BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

I would have thought that all you need to do if you're in a hurry is to have a piece of paper with you with all the numbers on. Just say you need to get on and ask them to post the numbers to the right records later.

As those with letters will have seen, the club has asked for cash not to be sent in the post. At the Fans Forum on Tuesday we checked and they were not planning to take cash or cheques at all. After we asked them they have agreed to take cash at the ticket office (but not in the post). If you do that you will get a receipt for your cash on the spot but no tickets - they will be distributed as ouytlined in the letter in w/c 15th March. You can also pay by cheque, in the post or at the ticket office.

Cheers for that.

Was there a minuted meeting of January's fans forum posted, havent seen one on the club website.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for that.

Was there a minuted meeting of January's fans forum posted, havent seen one on the club website.

Should have been, but I've just looked and you're right - it's not there. Lee must have forgotten - I'll get him to sort it. Next one from Tuesday should be up beginning of next week.

Should have been, but I've just looked and you're right - it's not there. Lee must have forgotten - I'll get him to sort it. Next one from Tuesday should be up beginning of next week.

My apologies to Lee - I forgot to copy him in on an email!

No-one likes a moaner, far be it from me to criticise the club and the almighty database - ITS ALL MY FAULT, UNDERSTOOD.

So look the lesson is learn't....

I've got my clip board ordered for next season, we will have round robin system or more likely we will segregate the team into sub-groups with a suitabley divesified portfolio of ticket buying responsibilties to lighten the load and maximise our chances for all those potentially high demand fixtures. I will also set up a text messaging reminder service for the group with our soon to be unified mobile phone / data asssitant provider.

Everyone will have a copy of everyone else's season ticket numbers and postcodes, I would circulate my A4 peice of paper from the clip board (copies of course) but fear that may get lost or forgottern, I think I will have to commission an online database that way we all have access remotely to the data and can link our purchases so that we are provided with real time elgibilty data... or do you think I'm reinventing the wheel?

I could also use my clipboard at matches for collating standing offenders seat numbers.. weed out a few more away fans, increase our chances.

Its a shame no-one can find any of the examples of fantastic comunication outside of this board, perhaps you have to be bought up in Blackburn where the club database and how its managed is just part and parcel of the local folklore.

Looking at your numbers Tris's, thosands of people must be affected (even with many of those being one-offs). Perhaps more people aren't 'flooding' the board becuase those affected are not the typical clip board carrying, database savvy, i-phone, sling box using, SQL experts and message board chimps that frequent this place - As I've said: It might not be representative of the 'typical' Blackburn Rovers Supporter!

Just a thought.

No-one likes a moaner, far be it from me to criticise the club and the almighty database - ITS ALL MY FAULT, UNDERSTOOD.

So look the lesson is learn't....

I've got my clip board ordered for next season, we will have round robin system or more likely we will segregate the team into sub-groups with a suitabley divesified portfolio of ticket buying responsibilties to lighten the load and maximise our chances for all those potentially high demand fixtures. I will also set up a text messaging reminder service for the group with our soon to be unified mobile phone / data asssitant provider.

Everyone will have a copy of everyone else's season ticket numbers and postcodes, I would circulate my A4 peice of paper from the clip board (copies of course) but fear that may get lost or forgottern, I think I will have to commission an online database that way we all have access remotely to the data and can link our purchases so that we are provided with real time elgibilty data... or do you think I'm reinventing the wheel?

I could also use my clipboard at matches for collating standing offenders seat numbers.. weed out a few more away fans, increase our chances.

Its a shame no-one can find any of the examples of fantastic comunication outside of this board, perhaps you have to be bought up in Blackburn where the club database and how its managed is just part and parcel of the local folklore.

Looking at your numbers Tris's, thosands of people must be affected (even with many of those being one-offs). Perhaps more people aren't 'flooding' the board becuase those affected are not the typical clip board carrying, database savvy, i-phone, sling box using, SQL experts and message board chimps that frequent this place - As I've said: It might not be representative of the 'typical' Blackburn Rovers Supporter!

Just a thought.

Cheer up matey, it's not all bad. You've taken this all to heart a bit. When the dingles get promoted again (best give it 50 years or so) you can go to that one.

Love the post Oscar. I've been trying to find the original information on this matter:

From the Fans Forum minutes 10th August 2009:

5. Arrangements for Burnley Games

TF stated that the club had had its first meeting with Burnley and the police about the upcoming games but that they were unable to make any announcement at this stage.

Burnley had announced that they would segregate their stand with both home and away fans and that building work to make this happen was being done. It was understandable from their perspective. As a result Rovers would be given 2,400 tickets for the game at Turf Moor.

No decision had yet been made about how the Darwen End would be used for the home game with Burnley, beyond the fact that Burnley would be entitled to at least 3,000 tickets under Premier League rules. A decision would be made in the next two weeks.

For the away game, there would need to be an allocation process for the 2,400 tickets. Whilst exact details had not yet been worked out, they would be allocated to season tickets holders only, on the basis of attendance at away matches.

There was also some concern from Forum members about security at the reserve game with Burnley at Accrington in early September. TF stated that the Police were still reviewing the matter but at the moment there were no special plans. The club would, however, be ready to apply special arrangements such as ticketing if asked by Burnley or the police.

++++++++++++++++

On 3rd September the club announced our allocation would be 2,400 tickets but didn't give details of any qualifying criteria. Since then there has been nothing on the club site till 18th February. I certainly knew it would be necessary to have a good away history to get Burnley tickets, how good was only ever going to be known near to the match. I'd expected to need five to be certain.

So will there be home fans next to us at Turd Moor?!

Yes - we've known that since the beginning of the season when Burnley sold season tickets in half of the stand. You can see why they did it - otherwise they would have had half empty stands when playing teams like Fulham and Portsmouth. They only need to give away teams 10% of their capacity, so 2,400 is more than they have to give us. There is apparently a wall between the two sections on the "concourse".

Yes - we've known that since the beginning of the season when Burnley sold season tickets in half of the stand. You can see why they did it - otherwise they would have had half empty stands when playing teams like Fulham and Portsmouth. They only need to give away teams 10% of their capacity, so 2,400 is more than they have to give us. There is apparently a wall between the two sections on the "concourse".

I do remember that yes, but wondered if they would move them for our game.

Oooooh that could be fun!

Archived