BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Lets be fair to all and not so churlish toward individuals. Lets not display misguided loyalty either.

The entire midfield performed well against the Arsenal imo. Thats not to say that we shouldn't seek to replace each and every one with better players if we get an opportunity. It's the way football works.

However, since we have no money and therefore that opportunity is not likely to arise, we should support the players we have got.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, since we have no money and therefore that opportunity is not likely to arise, we should support the players we have got.

Well without any money this season we seem to have magicked up Olsonn, N'Zonzi, Hoillet, Basturk and Lingaze. Who knows who else is in Allardyces sights?

Fair play to Andrews thought it was a brilliant pass with the outside of his foot to curl it round the defender and to have the perfect weight on the ball to set-up Pedersen who really should have scored.

Well without any money this season we seem to have magicked up Olsonn, N'Zonzi, Hoillet, Basturk and Lingaze. Who knows who else is in Allardyces sights?

I totally agree that having no money doesn't making it impossible, but two of the players you named were already at the club and one of the others has only played once.

We don't, of course, but it must get harder and every time we buy an inexperienced player we take a huge risk. Sometimes they will come off but the value to a team like ours of a player who doesn't whine about being played out of position (perhaps because he's not really very good in any position but so what) who is always fit, and who feels lucky to be here, cannot be underestimated. Like you, I'd like a better quality midfield, but I think there will be others shipped out before Andrews, despite what some fans may think or want.

Two horribly cringeworthy moments for Andrews on Monday:

The first: a really good, incisive forward pass is played to him (I think from Dunn) toward the edge of the Arsenal box which, instead of taking on and trying to fasion an opportunity at goal, he simply passes straight backward to where it came from.

The second: he is teed up on the edge of the box with a perfect opportunity to strike at goal, yet inexplicably dummies it, catching everybody off guard and utterly bemused.

I totally agree that having no money doesn't making it impossible, but two of the players you named were already at the club and one of the others has only played once.

When people were praising Sam for signing N'Zonzi you tried to claim it was down to the scouting not him! Hoilett was in Germany and had never played in England the manager bought him here--end of. Olssen had been here for 4(?) years without ever looking like he would make it- has come on spectacularly under Allardyce. You could have mentioned that Linghazi hasn't played at all but then he wasn't bought for this season.The Basturk thing hasn't worked but not all gambles pay off and it hasn't cost us much. And what about Jones? He was here too but it takes judgement and courage to give an 18 year old his League debut against Chelsea.

Basically its the same old stuff from you, if something good happens its nothing to do with Sam, if something bad happens its his fault.

I suppose this is another example of the insults you receive when you carry on like this?

The first: a really good, incisive forward pass is played to him (I think from Dunn) toward the edge of the Arsenal box which, instead of taking on and trying to fasion an opportunity at goal, he simply passes straight backward to where it came from.

The second: he is teed up on the edge of the box with a perfect opportunity to strike at goal, yet inexplicably dummies it, catching everybody off guard and utterly bemused.

Two moments compared to yet another completely forgettable performance from Grella during the 57 minutes he was on the pitch.

I honestly though Keith was in the top 3-4 performers we had today and wasn't far from my MOM vote - I know Dunn, Roberts, Givet n Pederson also played v.well but keith broke their attacks up endlessly - superb ball through to pederson and big oart to play in first goal also :)

Has to be in the starting 11 at villa I think...

:rolleyes:

The thing is whatever he does he gets slated for, but if Dunny had done the step over it would have been a nice little move which almost paid off. The number of times I see the crowd clap and say unlucky when certain players try something, yet when Andrews trys something almost identical he gets booed and slated!!!

The thing is whatever he does he gets slated for, but if Dunny had done the step over it would have been a nice little move which almost paid off. The number of times I see the crowd clap and say unlucky when certain players try something, yet when Andrews trys something almost identical he gets booed and slated!!!

The thing is though, if Dunn screwed up regularly over a one year period then people would be as frustrated with him as they are with Andrews.

The truth is simple, he is not good enough to play at this level and inevitably, this results in people becoming annoyed.

If I bought a greyhound and on arrival it had three legs, I'd be pretty frustrated!

The thing is though, if Dunn screwed up regularly over a one year period then people would be as frustrated with him as they are with Andrews.

The truth is simple, he is not good enough to play at this level and inevitably, this results in people becoming annoyed.

If I bought a greyhound and on arrival it had three legs, I'd be pretty frustrated!

Only if you'd expected a greyhound that could compete. If you'd bought it as a pet for the kids or whatever, you'd feel sorry for it.

Only if you'd expected a greyhound that could compete. If you'd bought it as a pet for the kids or whatever, you'd feel sorry for it.

Good point. Not much meat on a Greyhound afterall...

Not completely true. Roberts copped for some stick when he backheeled it straight out of play in the second half. :rolleyes:

No one can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Two good performances in a row, I wonder if the Keith bashers will give it a rest over the summer :unsure:

Yeah, that'll totally eclipse the number of times he's looked like a deer in the headlights.

Gotta be looking to offload him next season, with Fulham hopefully still fancying a flutter.

I thought Andrews was excellent today, he played some excellent passes.

I've just checked out his passing on Guardian Chalkboard and he completed 100% of his passes - 27 out of 27. Can't argue with that. His defensive stats look good too.

He was much improved today I thought too. However id still like to see us sell him if the opportunity arrises for decent cash to spend on a better midfielder.

Archived