BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Has she received an apology from him???? Thats my gripe, if i threw a water bottle at Keith I would be banned from every football ground in the country. In my mind at present its OK for players to lob missiles but not for fans!!!

She got an apology down at Brockhall but it was about 2 weeks too late and the club have handled it very poorly imo. You're right about what would happen to us, we were chatting to one of the decent stewards, ie not Newsham, and he said it was wrong but we'd be banned for lif from Ewood if we'd done what he did.

Yet the club have done very little to rectify the situation aside from insinuating it was the fans fault and putting pressure on people to drop it and threatening others with losing their tickets so a poor do all round really.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;) Aim high and all that, I agree, but as long as you're not expecting us to finish "much higher than tenth" :wacko:

8th ? any higher and as has been mentioned its Roy of the Rovers comic book stuff, but hey, why not, continueous improvement we've seen some big improvements over the past three months alone.

Two words - transfer window. We've got a lot of work to do to keep at least one of our assets and fill in the positions that we know need attention.

We've a lot of work to do to consolidate mid table as all the teams around us will be making a lot more signings than us. I just hope Sam finds the right players to keep us heading in the right direction.

She got an apology down at Brockhall but it was about 2 weeks too late and the club have handled it very poorly imo. You're right about what would happen to us, we were chatting to one of the decent stewards, ie not Newsham, and he said it was wrong but we'd be banned for lif from Ewood if we'd done what he did.

Yet the club have done very little to rectify the situation aside from insinuating it was the fans fault and putting pressure on people to drop it and threatening others with losing their tickets so a poor do all round really.

:blink::blink::blink:

I don't adam and eve it.

Perhaps we should invest some of this extra place money in a public relations man as we suck at it.

Sorry but I genuinely don't follow the point you're trying to make.

Just because you have money to spend doesn't mean you'll be successful spending it. I'd guess at least 5 clubs behind us spent more money on their squad than we did.

Just because you have money to spend doesn't mean you'll be successful spending it. I'd guess at least 5 clubs behind us spent more money on their squad than we did.

Sunderland for one. They spent a lot of money adding to their squad and couldn't better us even with a 20goal a season striker. The problem is they might make better signings this closed season so that makes it tougher for us.

I thought Andrews was excellent today, he played some excellent passes.

I've just checked out his passing on Guardian Chalkboard and he completed 100% of his passes - 27 out of 27. Can't argue with that. His defensive stats look good too.

The only site I trust on stats is pro-zone and I don't have access to rovers ones as its private. All the stat sites that look into pass % etc are all different and so you never know which one is correct.

Both the Telegraph and Guardian credit Keith with over 90% successful pass rate against Arsenal too. That looked about right to me. Prozone may be wonderful but I guess we'll never be able to assess it properly for ourselves?

We'll just have to rely on the "Expert" to use it wisely on our behalf - I reckon that means we will see plenty of Keith next season.

Open question: there's talk that Sam wants to bring on a striker. But would you be happy to keep Keith if it meant we used our transfer budget was spent on a proven, PL quality striker? Or would you stick with our current strike force and swap Keith for a decent midfielder?

Open question: there's talk that Sam wants to bring on a striker. But would you be happy to keep Keith if it meant we used our transfer budget was spent on a proven, PL quality striker? Or would you stick with our current strike force and swap Keith for a decent midfielder?

I dont think Keith will be moved on anytime soon whatever position Sam decides to strengthen, thats not to say I feel he should be kept either though.

In response to your question though, yes I would be happy for Keith to stay and Sam to buy a striker if that's what he feel's we need. I'm not sure how he will use this striker we are after, given the lone frontman tactics employed by Sam. In terms of the should Keith Andrews be sold argument, I feel that every player Sam brings in pushes Keith a bit closer to the perifery of the squad, and that cant be a bad thing can it.

• 8 months later...

As the transfer window nears closure, I thought it was time to "bump" an old favourite thread. It seems Keith is back in the squad for today's match:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/28/squad-sheets-aston-villa-blackburn-rovers

I have a sneaking suspicion that those fans predicting his demise in the brave new Venky World are about to be disappointed. Keano will have worked with him as closely as anyone. It will be interesting to see how much he rates him.

Will we be able to add Kean's name to the growing list of Andrews fans:

Ince, Sam, Trappatoni, Hodgson, Jonnolad, me?

I reckon he will keep N'Zonzi out of the team? Welcome back Keith. B)B)B)

I like Keith too. He doesn't deserve all the abuse.

There you go Ricky - that list is growing! After watching Pedersen's performance last week, there are places up for grabs right now. Dunny, MGP, Vince and Brett are on the way down I fear.

Those who think he really is a football player and not a clown released from the circus, what does he bring to the side? :rolleyes: answers on a postcard please

Sorry i can't find the stats for last season........but the season before:

Player...Passes...% successful

Warnock .... 1395... 69

Nelsen........ 1048... 71

Andrews..... 960... 74

Pedersen... 872... 54

Samba........ 864... 69

Diouf......... 779... 72

Grella........ 664... 72

Emerton..... 611... 76

McCarthy... 435... 69

Roberts..... 381... 78