BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

He brings nothing to the side. He floats about midfield causing havoc to his own team - he directs his team mates where to go but doesn't actually pick anyone up himself. The worst part is when he does close a player down, he stands 7 yards off them and lets them pass it.

His distribution is also shocking - the lowlight tonight being him nearly putting Defoe in on goal.

If we released him tomorrow no Premier League team would pick him up. He's awful.

Quite agree but if we can see it why can't 3 successive managers? I just don't get it. However, I have never booed a Rovers player in my life-not even Coddington!

Agree with those who say he'll never be accepted because we know he's no good but who will have him?

Please leave him out till his contract runs out.

Along the same lines---anyone see much justification for starting Roberts or giving him a new contract? Bizarre!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along the same lines---anyone see much justification for a) starting Roberts B) giving him a new contract? Bizarre!

I'm not a Roberts fan but he did well I think

Keith Andrews is useless, simple as! Its not even like he doesn't do anything, he does stupid passes and doesn't commit to tackles which end up putting us in trouble!

As for the booing I absolutely think its necessary how can 20,000 plus people be wrong. As fans we have to voice our opinion, if that means booing players who are rubbish, so be it.

I've just posted on the game thread about my absolute disgust at our so called fans booing one player relentlessly, no matter what he did. On any objective measure he was far from our worst player tonight, yet he was getting blamed for others' mistakes time and again. If certain players give the ball away there is at most a slight groan but you know that if Andrews had done it there were be pandemonium.

I've just posted on the game thread about my absolute disgust at our so called fans booing one player relentlessly, no matter what he did. On any objective measure he was far from our worst player tonight, yet he was getting blamed for others' mistakes time and again. If certain players give the ball away there is at most a slight groan but you know that if Andrews had done it there were be pandemonium.

Spot-on John. No where near the worst player on the park. In fact I would go so far as to say that the idiots who booed him almost cost us a second goal ... During the spell in the 2nd half that he was booed every time he touched the ball he was clearly becoming increasingly uncomfortable on the ball, causing him to 'get rid' far too quickly and almost setting-up Defoe. Hang your heads in shame ... You are not fans.

I've never felt so ashamed to be a rovers fan. There were people sat near me who actually groaned when keith did something well as it meant they couldn't boo him. Dunny plays a shocker of a ball, unlucky dunny lad. Keith does an ok pass and he gets slated. I agree about his poor pass being partly down to the crowd and him being a bag of nerves. I wouldn't be surprised if the crowds reaction doesn't go to someway keeping keith on the pitch. Kean knew keith would get a shocking reaction from the crowd if he took him off, so he saved the lad and the reputation of our more rational fans by leaving him on.

The boos were from throughout the ground, ended up in the JW Upper today - and even in the posh seats there was lots of grief being unpoured.

Jones gestuired to the bench two or three times that he wanted to come off and kept holding his back.

Firstly, I agree that we should NEVER boo a player for his lack of quality or lack of form. I feel so strongly about this that I'm thinking of starting a thread in the subject. We must stamp it out

But....there's always a but....I must ask if there is ANY poster on here that would have started Andrews tonight (Wed.)?

I presume anyone that would have done would be in a tiny tiny minority, for a whole host of reasons debated hotly this evening and previously. So it's Mr. Kean who should be in the spotlight.

I think this is important as many people contributing to this and other threads have rightly defended him against the over the top abuse and vitriol, but how many would have had him in their 1st eleven. There were many people who shared their proposed line-up for both tonight AND the Wigan game and Andrews was not mentioned once.

It is a complete joke that Andrews gets to wear the shirt.

His all round game is awful in almost every aspect.

Steve Kean, I beg you, let Andrews rot in the reserves until his contract runs out. We played with ten men for ninety minutes last night.

I struggle to understand how he walks back into the team the way he has, utter dross every time the ball came to him our attack broke down.

There is no reason for him to be in the squad, let alone starting at the moment.

(Please don't use that word again) him off Steve!

Might add, I thought we played quite well and we were unlucky not to get something from the game.

What is it about some people who 'follow' the Rovers who think that it is a good idea to boo a player wearing the halves? Are they the same morons who used to boo Mark Atkins whose goals were key to us winning the title?

Andrews hadn't had a game for months and was not the worst player on the pitch last night. How come those same individuals didn't boo Diouf for his lack of running and poor touch, or Samba for his lousy marking of Crouch (again) or any of the other players who made mistakes against Spurs.

He kept going for all the 90 minutes and good job too as Dunn and Jones were clearly out of gas and it needed changes to match Spurs. After the subs we began to get back some control in the second half.

So, leave our players alone, if you have an opinion (which we all have) moan to your mate, post on this board but DO NOT boo our players during the game. I know that it is beyond many to applaud when a disliked player does something good but show a bit of sense, we want our players to do well and how does booing them improve their game?

Very, very disappointed in all who did that, very disappointed.

We all know he can't pass, shoot or run properly. He also shirks tackles, points everywhere and is generally useless but booing him is bang out of order. Just imagine what the booing did to his confidence last night and the knock on effect it could have on the team. He's only just got himself fit and he has to endure that behaviour from our own fans. He will never win with Rovers fans and for all his faults as a player, can we not just try and encourage him or at least stop booing him?

Jones was diabolical and was on a yellow card, thus halving his effectiveness. Dunn is being nursed through games. 90 minutes tonight with another game in 3 days would increase the chances of him getting injured. This is why he remained on the pitch.

The treatment he received from a large number of fans tonight was despicable. These people simply don't deserve a decent team. Pure scum. For gods sake give the guy a break. Credit to him for not hiding, he still showed for the ball.

As it happens I'd much rather have Grella or Nzonzi ahead of Andrews but while he plays I'll never do anything but back him.

Another thing, is calling him Julie really supposed to be funny?

Watch the game. Jones had a back injury. He was clearly our best midfielder, again.

Watch the game. Jones had a back injury. He was clearly our best midfielder, again.

jones gave the ball away far more times than andrews last night and got caught serveral times in posession by not releasing the ball quick enough, although not andrews biggest fan, i thought he did ok last night, he did what was asked of him.is it me or did we play better when kean made the changes ???? too boo him is completly out of order. There was a half an opportunuty for him to have a strike from edge of box in the second half and nine times out of ten he would have shot but the lad clearly had no confidence and if he would have missed he would have been crucified

can we not just try and encourage him or at least stop booing him?

No! :tu:

Can we encourage him that he isnt wanted here & should request a transfer ASAP!! :P

I dont agree with booing if its not necessary but how else can fans vent there feelings towards a p!ss poor player?? Im sorry but people keep comparing him as avaerage like Emerton & Grella. The difference is - Keith CANNOT tackle, and very rarely makes a decent run or pass forward. Hand on heart, I would have rather played Lowe in there over him.

jones gave the ball away far more times than andrews last night and got caught serveral times in posession by not releasing the ball quick enough, although not andrews biggest fan, i thought he did ok last night, he did what was asked of him.is it me or did we play better when kean made the changes ????

Yes but points like this annoy me....Keith offers NOTHING!!! At least Jones sticks a tackle in - rather than just run 5 yards around the player. He also played 3 superb balls early in the 2nd half....didnt see Andrews do too much good did you?

No! :tu:

Can we encourage him that he isnt wanted here & should request a transfer ASAP!! :P

I dont agree with booing if its not necessary but how else can fans vent there feelings towards a p!ss poor player?? Im sorry but people keep comparing him as avaerage like Emerton & Grella. The difference is - Keith CANNOT tackle, and very rarely makes a decent run or pass forward. Hand on heart, I would have rather played Lowe in there over him.

Yes but points like this annoy me....Keith offers NOTHING!!! At least Jones sticks a tackle in - rather than just run 5 yards around the player. He also played 3 superb balls early in the 2nd half....didnt see Andrews do too much good did you?

im not saying andrews is a world beater for from it, but giving him stick for being average is in unfair on the lad, there were times in the first half when spurs were playing the ball around in the middle of the park and rovers were stood off letting them play denying space in behind the back of us for the likes of lennon and defoe. There was 11 players in blue and white not closing down not just andrews. He was also being made a scapegoat for other players mistakes

[quote name='Mattyblue' timestamp='1296726199' post='102350.

Shameful from our 'supporters'.

agreed, one bloke sat behind me booed and slagged him off all night, i turned round and asked why not encourage him or at least stop booing. His reply was i am encouraging him - muppet

Completely idiotic behaviour Hughesy, can't believe you have the gall to defend it!

The WHOLE TEAM suffered when the booing started, completely counterproductive.

Shameful from our 'supporters'.

Really? I thought late on we had quite a few chances!! <_<

Here are a few stats to PROVE you wrong...

Last 30 mins

177 passes – 26.5% unsuccessful

7 shots – 4 on target

19 tackles – 13 won = 68%

8 interceptions

11 freekicks – 5 won

1st 30 mins

120 passes – 39.1% unsuccessful

6 shots – 1 on target

31 tackles – 17 won =54%

9 interceptions

7 free-kicks – 3 won