BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Keith needs to go for his own good as much as any.. Staying with rovers will destroy the lad... The lad is not for us I agree but the vilification of someone who ultimately does try has been nothing short of disgusting!!

Destroy the lad? He's 30 years old, playing well above his station. He'll probably squeeze as much top-flight football out of us as he can before his career peters out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am one of Andrews biggest critics and do NOT want to see him anywhere near the first team. That said...

If he does start today can we all get behind him and the team and save all of our venom for this mb at 5pm.

No Boos. Just Blues.

The booing is born from frustration. Whenever he's picked, especially before better players, it creates a malaise within the supporters. I had a feeling he would start mid-week, crazy as it sounds, because there's something that our managers see in him. I'm damned if I know what it is. Keef gives his all, but he makes Savage look world-class.

• Backroom

IS there a difference between booing and groaning?

Or shouting the odd vitriolic comment like"you are #####1 useless" ?

I would be amazed if anyone hasn't groaned out loud or shouted something when keith has been involved.

There's a difference in moaning when someone messes up and booing when a certain player is passed to.

Booing with all that's going on is only counter productive.

I'll wager there isn't a single person on hear who doesn't hate the boss at work who always has a go at you even though you've done your best and could do no more. Now we can all go on beating him with a stick in the vain hope that it will make him more determined or driven to prove us wrong, but given he's been here for 2.5 years and beating him hasn't worked?

I know he's not the best player he frustrates the hell out of me at times, but if he's on the pitch and people start booing it can really only harm the team and consequently the result if he's playing. Just as we expect the players to perform in times of personal trouble and when things look like going south, so should the players expect us to help out with our with our role, support. Especially now.

Regardless of feelings or opinions one thing should be absolutely evident to all of us after all that has gone on with Keith and that is it really effects him & negatively. I was very vocal about 'watergate' and I still feel he should have controlled himself better, but it clearly shows that the booing really hurts and effects him. Confidence & self-belief go a long way on the pitch and they can really only help in eliciting a positive performance from him.

Perhaps it's time to try encouraging him or at least refrain from booing him and seeing if when he's on the pitch it helps him perform better as we need all 11 players firing to pull off our desires. Would an un-booed Andrews have hit that last minute volley against spurs into the corner of the net? Who knows? But I do know confidence and self belief are highly related to performance and if the booing continues so will his poor performances.

Its all Keith Andrews fault we lost today, he was absolutely shocking and...oh no wait a sec, I'm in the wrong stupid witchhunt thread. Where's the one for Pedersen? He was diabolical today, especially his delivery off corners.

Pedersen is one echelon above Andrews in the shitstorm sweepstakes.

• Moderation Lead

Its all Keith Andrews fault we lost today, he was absolutely shocking and...oh no wait a sec, I'm in the wrong stupid witchhunt thread. Where's the one for Pedersen? He was diabolical today, especially his delivery off corners.

Pedersen has been poor for the last few games, I think he's probably as much of a marmite player as Andrews in a lot of ways.

I'm sick to death of talking about Andrews- he doesn't have much ability, and isn't good enough for the EPL, but booing him?

Very sad.

I recall a donkey from non-league, was it sutton, signed by Bobby Shafto.

Big lad up front. Dark Hair.

Never Boo-ed Him.

Remember Jon Millar away at Bradford.

One of the worst players I've seen in blue and white

Signed from Hearts I think.

But Julie!

Please. He's fantastic!

He marks space better than all the others. And pointing...brilliant.

• Backroom

Roberts has just posted this on his twitter:

JasonRoberts30 Jason Roberts

“@Jrezzz: @JasonRoberts30 Who's the biggest joker in the changing room?//Keith Andrews!

Followed by:

JasonRoberts30 Jason Roberts

“@elliejanefoy: @JasonRoberts30 @jrezzz joke on the pitch as well!!//When our Fans give a teammate stick they are affecting the whole team!

The booing has obviously been noted by the players

Archived