BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

Just out of interest, do you feel that you've had value-for-money?

yes and no tbh

chelsea away paid 48 quid for ticket lose 5-0 not so happy

but then paid £110 quid for chelsea in the cup at home (ticket, hotel, petrol, spending moneys) and i would have said 200 quid was value for money that day!

so id say yes and no

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my Wonka-esque golden ticket letter today, and I haven't been away once this season. :blink: They must just know I'm worth it.

According to our records, someone has purchased 2 away tickets for Hull and Wigan and allocated one ticket against your record- hence why you've been sent a letter for the Burnley ticket.

• Backroom

Looking through the thread its incredible to see how many of the really regular posters are not going or do not qualify because they have not been to enough or any away games.Now not aiming this at anyone going or trying to go BUT despite it being a horrendous season for Away matches and results most fans should have been to at least TWO !

I am working away full-time at the moment and only used my Season ticket for 5 home matches but even I have been to 4 away matches. So in my Lancashire post-box will lie my Application form,which will not be opened til March 31st when i am back for Easter(no matches!). I am desperate to go but cannot-surely the obvious reaction of any fan whatever the rigmarole to get there.

Best wishes to those motivated/lucky enough to go. And nothing to the Internet warriors/complainers.

what a load of sh1te who are you to say what other people should do?

As Gav said the way we approach away games hasn't warranted spending my money on when I've got more important ways to use the money.

Sorry we can't all be as good a fan as you are. I've been to one away game (and it proved a good call as we havnt won away apart from that one) and as such won't get a ticket but you won't see me complaining about that.

The big clubs are different - they have massive support and they often come from much less deprived areas than Darwen/ Blackburn. A large number of their away fans are also fairly local to the club they are playing too, as they have fans all over....also a £30 or £40 ticket isnt as much to a Londoner who earns 30k as to the northerner who might earn 21k doing the exact same job....so again its difficult to compare

They also have a large number of fans who attend, purely because they believe they will see the club win something - again something which is unlikely at a club like Rovers. So people jump on the bandwagon so to speak (It was the same when we were top dogs) & the away support increases.....You want an example?! City - sold out for the 1st time in years at Ewood this time!

Pre-season as your holiday....thats ok for you, but most have families or missus that may prefer to go somewhere else...

ok big clubs might be alittle bit different due to their big citys but what about everton who take a good following everywhere even newcastle and sunderland ?

I understand your 2nd point and you have answered my initial question I think!

and Croatia was lovely lol nearly got killed at the game by their fans if I weren’t careful ( met the people I did ) !

I think preseason is a great way of going to places you wouldn’t normally go and seeing abit more to the world than the usual ( Spain, Greece holidays)

My reasons why I dont go to "many" away games anymore.

Manure - worst ground for visiting supporters, overpriced and the steards are nothing but scum. I refuse to pay them any of my hard earned cash.

Chelsea - too expensive to watch us take a drubbing everytime, a trip down the smoke costs a nice £150 for a day out.

Arsenal - ditto.

Spurs - ditto.

City - didnt go this year and wont go again - haven for miscreants.

Villa - going down the too expensive path, been there wont go again.

Liverpool - been a regular visitor as I enjoy my beers around Matthews Street - as with Everton - now another expensive day out.

Bolton - always go.

Burnley - not a game I am willing to miss ever.

Hull - shed of a place but enjoyed the beers. Wont venture again because they wont be here !

Pompy - despite the distance, I enjoy the place being ex-RN. Shed of a ground and will be going later this season.

Wolves - will be going, enjoy the Midlands beer - free of course.

Stoke - wont go again horrible place.

Fulham - again expensive trip down south and have been there 9 times, wont bother again.

Wham - horrible place wont go again.

Brum - will go despite it being "ruff and ready".

Sundelrand - will go again as we normally take the points !

Wigan - horrible joint to get to and park but will go again.

The cost of ana way day out is rising faster than inflation !!

i have always said we should charge away fan what they charge us!

problem being with that is your not allowed to sell a ticket in with the same views ect at a different price ie, blackburn end 30 quid darwen end 40 quid for away fans!

ps we paid £32 quid for ticket at arsenal! and we will be charging them £35 quid when they come to us ;)

rovers are getting around this by doing the offers they are in the darwen end

i have always said we should charge away fan what they charge us!

problem being with that is your not allowed to sell a ticket in with the same views ect at a different price ie, blackburn end 30 quid darwen end 40 quid for away fans!

Blackburn End lower is full of ST holders....

Membership Scheme to knock £5/£10 off the cost of a ticket.... these are all doable, and within the rules - All we need is a free quivalent of "One United" - even they knock a fiver off home tickets to charge away fans more!

My point is being mis-construed...and its not sh**te and I am not being disrespectful.

Even if going away is depressing (Fulham away this season) or distressing (Wigan away last season) surely a fan goes to 2 in a season

just out of renewed hope and does not give up completely. I know that only Bolton away was only worth going to but a fan travels in hope.

And not just hang about on this web-site. To need only 2 Away matches for this match is pathetic...most of our London supporters will have

much more than this.All the matches were not 40 quid.And forgive me if you cannot afford to go as well as your season ticket BUT we have 19,000

Season ticket holders.

Even if going away is depressing (Fulham away this season) or distressing (Wigan away last season) surely a fan goes to 2 in a season

My dad is the biggest Rovers fan I know, but he doesn't go to games these days.

From the mid 60's until the late 80's he hardly missed a game, and even went to reserve away games on occasions!

So that statement is complete rubbish mhead.

View Post78, on 24 February 2010 - 13:06 PM, said:

According to our records, someone has purchased 2 away tickets for Hull and Wigan and allocated one ticket against your record- hence why you've been sent a letter for the Burnley ticket.

Sorry but how the hell do you know this please?

I work for the marketing dept- is the information posted above, right?

• Backroom

My point is being mis-construed...and its not sh**te and I am not being disrespectful.

just out of renewed hope and does not give up completely. I know that only Bolton away was only worth going to but a fan travels in hope.

And not just hang about on this web-site. To need only 2 Away matches for this match is pathetic...most of our London supporters will have

much more than this.All the matches were not 40 quid.And forgive me if you cannot afford to go as well as your season ticket BUT we have 19,000

Season ticket holders.

Fair enough, as it goes I could afford to go away but for the enjoyment on offer I would rather put that bit extra towards a holiday with the wife than a day out with the lads these days, especially when some of them run into 3 digits a time

View Post78, on 24 February 2010 - 13:06 PM, said:

I work for the marketing dept- is the information posted above, right?

The info may or may not be correct, my point is how would you know based on a user posting on a message board?

Archived