better using a young player and let him mature, Jason Lowe would have played that role more effectively without a shadow of a doubt.

Kelbo, Jason Lowe is nowhwere near good enough to give Rovers a competitive edge in the premiership.

Comparing Lowe with Andrews shows up just how weak Rovers are, as both arent good enough. The player standard has to be raised much higher than these two guys, if, Rovers are to do well in the near future.

Andrews is totally and utterly rubbish, he isnt a championship player he is second division a best.

The sooner we realise that by having him in the team we lose the better BRFC will be.

He runs a lot, points a lot and prances around like a nonce on heat. he backs off, doesnt get stuck in, gives the ball away, cant head a ball, cant create anything positive only mayhem in our own midfield. he is the ultimate headless chicken, runs forward, loses possession and leaves a big hole behind him.

There is nothing positive to say about him other than i am positive he is totally crud.

The world's most boring thread rumbles ever onwards. 60 pages of posts that consist of one or the other of only two basic thoughts and no new news whatsoever. Andrews is exactly the same limited player he was the day he signed and a succession of managers keep picking him. That's the plot.

Perhaps just one more page of rants might convince the manager to bin him.

to be fair to keef the last 20 minutes he played some alright passes and didnt do much wrong... dont agree on the booing though!! it doesnt matter how sh!te someone is we support blackburn rovers and he plays for blackburn rovers and as long as that continues i will obviously critisize him but never boo him!! no player deserves that from their own fans!!

Sorry------he doesn't tackle therefore he doesn't get a tackle wrong! His thought processes are way behind the rest so when he gets the ball he slows everything up.Then he makes the most appalling mispass.

He is simply not Premier League standard and the crowd will continue to tell the manager so. His position is untenable.

No-one should enjoy the spectacle of his public humiliation, so Kean--drop him and lets move on.

Kelbo, Jason Lowe is nowhwere near good enough to give Rovers a competitive edge in the premiership.

Comparing Lowe with Andrews shows up just how weak Rovers are, as both arent good enough. The player standard has to be raised much higher than these two guys, if, Rovers are to do well in the near future.

Difference is Jason Lowe is 19 and Keith Andrews is 30. Anybody who knows what they are on about can see Jason Lowe has better ability on the ball, tackles better, and has a higher level of football intelligence than Andrews.

You have seen Jason Lowe in 2 games and branded him not good enough already, the guy is 19 and has shown a lot of promise. Many including the manager are excited about the future he has ahead at Rovers.

Keith Andrews is not good enough, I don't like hearing him being booed but yet again he was woeful last night, never puts in a tackle, not good enough for a Premier League team.

The booing is a disgrace. Surely the other players picked up on it and must have been talked about in the dressing room - sure the players think really highly of some of our support, booing one of their team mates. Especially, one who seems popular with the others.

He's not good enough, that is obvious, but booing will drag the whole team down if anything.

I think the booing is a message to Kean more than anything else. Andrews is frustrating - but he is picked to play by...?

..............Every manager we have!

Oh, nearly forgot - by his international manager too. Damn, he's a lucky lad.

If we are not happy with a player or manager then we are fully entitled to say so, it may be harsh but it is part of the game and our right.

I would not like it, but then if I don't do my job well my employer let's me know about it, and if I did it as bad as Keith I would probably find myself out on my arse.

Yes, and I bet your performance is not analysed as closely as our Keith's. Maybe he's figured out how to fool that Prozone thingy that Sam rated so highly???

Pretty much everyone saying that Dunn misplaced more passes or that Jones was worse or player y tackled less are completely missing the point. Those players bring something to the team. Dunn made 2 chances for himself and was a constant threat. Jones pressed the ball and disrupted their midfield very effectively, including playing a brilliant through ball that Mame should have scored from. Andrews brings NOTHING. You could put most lower league players in a premier league team and say to them "if you get the ball roll it 5 yards to the player next to you" or "track this player" and they would probably do it like Keith. But a premier league player needs more than that. We are effectively playing with 10 men when he plays

Interesting that Sam made him captain at least once from what I remember. He should write a book. "How I fooled my Bosses and made a Fortune." I reckon it would be a bestseller.

Yes, and I bet your performance is not analysed as closely as our Keith's. Maybe he's figured out how to fool that Prozone thingy that Sam rated so highly???

5 yard passes backwards and sideways, run a lot, maybe he has cracked prozone...........

I don't know how prozone works - the geek in me would love to have a go with it. But for example, there were posters on here saying that Keith's pass completion rate was really high. Well yes, but that's not the whole story is it? For at least the last 15 minutes he planted himself virtually next to Nelsen and everytime he got the ball just moved it 5 yards backwards or sideways. He even did one brilliant pass half the length of the pitch from the halfway line... back to Robinson. That wouldn't be too bad if he offered anything else positive. Maybe he has worked out how to fool prozone! The poster a couple up compared him to Heskey but at least Heskey has physical presence and he tends to bring out the best in other strikers. Keith does the opposite. There were one or two critical of Salgado on the Spurs thread. Fact is he had Keith in front of him who kept drifting into the middle leaving him one on one with Lennon. Lesser fullbacks would have had a torrid time. Contrast it with Ohlson who had Junior in front of him.

At least Lowe can tackle.

Personally I don't think he makes the grade, but I was horrified by the abuse he got off us on Wednesday night, it started when his name was read out at the start of proceedings and just got worse.

Like I said, I'm not a fan, but how was the abuse helpful to the team or him?

What would we have done if he had scored at the death? Laughed?

I think the fact that he STARTED, just shows how limited out current squad is, I don't expect him to start at Wigan, now that Bert and the new signings are around, but I thought N Zonzi looked lost when he came on, and we should have put Pederson on earlier.

However, I'm not at all happy that my fellow supporters are running a hate campaign against one of OUR players, especially one who keeps out of the headlines, keeps his head down and has just himself come back from injury.

Okay, I don't personally think he is good enough for Rovers, but that isn't HIS problem is it?

We were a SIGNIFICANT factor in his poor display on Wednesday, that there can be no doubt of, imagine if it were you with 20+ 000 giving you stick, you'd go to bits! I know I bloody would!

In the end our manager picked him and he wears our shirt and he's obviously trying, we might not like it, but he does not deserve that level of abuse from his own fans, it's just plain bang out of order and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Personally I don't think he makes the grade, but I was horrified by the abuse he got off us on Wednesday night, it started when his name was read out at the start of proceedings and just got worse.

We know, Andy Slater caused all of this.

The above post is an excellent discription of Nzonzis contribution on Wednesday night.

You do, of course, have a point for the 10 minutes or so Nzonzi was on. And the lad did come from a similar level in France. The difference for me is that Nzonzi will hopefully develop beyond that, and as he showed for most of last year, he is capable of much, much more. Do you think Keith will develop, and has he ever had a sustained run of form - he's at the stage where he is classed as a senior pro.

I hate the fact that he gets booed - everyone is correct in that it is something to be ashamed of. But I must admit my heart sank when I heard the team - I don't think either him or Roberts should ever start - and from feeling excited about the game I was pretty downbeat.

I don't know if anyone else saw Dunny look at the Riverside, shrug his shoulders and put his hands out, palms up, when the first substitution was made. He looked as they he was saying "Why is Andrews not going off?"

Of course, Dunny could have been saying "I'm knackered, why am I not going off?"

I don't know if anyone else saw Dunny look at the Riverside, shrug his shoulders and put his hands out, palms up, when the first substitution was made. He looked as they he was saying "Why is Andrews not going off?"

Of course, Dunny could have been saying "I'm knackered, why am I not going off?"

Suspect it was the latter.

The above post is an excellent discription of Nzonzis contribution on Wednesday night.

Steven N'Zonzi is 22 year old product of the PSG youth systems, who might make it in this League.

Keith Andrews is 30 year old trainee from Wolves, who somehow made it to our club despite having found his level in League 2.

One can improve and has time on his side. The other is called Keith.

It's not that I don't like the guy, I'm sure he's a top bloke, but a PL standard footballer, he ain't.

There's no need to boo the guy but he is woeful at this level. I don't feel particularly sorry for him since he makes loads of money, plays football for a living and is better at it than I'll ever be. He's never given less than 100% but he looks so out of his depth in a Premier League midfield it's scary.

quote from Wikipeida:

"After a single year at Hull, he moved to Milton Keynes Dons of League Two for £2.50 for the 2006–07 campaign where he became club captain. He lost out on promotion in the play-offs, despite scoring in the semi-final tie with Shrewsbury Town."

When we was 25 is moved for £2.50, can't be right

Archived