BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

I thought Andrews was excellent today, he played some excellent passes.

I've just checked out his passing on Guardian Chalkboard and he completed 100% of his passes - 27 out of 27. Can't argue with that. His defensive stats look good too.

Havent seen the Villa game but I dont buy that Le chuck. You're having a laugh !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent seen the Villa game but I dont buy that Le chuck. You're having a laugh !

Then you've no right to comment on it. Andrews played very well to be fair to him - especially alongside a young midfielder making his debut.

Then you've no right to comment on it.

Yep! seen more than enough of Keef over the past two seasons to know he aint good enough, and not to be kiddied into an end of season preformance against a team whose about to lose their manager into thinking hes OK - hes not, but then neither is Grella.

Suppose it all depends on where you want Rovers to be which for me is much higher than 10th.

Yep! seen more than enough of Keef over the past two seasons to know he aint good enough, and not to be kiddied into an end of season preformance against a team whose about to lose their manager into thinking hes OK - hes not, but then neither is Grella.

Suppose it all depends on where you want Rovers to be which for me is much higher than 10th.

LeChuck didn't comment on whether or not Andrews is 'good enough' though. He simply pointed out that he had a very good game yesterday. And you disagreed, having not seen it. Regardless of whether he's a top 10 player (he clearly isn't) that doesn't mean he's incapable of playing well occasionally.

I agree Keith aint good enough but you've got to give the lad credit when he does put in a good performance. I also agree with your comment on Grella but do you really think finishing much higher than 10th is realistic? I don't, I think 10th is a great success this season and to consolidate that next season would be more than acceptable.

I've said it many times but I'll say it again, the re-building of a club of our size and with our finances will take a long long time and we must be patient and support whoever is playing in our famous blue and white halves.

You have just sentenced yourself to a lifetime of disappointment. As it stands at the moment I think 8th would be the absolute pinnacle of our potential. With 7th place as some sort of Fantasy Island.

You have just sentenced yourself to a lifetime of disappointment. As it stands at the moment I think 8th would be the absolute pinnacle of our potential. With 7th place as some sort of Fantasy Island.

difference between dreams and reality. I want Rovers to be higher than tenth - we all want to win the league again - but I know that in the foreseeable future it's not going to happen and I can live with that reality. Some fans seem to have trouble in separating wanting and hoping from what is actually likely to happen, and get carried away with their own deams, suggesting we spend money we are unlikely to have and players who wouldn't come here even if we had a champions league place guaranteed for the next 3 seasons.

I agree Keith aint good enough but you've got to give the lad credit when he does put in a good performance. I also agree with your comment on Grella but do you really think finishing much higher than 10th is realistic? I don't, I think 10th is a great success this season and to consolidate that next season would be more than acceptable.

I've said it many times but I'll say it again, the re-building of a club of our size and with our finances will take a long long time and we must be patient and support whoever is playing in our famous blue and white halves.

Says a lot about Keith, also, that he played a role in a SQUAD that finished 10th and made a cup semi. Probably played a bit too much of a role, but that's not his fault. We still need players who will play a squad role. He's played CB, RB, RM, CM - the versatility you want from a squad player.

Finishing 7th or 8th seems easy enough till you actually look at the teams you'd have to replace! We could reach a higher spot than Brum and possibly Everton every now and then but in the meantime some other team comes along with more money!

Finishing 7th or 8th seems easy enough till you actually look at the teams you'd have to replace! We could reach a higher spot than Brum and possibly Everton every now and then but in the meantime some other team comes along with more money!

Like Newcastle and Leeds?

Since he squirted the water over the fan he hasn't actually had a bad game.

Maybe we can get some of the other players to squirt the fan too.

He didn't squirt a bottle at the fan...

He threw a half full bottle of lucozade at the fan, missed him and hit the lady two rows behind the fan who was mouthing off at Kieth (the lady wasn't giving Kieth grieve by the way) and caused severe bruising to her upper torso, which she had to visit the doctors about.

There is also a Police number for incident as well.

That's all I can say about the matter.

Has she received an apology from him???? Thats my gripe, if i threw a water bottle at Keith I would be banned from every football ground in the country. In my mind at present its OK for players to lob missiles but not for fans!!!

On Keith the killer for him, for me is this. Keith is always telling the other lads what to do and where they have gone wrong. Now this is a good quality to have, however how do the other players react to him doing it??? Dunn told him to do one, as did Olsson yesterday, why??? I have said it before that the other players don't always seem to have faith in as a footballer, taking harder passing options when Keith is the right one. Thats not a good thing on the pitch.

Keith has done well the last few games but just as people are using Gamsts supposed 5-6 game purple patch to say he's still rubbish, you cannot hail Keith for 2-3 decent games. Back-wards logic in action on here at times.

It's a myth that Andrews can't tackle. It's a myth that Andrews can't pass. It's been repeated ad nauseum and many people have bought it because he's an easy target and a number of people have blinkered views. Take a look at this site and compare Andrews with whomever you like. I've been looking at him and David Dunn in various different games. It bears repeating that some people have very blinkered views where Andrews is concerned and this site proves it.  

The only site I trust on stats is pro-zone and I don't have access to rovers ones as its private.  All the stat sites that look into pass % etc are all different and so you never know which one is correct.

If only Hughesy had had the balls to ask Sam, why!!!!

Take a look over the entire season. It has to give you a damn good idea how Andrews has done comparatively. I still maintain Andrews is a squad player and, if we can get someone better, replace him but Andrews is versatile and useful. No matter what anyone says, Andrews is now an ESTABLISHED Premier League player. That's because he's played 2 seasons at this level playing over 30 games in both. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. 

I think Andrews has looked far better as a defensive midfielder than as a supporting one. His technique isnt that good but we all know that.

His biggest problem is his decision-making takes a while to kick in so he dallies on the ball too much. Ive never seen a Premier League player have the ball stolen off him so many times because he takes too long to pass it or get rid of it and that comes from years of lower league football where you have much more time on the ball.

His form in the second half of the season has been much improved, but then again so has the whole club's.

I think Andrews has looked far better as a defensive midfielder than as a supporting one. His technique isnt that good but we all know that.

His biggest problem is his decision-making takes a while to kick in so he dallies on the ball too much. Ive never seen a Premier League player have the ball stolen off him so many times because he takes too long to pass it or get rid of it and that comes from years of lower league football where you have much more time on the ball.

His form in the second half of the season has been much improved, but then again so has the whole club's.

I think he was robbed a lot in his first season early on. This season, he hasn't been so much certainly no more than any other midfielder that plays for us. Salgado was robbed a lot early on this season as well. That doesn't happen much any more either. Having watched his improvement, Andrews has become a much better player this season. Rovers have become a much better team as can be seen by the results in the second half of the season and especially in the last 8-9 games. 

Archived