Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrews cannot pass and cannot tackle. Kind of important traits for a central midfielder. His presence on the teamsheet draws sighs and shaking heads (and worse) from his own supporters.

We need better, and are led to believe we can expect better. He would need to improve immeasurable to convince me he is the answer to our midfield problem.

Sorry i can't find the stats for last season........but the season before:

Player...Passes...% successful

Warnock .... 1395... 69

Nelsen........ 1048... 71

Andrews..... 960... 74

Pedersen... 872... 54

Samba........ 864... 69

Diouf......... 779... 72

Grella........ 664... 72

Emerton..... 611... 76

McCarthy... 435... 69

Roberts..... 381... 78

Givet......... 334... 69

Dunn......... 299... 69

Olsson........ 150... 73

Reid........... 146... 77

Zurab......... 106... 79

Wow Andrews can play a sideway 4 yard pass 75% of the time. Yippee

It was great whilst he was out. I didnt have to feel my blood boil at the prospect of watching this inept moron display his complete uselessness week after week, blatant for anyone with eyes to see, yet somehow still gets selected the week after. By a long way the worst player I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. If Kean gets rid of him he will do himself massive favours.

Wow Andrews can play a sideway 4 yard pass 75% of the time. Yippee

Yes.....compares well to MGP's barely 50%.

And so the debate starts again!!

I know! Just nudged this thread so that we would have something to argue about when the window closes. I knew he'd be back just as good as ever.

Yes.....compares well to MGP's barely 50%.

I know! Just nudged this thread so that we would have something to argue about when the window closes. I knew he'd be back just as good as ever.

How many are Pedersen's misplaced passes are crosses?

Can somebody put a question mark at the end of the thread title? It's highly disrespectful.

No it's not. It's an opinion.

It's the opposing view that's creating the most controversy. For the next month the Keith supporters will go-on about match fitness, other excuses will follow to cover up the fact that he isn't good enough. Then we'll have "well he's no worse than so-and-so". It will then come down to the admirable "whilst he's wearing the blue and white, we should get behind him". The cycle will continue ad infinitum.

I just hope the next 35 hours are enough to shift him to the Championship where he'll probably thrive, and we'll be able to move on.

• Moderation Lead

An awful footballer, but when you buy a league 2 player you get league 2 quality. I don't care if he tries hard, he's terrible. And for the record, Salgado did well to get onto the ball through from Andrews for the goal.

I'd love to see people defend him now, as yesterday (though he wasn't alone as Pedersen was equally bad) he was shocking.

TIME TO GET RID NOW!

No it's not. It's an opinion.

It's the opposing view that's creating the most controversy. For the next month the Keith supporters will go-on about match fitness, other excuses will follow to cover up the fact that he isn't good enough. Then we'll have "well he's no worse than so-and-so". It will then come down to the admirable "whilst he's wearing the blue and white, we should get behind him". The cycle will continue ad infinitum.

I just hope the next 35 hours are enough to shift him to the Championship where he'll probably thrive, and we'll be able to move on.

I'm sure they will just point out that he is a squad player and can perform to a decent enough standard in a reliable fashion to be a squad player, whilst simultaneously not taking a huge wage.

I think it is disrespectful since this thread is too big to be 'just an opinion' and there comes a certain point when it becomes less personal than simply a persons thread and is an often used thread of the board.

Come on chap £3.00 seems a little low even for Andrews, I reckon it would take at least a fiver to convince us to sell.

Wasn't it Wigan who we rejected a substantial bid from?

• Moderation Lead

I'm sure they will just point out that he is a squad player and can perform to a decent enough standard in a reliable fashion to be a squad player, whilst simultaneously not taking a huge wage.

I think it is disrespectful since this thread is too big to be 'just an opinion' and there comes a certain point when it becomes less personal than simply a persons thread and is an often used thread of the board.

It was Fulham a couple of years back, I believe the offer was in the region of £2.5-3 million? We really should have snatched their hands off...

I'm sure they will just point out that he is a very limited squad player and can perform to a Championship standard in a reliable fashion to be a limited squad player, whilst simultaneously not taking a huge wage.

If we can agree to those changes, we have an agreement. (I look at wages being relative so whatever he's on is huge for what he's giving back).

However, it still doesn't change the fact that he is not good enough for Premier League side - let alone a top 10 PL side!

I was responding to your comment abotu the original thread title being an opinion - a point of view - everything else is arguing for or against that view.

Allegedly it was Fulham. It can't have been true though, £2 million plus would have been like gold dust to Sam.

If we can agree to those changes, we have an agreement.

Why on earth would I want to agree with you? I accept he has his limitations of course, there is no denying it. Hence why he is limited to the bench and sometimes lower. Fine by me.

Also, the thread is a poll and most polls tend to be unbiased. But whatever.

Why on earth would I want to agree with you? I accept he has his limitations of course, there is no denying it. Hence why he is limited to the bench and sometimes lower. Fine by me.

Also, the thread is a poll and most polls tend to be unbiased. But whatever.

Sorry been doing a lot of contract work this week!

If he was an unused sub on a pay-as-you-play contract he might be useful.

Sadly, he still gets a PL wage regardless and the job he does for us pointing about the place. I've watched enough of him to know he isn't going to do it for us. IMHO he's a lower league journeyman who is living the life thanks to injuries last year that meant he probably played more games that anticipated, and we have a chairman who is as good as his word who improved his terms. Nothing wrong with the guy on a personal level. If I was in his shoes I'd be doing the same thing.

If your second sentence was a point you were trying to prove, it went the way of my avatar's hairline!

Archived