[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I thought late on we had quite a few chances!! <_<

Here are a few stats to PROVE you wrong...

Last 30 mins

177 passes 26.5% unsuccessful

7 shots 4 on target

19 tackles 13 won = 68%

8 interceptions

11 freekicks 5 won

1st 30 mins

120 passes 39.1% unsuccessful

6 shots 1 on target

31 tackles 17 won =54%

9 interceptions

7 free-kicks 3 won

stats can be manipulated whatever way you wanna read them, i could easily say that we made more passes in last 30 mins, more chance of losing ball, trying to find an equaliser, riskier passes perhaps, and i actually thought that we played well for the first part of the first half and last twenty mins or so, we had a spell just before the changes where we couldnt string three passes together

Booing Keith does no good at all. He's a pro and plays to his limits, which are blatantly obvious to us as well as him. He gave away the ball dangerously once yesterday, other than that he kept the ball and made himself available for passes constantly - he never stopped trying. I'll argue that N'Zonzi isn't a more constructive passer too. But he's young and foreign so people's vision are different.

Take into account that he has just been injured and that we deserved better from the game, a game where he could have been the hero had he equalised on the chance he got towards the end. Are people slagging off Samba for conceding the goal?

Next time imagine Andrews is a £5m Ireland international instead of a League 1 material Incy Wincy signing.

All said I don't think he's worthy a starting spot for a top 10 PL side, but to slag him off like some on here do is totally unecessary.

stats can be manipulated whatever way you wanna read them, i could easily say that we made more passes in last 30 mins, more chance of losing ball, trying to find an equaliser, riskier passes perhaps

:wacko: So we took more risks & had a higher chance of error - but we made more passes, and found our man more often that the first 30 mins!?!

The riskiest pass was the one Andrews made in the middle of our half and gave Spurs a chance to score a 2nd. And all he was trying to do was pass sideways/ backwards as usual!

Im sorry but I just want the BEST for my team...Keith Andrews is a handicap.

Booing Keith does no good at all. He's a pro and plays to his limits, which are blatantly obvious to us as well as him. He gave away the ball dangerously once yesterday, other than that he kept the ball and made himself available for passes constantly - he never stopped trying. I'll argue that N'Zonzi isn't a more constructive passer too. But he's young and foreign so people's vision are different.

Take into account that he has just been injured and that we deserved better from the game, a game where he could have been the hero had he equalised on the chance he got towards the end. Are people slagging off Samba for conceding the goal?

Next time imagine Andrews is a £5m Ireland international instead of a League 1 material Incy Wincy signing.

All said I don't think he's worthy a starting spot for a top 10 PL side, but to slag him off like some on here do is totally unecessary.

spot on ( apart from the 5 million lol)

As soon as the booing started I commented that Andrews would not be subbed. Kean would have to be a complete idiot to let that sort of mass stupidity succeed. Only Hell freezing over or him breaking both legs would have seen me take him off from that point on.

btw Andrews is not up to it in the Prem. Why he was chosen in front of proper players like Grella, N'Zonzi and Pederson is a mystery known only to Kean, Ince and Allardyce cos they all persisted in playing him. All I can think is that he must play like Zidane or Messi down at Brockhall.

Andrews was not good enough but never, ever should a player be booed. After Jones went off and Dunn went off, Andrews actually played pretty well. All of the midfield, up to that point, passed the ball like they didn't know each other. Following the substitutions and once the team had settled, the passing became much more precise and incisive. I'm not singleing Andrews out for criticism when the rest of them were poor. That is unfair and, frankly, most of the people who do need to look at their own preconceptions. I'll be glad when the Jones is up to speed and our new Old Boy is ready. I would like to see him on the bench for the next game. I'd like to see Andrews on the bench but I expect he will play.

He gave away the ball dangerously once yesterday, other than that he kept the ball and made himself available for passes constantly - he never stopped trying. I'll argue that N'Zonzi isn't a more constructive passer too. But he's young and foreign so people's vision are different.

He has more quality on the ball & gets more involved - simple

64th min on....

NZonzi – 21 passes, 1 failed

Andrews – 18 passes, 4 failed – one which Tottenham could have scored from

As soon as the booing started I commented that Andrews would not be subbed. Kean would have to be a complete idiot to let that sort of mass stupidity succeed. Only Hell freezing over or him breaking both legs would have seen me take him off from that point on.

btw Andrews is not up to it in the Prem. Why he was chosen in front of proper players like Grella, N'Zonzi and Pederson is a mystery known only to Kean, Ince and Allardyce cos they all persisted in playing him. All I can think is that he must play like Zidane or Messi down at Brockhall.

PedersEn can't hack it as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation, 4-5-1/4-3-3 he does ok. Kean possibly felt Grella and Z'Zonzi would be covering the same spaces that J. Jones does, Andrews tries to support the frontmen a little more often.

64th min on....

Fair enough, I only remember one or two forward passes from N'Zonzi though - he usually prefers to pass it sideways.

Do you have a link to stats from the game btw?

It's not good to hear players getting stick, but Andrews should not have been playing and put in that position, especially as he's been out for so long injured.

If he was a great play maker that we had been waiting to return I could understand it, but he is Championship level player at best and offers nothing going forward and very little defensively.

He very rarely puts a foot in, just jockeys in front of players even when there is cover behind, rather than getting into players and making them hurry their passes.

I really thought we were moving in the right direction under Kean and yes didn't play bad yesterday, but a great opportunity to beat a weakened Spurs team was lost.

Playing Andrews felt like a step back to me and I think we are better than that.

Its just not fair to anyone to play him anymore. He never was Premier league quality and he never will be. He can't do ANYTHING at Premier league standard. Its not right to boo him but there's no way of stopping him other than dropping him completely. No good having him as sub, he'd be booed as he ran on and would contribute nothing.

The fans have had it with him and there's no going back.

It appears Ince, Kean, Sam, Trappatoni and Hodgson are all wrong and a minority of idiots at Ewood know more than the above (Ince maybe ;) )

I hate football fans sometimes. Can you imagine this happening in any other sport? I'm not sure

Its the rebirth of Jonnolad! :tu:

I didn't think he looked too bad last night, with a bit mroe luck and angle on the shot he could have got us a late winner... yes I know im clutching at straws.

i don't rate Keef, but I've never booed him as it's not going to all of a sudden turn him into steven gerrard.

I do however wonder why so may managers have continued to pick him. He's a regular for his Country and our last 3 managers have all played him. I wonder why this is happening. Is it a confidence thing, does he look good in training and then fall apart on the pitch once the booes start ringing around. I just don't get it.

64th min on....

You can make stats say anything.

N/Zonzi passing

Andrews passing

Only seven passes from N'Zonzi were completed in the Spurs half (you know, the one where their goal is). The majority of Keith's were intended for a recepient in their half. Andrews is therefore playing more difficult balls into more dangerous areas. The chalkboard also shows that Andrews is more positive in terms of passing forwards.

I'm not arguing that he's a quality player but it's plain wrong to have a go at him for his performance last night. In fact if all the players weren't identifiable there's no way that people would be pointing out Andrews' performance as the worst.

I've just posted on the game thread about my absolute disgust at our so called fans booing one player relentlessly, no matter what he did. On any objective measure he was far from our worst player tonight, yet he was getting blamed for others' mistakes time and again. If certain players give the ball away there is at most a slight groan but you know that if Andrews had done it there were be pandemonium.

100% correct. Keith was far from out worst player last night that award must go to Jones and in his place Nzonzi, whom I still believe is the most overrated player ro ever wear blue and white.

The booing of Andrews is a prime example of the narrow minded idiots who appear to have taken over the BBE in recent seasons and is the main reason I moved to the Darwen End.

I met Keith last night and I have to say that as a person is one of the nicest footballers I have ever met.

One last point I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really give a damn what the idiots who booed him think as he'll still get paid at the end of the week, but to continue to single him out when other should carry a far higher burden of blame is unbelievable.

One last point I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really give a damn what the idiots who booed him think as he'll still get paid at the end of the week, but to continue to single him out when other should carry a far higher burden of blame is unbelievable.

So you missed the incident with the fan from last season bg?

Totally agree with regard to the booing and condemnation though against one of our players be it Andrews or anybody else - totally out of order.

It appears Ince, Kean, Sam, Trappatoni and Hodgson are all wrong and a minority of idiots at Ewood know more than the above (Ince maybe ;) )

I hate football fans sometimes. Can you imagine this happening in any other sport? I'm not sure

Hear, hear!

What he did quite well last night was not let Spurs players settle on the ball and build a rhythm. If he saw a Spurs player unmarked he sprinted back to pick him up. He can’t tackle that well so he just stands up to a player and tries to make him play a bad pass.

Not comparing the two but Savage used to jump in front of a player to make him miss place a pass rather than tackle.

I cannot believe Dunny gets away with running forwards then just watching then opposition counter attack without tracking back. Dunny gets away with it as he is a ‘local lad’ but in all honesty if Man U came in he’d be off like a shot.............

For me part of the reason we can play Dunn, Olsson and Hoilett is because of players like Andrews and MGP who are prepared to put a shift in and cover them.

Keith can never win now though as it’s now become sheep mentality. It’s almost acceptable to boo Andrews so people do, just because they can and get away with it. As I said, I actually heard people moan when he did something well as it meant they didn’t get the chance to boo him.

If Keith had been subbed I’d have stood up and applauded him and in doing so would have got abused for applauding my own player. Which makes me laugh as those booing claim they have a right to vent their feelings, yet when I put mine across in support of a player the very same people supporting 'free speech at Ewood' I'm not allowed to........think that shows the mentality of the majority of people who boo him :wacko:

Archived