BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

Try giving examples of where those of us with a life outside of this message board should have seen the 'rules' instead of insults. Common sense would have been to ask for No's at the ticket office. If I buy 13 away tickets 19 times a season I expect 13 dingle tickets thats more common sense for you. Pillock.

But how is the ticket office to know it is for the same thirteen fans each time?

Sambo, I know your love of standing, but when is it going to get through to you that officially it isn't allowed? It won't bother me for this match, for as far as I know we will be at the front, but could you please explain to me why someone who has bought a ticket for a seat should not be allowed to sit in it without their view being obstructed if they so wish? Some folks are extremely rude when asked pleasantly if they would mind not obstructing someone else's view and there's no need for it.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I agree with someone who posted above. This is for the real fans only, who will stand up and sing for 90 minutes, not the sit down brigade who go just to 'enjoy the game'. A voiciferous away end could spur the team on. I for one will be on top singing form for this one, we're the 12th man. If I see any Rovers fan (non disabled) sat down I'll be disappointed.

Don't be a tit, of course the atmosphere will be electric and rightly so but if some people would rather sit and watch the game does that make them less of a fan than you just because you stand? Some of them will have been going to the rovers three times as long as you.

As for me if I was going I'd stand and sing my heart out all day but that besides the point.

Off topic but if anyone goes on the official boards there's a thread about Hooligans and the attitudes of some of the teens on there is mad, they seem to think that 'times are a changing' and they invented drinking at football games and having a shout

(God listen to me I'm only 25 :wacko: )

Edit: Oh and Happy Birthday Sambo just seen that :P

Like? Feel free to provide examples, Adverts? Tanoy announcements? Half time on the big screen? Nobody at the ticket office ever said anything when buying away tickets - surely this would have been the single most effective way to inform fans of this situation?

People who have attended far less away games than me get to go to the Turd because I didn't read the fans formum comments on an unoffcial club message board? Is that what you are suggesting?

You clearly knew, why is this? Ever thought if you weren't the clubs mouthpiece and chief defender (behind Hughesy of course) you might have missed it as well?

Database what a joke, at least with stubs you knew where you stood. They knew what they were doing, they advertised to the fans they wanted at the Burnley (the sit down, silent, flask carrying, timid program buying minority) not the big groups of lads who take it turns buying tickets. How easy would it have been to ask for account numbers all season?

I've jumped through every hoop for a ticket, spent hundreds if not thousands doing it, only to be shafted by the computer system.

Souless Pr£mi£r L£agu£ football through and through.

Try giving examples of where those of us with a life outside of this message board should have seen the 'rules' instead of insults. Common sense would have been to ask for No's at the ticket office. If I buy 13 away tickets 19 times a season I expect 13 dingle tickets thats more common sense for you. Pillock.

If you're so loyal and so clever you'll get a ticket. The TO have gone out of their way to make sure account numbers have been matched to away sales all season, only complete idiots would have got to February and not cottoned on. Pillock.

I've jumped through every hoop for a ticket, spent hundreds if not thousands doing it, only to be shafted by the computer system.

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. Every hoop??? Why didn't you try reading and thinking before joining the circus and throwing your money away?

Like? Feel free to provide examples, Adverts? Tanoy announcements? Half time on the big screen? Nobody at the ticket office ever said anything when buying away tickets - surely this would have been the single most effective way to inform fans of this situation?

People who have attended far less away games than me get to go to the Turd because I didn't read the fans formum comments on an unoffcial club message board? Is that what you are suggesting?

You clearly knew, why is this? Ever thought if you weren't the clubs mouthpiece and chief defender (behind Hughesy of course) you might have missed it as well?

Database what a joke, at least with stubs you knew where you stood. They knew what they were doing, they advertised to the fans they wanted at the Burnley (the sit down, silent, flask carrying, timid program buying minority) not the big groups of lads who take it turns buying tickets. How easy would it have been to ask for account numbers all season?

Souless Pr£mi£r L£agu£ football through and through.

I think Tris has already said very succinctly what I think about this post but given you have made some personal comments about me I'll have another go at explaining the bleeding obvious.

The club made it perfectly clear what you had to do to get tickets for the Burnley game, including making sure that your away ticket purchases were registered against your account number. There were pages of comments on here discussing what the policy would be and me and plenty of others saying what you would have to do. If you had spoken at any stage to the ticket office they would have told you what you needed to do. Clearly going to Burnley was important to you so you're asking me to believe that you made no effort to find out what to do? You say you go with a big group - none of them thought to check either?

It's true that I'm secretary of the Fans Forum - I make no secret about it. Why that makes me the club's mouthpiece and deputy defender I have no idea. I post on here some of the things that are discussed at the Forum so that they get a bigger audience of fans because I realise that only a minority will read a set of minutes. Obviously when doing this I'm often putting the club's point of view because I'm reporting what they said but it doesn't mean that it's always my point of view as well.

The policy for allocating tickets for the Burnley game was a big issue for many of us on the Forum and we wanted to make sure that the most loyal fans got tickets. We talked about it in September and the club outlined their policy - check the minutes of 15th September meeting - which we were all very happy with. It seemed straightforward and fair.

I don't know if it is the case for everyone, but my online account history seems to only show tickets I have bought over the phone and not those that I bought in person.

Reading this thread there seems to be quite a discrepancy between the online "MY History" and the "My What I Really Did." I always book our away tickets by phone and give the ST numbers. I know we qualify but decided to check online to be certain only to find only Wigan and Bolton show in My History. I phoned the TO to be sure we qualify and ask why Villa, City and Utd away aren't in the history. The TO lady confirmed we qualify but didn't have an answer about the history.

TBH I've only successfully used the online booking for our STs any other time I've tried to use it I simply get a message saying there "No Events Available." I don't trust the online system which is why I always call up. Shame because it must cost Rovers a lot of money to set up and even more to maintain when it isn't being used by those who would like to use it.

Ive just logged into my one rovers account and there is only 1 purchase. the hibs pre season.

the rest have been done giving season ticket number to tick office over the phone.

They changed my season ticket number biginning of the season, who knows where wigan, birmingham, bolton, everton, west ham man ure are ?

call to ticket office me thinks. I suspect it will be messy for a few people.

Ive just logged into my one rovers account and there is only 1 purchase. the hibs pre season.

the rest have been done giving season ticket number to tick office over the phone.

They changed my season ticket number biginning of the season, who knows where wigan, birmingham, bolton, everton, west ham man ure are ?

call to ticket office me thinks. I suspect it will be messy for a few people.

a few other people have had this but the ticket office themselves have the correct details. the rovers account seems suspect. ring to check anyway for piece of mind but you should be fine.

a few other people have had this but the ticket office themselves have the correct details. the rovers account seems suspect. ring to check anyway for piece of mind but you should be fine.

There is a problem with the online system not recording all ticket purchases. It was highlighted a month or tow ago and I think i posted such earlier on this thread. As far as I'm aware the ticket office has had the right information in all cases, but if anyone knows different please let me know as there's a fans Forum tomorrow night where it can be raised.

There is a problem with the online system not recording all ticket purchases. It was highlighted a month or tow ago and I think i posted such earlier on this thread. As far as I'm aware the ticket office has had the right information in all cases, but if anyone knows different please let me know as there's a fans Forum tomorrow night where it can be raised.

I'm confident I don't have a problem with the history the TO hold for me but I feel it could be worth raising questions about the online system. As I posted earlier I really don't have much confidence in the system and have only used it to buy STs. A shame because I would prefer to buy online. The issues I have, and this may be a lack of knowledge on my part:

1. It would be far simpler to have a log in name, e-mail address perhaps, as I can never recall the account number and I don't carry the STs around with me.

2. I know My History is incorrect and it would be good to understand why

3. There are never, or so it seems, any tickets available to purchase. Now I can imagine this is to "control" sales of away tickets but if the system is to truely work they should be there. For instance I've half a mind to go to Liverpool next weekend and had the tickets shown as available yesterday I would have booked, this morning I'm now undecided partly because I've discovered I don't need these to qualify for Burnley away. As an ST holder I'd expect to always have the opportunity to buy extra home tickets but there is no apparent facility. I can buy tickets for david Speedie in Blues.

4. The "coming soon" banner for Chelsea at home covers up part of My History meaning I can't see the whole thing

Overall I don't have a lot of faith in the online booking system. If the club want to reduce TO costs by encouraging us to book online surely the system needs to be clear and simple? My own experience is once I'm looking at a ticket event on a website I'm very likley to purchase, especially if I'm feeling a little undecided about going, seeing the tickets are available is the push to making the decision

"1. It would be far simpler to have a log in name, e-mail address perhaps, as I can never recall the account number and I don't carry the STs around with me."

Now i am worried, my online reference isn't my season ticket number. Should it be?

"1. It would be far simpler to have a log in name, e-mail address perhaps, as I can never recall the account number and I don't carry the STs around with me."

Now i am worried, my online reference isn't my season ticket number. Should it be?

Don't know. I have a four digit account number given to us years ago when the new BBE was built. I always thought this was my ST account number - it's on my ST.

I'm confident I don't have a problem with the history the TO hold for me but I feel it could be worth raising questions about the online system.

Overall I don't have a lot of faith in the online booking system. If the club want to reduce TO costs by encouraging us to book online surely the system needs to be clear and simple?

I'll try and help as (since raising this at the FF a couple of months back) I've had some dialogue with the club on the subject.

Firstly and most importantly, the system does record all allocations and they are all visible to the club on the back-office system, so people shouldn't worry about not seeing some of their away games on their OneRovers "history".

What happens when a transaction is made for multiple tickets is - the transaction is logged against the account of the person paying for the tickets. The other tickets are allocated against the accounts of the people who will use them (as requested by the buyer), but these allocations can't be seen via OneRovers. OneRovers shows a buying history, not an attendance history.

However, what we've found, is that sometimes the "master" transaction gets logged against the wrong account, ie not the account of the person handing over the credit card. If you can't see an expected transaction, then ask the other people you bought tickets for to check their OneRovers history.

I have suggested that in the short term they put some guidance on OneRovers to clarify what is actually made visible by clicking "history" so people don't panic and have to ring the TO.

Longer term, personally I still think that people would want to see their full attendance history rather than only seeing the transactions they have paid for, and doing that would make better use of OneRovers - but that's up to BRFC and their systems.

Thank God someone's on the same wavelength as me!!!

I'm just perplexed by the attitude of some, it's BURNLEY away!

ps Be nice, it's my 18th today :rover:

Its always your birthday, were you not 18 last week? ;):lol: just joking, happy birthday mate.

Paul,

Please find the answers to your questions regarding www.onerovers.co.uk.

1. It would be far simpler to have a log in name, e-mail address perhaps, as I can never recall the account number and I don't carry the STs around with me.

In a few months there will be a new version of the onerovers.co.uk which will offer multiple log in methods however, every method has its problems and account number and password ensures that you are logging onto the correct account. Some families have the same email address for all family members. If the a forgotten password request is issued the system might not send the correct password for the desired account.

When only one member number is provided the system will allocate this to both Master and Memno.

When more than one member number is given, unless instructed otherwise by the operator, the system will allocate the Master to the first member to be entered.

The ticket office is instructed to collect as much information about the allocation of tickets as possible at every opportunity, particularly for the allocation of tickets to other members.

The view of history for each member is different online to the ticket office. Although Onerovers.co.uk uses the exact same information from the same database as the ticket office, it only shows season tickets or membership assigned to the member (regardless of the purchaser) and then the purchase history made with that member number as the Master record. It DOES NOT show any assigned tickets in this view. This is due to the facility to print off the receipts online and we cannot allow a receipt to be printed to anyone other than the purchaser for security reasons.

Any ticket allocation counts are based on the allocated ticket view, so if we need to restrict sales based on a ticket allocation it is based on the number of tickets allocated and not purchase history.

3. There are never, or so it seems, any tickets available to purchase. Now I can imagine this is to "control" sales of away tickets but if the system is to truely work they should be there. For instance I've half a mind to go to Liverpool next weekend and had the tickets shown as available yesterday I would have booked, this morning I'm now undecided partly because I've discovered I don't need these to qualify for Burnley away. As an ST holder I'd expect to always have the opportunity to buy extra home tickets but there is no apparent facility. I can buy tickets for david Speedie in Blues.

Currently there are only home games available via onerovers.co.uk and today there aren’t any on sale. Regardless of season ticket holder status if you are eligible, you will be able to buy home tickets. Eligibility is based on previous home game attendance. Next season it is planned to increase the functionality of onerovers.co.uk to include away ticket sales and away travel.

4. The "coming soon" banner for Chelsea at home covers up part of My History meaning I can't see the whole thing

This will be resolved in the new site and is only the oldest ticket information history.

78: "This is due to the facility to print off the receipts online and we cannot allow a receipt to be printed to anyone other than the purchaser for security reasons."

So why have tickets I know I purchased, and I always give me customer number first, been allocated to my mate?

78: A question I have been trying to get answered for some time now and no-one seems to have a clue... on OneRovers it never shows rows 1-3 in the Riverside as being available when infact some of the seats are... it's annoying because I sit near the front and can't check what's available near me when I want to take along family/friends.

I'm getting a little bit more optimistic about this game as time goes on.

I just realised we should actually going to have a goalscorer playing this time round, providing he doesn't get injured/suspended.

And perhaps a fit dunn and a fit basturk to choose from.

And then the whole, ya know, the whole Burnley aren't good enough to be in the Premiership thing.

78: "This is due to the facility to print off the receipts online and we cannot allow a receipt to be printed to anyone other than the purchaser for security reasons."

So why have tickets I know I purchased, and I always give me customer number first, been allocated to my mate?

If you pm me your customer reference number, I'll have a look into it.

78: A question I have been trying to get answered for some time now and no-one seems to have a clue... on OneRovers it never shows rows 1-3 in the Riverside as being available when infact some of the seats are... it's annoying because I sit near the front and can't check what's available near me when I want to take along family/friends.

The reason for this is that the first few rows of seats in the Riverside is uncovered and in the event of adverse weather conditions- those seated in these seats may be affected- we have decided not to sell them online, just incase someone who hasn't been to Ewood Park isn't aware of this. For the same reason, we don't sell seats online with restricted views in the Riverside. These seats can only be purchased on the phone or at the Ticket Office, where a member of staff will advise them when wishing to purchase these seats.

Archived