BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Moderation Lead

Whilst booing a BRFC player is moronic, he just isn't good enough. It is that simple, people being smug saying that 'fans must know more than 3 other managers and bla bla bla'- he was rubbish last night, there is no getting away from that!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% correct. Keith was far from out worst player last night that award must go to Jones and in his place Nzonzi, whom I still believe is the most overrated player ro ever wear blue and white.

The booing of Andrews is a prime example of the narrow minded idiots who appear to have taken over the BBE in recent seasons and is the main reason I moved to the Darwen End.

I met Keith last night and I have to say that as a person is one of the nicest footballers I have ever met.

One last point I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really give a damn what the idiots who booed him think as he'll still get paid at the end of the week, but to continue to single him out when other should carry a far higher burden of blame is unbelievable.

Well in my opinion, me and the guy sat next to me said in the 1st half that because andrews is absolutly useless and dosent challange the player with the ball, jones had to do alot of running round and covering for him. i personally dont see the point in andrews, he brings nothing to the team atall, booing him is maybe harsh, but i can understand why is it done tho, and it was more directed at kean for not subbing him i think anyway. but i suppose every one that disagrees with you brian is a narrow minded idiot! do you honestly think he is a premier league standard player???

Fair enough, I only remember one or two forward passes from N'Zonzi though - he usually prefers to pass it sideways.

Do you have a link to stats from the game btw?

Gaurdian chalkboard & then filtered out from 64 mins onwards (when NZonzi & Andrews were on the pitch together)

You can make stats say anything.

N/Zonzi passing

Andrews passing

Only seven passes from N'Zonzi were completed in the Spurs half (you know, the one where their goal is). The majority of Keith's were intended for a recepient in their half. Andrews is therefore playing more difficult balls into more dangerous areas. The chalkboard also shows that Andrews is more positive in terms of passing forwards.

Your comparing 90 mins though....you cant do that if NZonzi wasnt on the pitch until 64 mins - its not the same data set, In that time they were both on the pitch:

Andrews made 9 passes in their half -5 found a man - 0 successful in thier final 3rd

NZonzi made 8 - 7 found a man - 2 successful in their final 3rd.

Or we could compare 90 min player....lets compare him to a young upcoming kid shall we, someone with very little premier league experience.

Tackles = Hoilett 8 v 4 Andrews

Interceptions = Hoilett 2 v 0 Andrews

Shots = Hoilett 5 v 1 Andrews

Passes = Hoilett 28 (71.4% success) v 51 Andrews (76.4% success)

however analysing passes that actually matter, rather than just f@nnying around with it

look at the last 30 mins:

Hoilett made 9 passes, 8 went forward or into the box

Andrews made 23 passes, just 6 went forward or into the box

Someone tell me where Hughesey works. I wanna go to his work and boo him.

I work in IT & Statistics :P

Absolute nonsense that people are saying he wasn't our worst player. I've never booed him but last night I was so frustrated by his performance. He runs into pointless positions and because of him last night Jones looked very average as he had to fulfill his role as well as Andrews' role.

If he runs around and stops the opposition from passing to another player then fair enough. However, last night there was a triangle formed between Van Der Vaart, Defoe and Crouch. Andrews was placed in the middle, if he had just moved across to block the pass off to Defoe or Crouch then fair enough, but this idiot just stood in the bloody middle POINTING!!!

We can't afford to have this guy in our team, and to top it off when he was getting booed last night, was I the only one to see him put his hand to his ear when he completed one cross field pass?

Absolute joke, hopefully Kean will have realised he's rubbish too. Not good enough if we want to finish in the higher places.

Those on here trying to back him need to take off the blue and white tinted glasses and realise he's s**t!!! :angry2:

You can make stats say anything.

N/Zonzi passing

Andrews passing

Only seven passes from N'Zonzi were completed in the Spurs half (you know, the one where their goal is). The majority of Keith's were intended for a recepient in their half. Andrews is therefore playing more difficult balls into more dangerous areas. The chalkboard also shows that Andrews is more positive in terms of passing forwards.

I'm not arguing that he's a quality player but it's plain wrong to have a go at him for his performance last night. In fact if all the players weren't identifiable there's no way that people would be pointing out Andrews' performance as the worst.

This is what I think as well, that's why I made the suggestion that people changed their perspective a little. Stuck under a loupe of hate :|

• Moderation Lead

This is what I think as well, that's why I made the suggestion that people changed their perspective a little. Stuck under a loupe of hate :|

End of the day mate, he's sh*te. It's not even a matter of opinion any more. People present defenders (of Andrews) with fact and they choose to ignore it. Please feel free to tell me what he brings to the team- in the past I've heard:

'He never gets injured'- no longer true, he's been out for most of the season.

'He puts a shift in'- if that's what you call shirking challenges, losing the ball, not retrieving it, then rarely passing forwards, then I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

It's not even a matter of opinion any more.

So I guess that means anyone with a slightly different opinion than you is less entitled to make a comment? As previously pointed out all of his managers have felt he was worth putting in the team, including Trappatoni and he had two man of the match displays against France. Guess their opinion is garbage.

Will he continue at Rovers, maybe not. Other players have been hounded out of football clubs before.

Hopefully he will survive the attacks on his ability, whether that is at Ewood is another matter.

End of the day mate, he's sh*te. It's not even a matter of opinion any more. People present defenders (of Andrews) with fact and they choose to ignore it. Please feel free to tell me what he brings to the team- in the past I've heard:

'He never gets injured'- no longer true, he's been out for most of the season.

'He puts a shift in'- if that's what you call shirking challenges, losing the ball, not retrieving it, then rarely passing forwards, then I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

For the umpteenth time, we all know Andrews' limitations.

He's not the only player with limitations. But he's the only one who gets booed.

Last night Jones made several mistakes and I said to my mate, "Good job that wasn't Andrews" otherwise the boos would be ringing out.

The booing of him last night was a total disgrace. Inexcusable basically. No matter how bad he is, how bad he plays, how much you don't like him, if a player crosses that line in blue and white and tries his best he should never, ever be booed. The people doing it aren't Rovers fans, simple as that, and I wish they'd stay away as they do far more harm than good.

So I guess that means anyone with a slightly different opinion than you is less entitled to make a comment? As previously pointed out all of his managers have felt he was worth putting in the team, including Trappatoni and he had two man of the match displays against France. Guess their opinion is garbage.

Will he continue at Rovers, maybe not. Other players have been hounded out of football clubs before.

Hopefully he will survive the attacks on his ability, whether that is at Ewood is another matter.

He's a footballer, his job puts him in the public eye, that public is entitled to make a criticism, or praise him.

You make it sound so sad for poor old Keith, he picks his cheque up just the same you know.

The overall display last night was quite good, doesn't stop a lot of fans wading in predicting relegation and suggesting Kean cannot make a decent sub.

There are plenty of below par international players that get a man of the match award, this does not elevate them to greatness.

He had a MOTM against France and we boo him?

Some people need to look at themselves in the mirror.

What does this achieve? It's not going to make him better.

I think he will find a new club and I wouldn't be surprised to see him to bag a goal against us at some point, and if he celebrated wildly in front of the Blackburn End, I would say good on him.

Andrews went into his shell last night towards the end of the game, understandably.

Had he not been booed an extra 5% from him could have proved the difference. We'll never know now, but I'd rather be in a position where the 'fans' of our club don't place a negative effect on the team.

He had a MOTM against France and we boo him?

Some people need to look at themselves in the mirror.

What does this achieve? It's not going to make him better.

I think he will find a new club and I wouldn't be surprised to see him to bag a goal against us at some point, and if he celebrated wildly in front of the Blackburn End, I would say good on him.

If I was forced to choose someone to score against us it would be him.

He was poor last night, but booeing him is certainly not the answer. He does get worse treatment than the rest of the team. I can rememeber a period in the first half when we kept giving the ball away, but Andrews was only ever booed. He must put a decent shift in in training as he never seems to do it during a match!

very disapointing to see our own fans booing, even more so before the game even started

I will be the first to admit that I couldnt keep myself from letting out an audiable groan when his name was announced but to direct abuse towards a player and then expect him to perform for the next 90 minutes is a joke.

Never know with a little confidence he could have made a bit of a difference last night

very disapointing to see our own fans booing, even more so before the game even started

I will be the first to admit that I couldnt keep myself from letting out an audiable groan when his name was announced

your goan was probably the acorn that grew into an oak tree

At least we know who to hold fully responsible now.

The booing of him last night was a total disgrace. Inexcusable basically. No matter how bad he is, how bad he plays, how much you don't like him, if a player crosses that line in blue and white and tries his best he should never, ever be booed. The people doing it aren't Rovers fans, simple as that, and I wish they'd stay away as they do far more harm than good.

Didn't agree with the booing, don't think he is good enough but by cupping his ear to the Riverside and having a 5 minute sulk with some shockingly lapsidasical play - he deserved everything he got. The boo's were insignificant until he did that.

Personally I would have had him in for a disciplinary by now. Assulting the customers with water bottles, goading them with gestures and providing an inept service week in week out is a sacking offence no matter how unpleasent the customer might be.

If it seems our owners can forgive Samba's damming assessment of their competence (and sudden change of heart when the window slams shut with no-one interested after all) and pay through the nose then perhaps we could ask for a really big favour.....

Please?

What he did quite well last night was not let Spurs players settle on the ball and build a rhythm. If he saw a Spurs player unmarked he sprinted back to pick him up. He can’t tackle that well so he just stands up to a player and tries to make him play a bad pass.

Not comparing the two but Savage used to jump in front of a player to make him miss place a pass rather than tackle.

I cannot believe Dunny gets away with running forwards then just watching then opposition counter attack without tracking back. Dunny gets away with it as he is a ‘local lad’ but in all honesty if Man U came in he’d be off like a shot.............

For me part of the reason we can play Dunn, Olsson and Hoilett is because of players like Andrews and MGP who are prepared to put a shift in and cover them.

Keith can never win now though as it’s now become sheep mentality. It’s almost acceptable to boo Andrews so people do, just because they can and get away with it. As I said, I actually heard people moan when he did something well as it meant they didn’t get the chance to boo him.

If Keith had been subbed I’d have stood up and applauded him and in doing so would have got abused for applauding my own player. Which makes me laugh as those booing claim they have a right to vent their feelings, yet when I put mine across in support of a player the very same people supporting 'free speech at Ewood' I'm not allowed to........think that shows the mentality of the majority of people who boo him :wacko:

Just about sums up my thoughts on this topic also, but then again I am a Rover's supporter.

Slats, no one in the crowd expects him to perform though, thats the issue, booed or not.

You state you were far from happy yourself, not all people have the same restraint you were able to show.

Booing him is wrong, it does not help, but he is not good enough and should not be selected for this side.

Its just some of fans are making their opinion known.

How many of those condemning the booing are guilty of leaving 5 minutes before the final whistle?

Hardly showing support for the team is it?

I would say its equally as condemning as booing the players.

Didn't agree with the booing, don't think he is good enough but by cupping his ear to the Riverside and having a 5 minute sulk with some shockingly lapsidasical play - he deserved everything he got. The boo's were insignificant until he did that.

Personally I would have had him in for a disciplinary by now. Assulting the customers with water bottles, goading them with gestures and providing an inept service week in week out is a sacking offence no matter how unpleasent the customer might be.

If it seems our owners can forgive Samba's damming assessment of their competence (and sudden change of heart when the window slams shut with no-one interested after all) and pay through the nose then perhaps we could ask for a really big favour.....

Please?

You are a joke.

Personally I'm hoping for the captain to come out and criticise the booers, or the manager. Like when Souness slagged ff those who booed Carsley.

How many of those condemning the booing are guilty of leaving 5 minutes before the final whistle?

Hardly showing support for the team is it?

I would say its equally as condemning as booing the players.

couldnt agree more, always wondered how much of a negative effect seeing hordes of fans walking out of the ground has on the players, especially the new signings when they come into the team and seeing the riverside slowly emptying from 10 minutes before the end. Even more so when chasing an equaliser.

I know this happends at other grounds and there are reasons for it (traffic etc) but the layout of the stand makes it so much more obvious at Ewood

the fans on LET have to make you laugh, they are a lot more hardcore in their opinions then anyone on this site, thats why we have moderators I guess.

"As for Andrews booers, people will do whatever they feel like. I wouldn't boo him although I've shouted at him for being such a moron"

Archived