BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm eligible, but wouldn't go if THEY paid ME.

Why not?

Burnley away is the biggest game any Rovers fan could ever want to attend.

I've never missed one in my life and i dont intend on missing this one.

You ever get over to Ibrox?

Good, we don't want any 'sit down I can't see' whingers in attendance for this one.

If you can't stand up for 90 minutes, don't buy a ticket.

So disabled fans aren't allowed? That's a bit wrong, mate! They should be, but Stadia should place the disabled areas more appropriately. it is not the fault of ANY fan.

If the arrangements from the last visit still apply, the PAs get to sit in plastic garden chairs at the front with the wheelchair supporters they are accompanying... Good job I'm on a diet otherwise there could be a calamity :blink:

Guest andrewpickup

like Gav also been offered 2 tickets in the Bob Lord Stand....and yes I will be taking these up.

there will be 100's and 100's of Rovers all over the Dingle Dome!

I may have a dingles bob lord season ticket. Hope it kicks off!!! Away end will be moron central

Why not?

Burnley away is the biggest game any Rovers fan could ever want to attend.

I've never missed one in my life and i dont intend on missing this one.

You ever get over to Ibrox?

Once

One of the reasons I wouldn't go to this. Even at Rangers, where the derby is a regular thing, the atmosphere was poisonous.

I agree with someone who posted above. This is for the real fans only, who will stand up and sing for 90 minutes, not the sit down brigade who go just to 'enjoy the game'. A voiciferous away end could spur the team on. I for one will be on top singing form for this one, we're the 12th man. If I see any Rovers fan (non disabled) sat down I'll be disappointed.

This is for the real fans only, who will stand up and sing for 90 minutes, not the sit down brigade who go just to 'enjoy the game'.

No, this game is for the real fans who go home and away. The degree to which you are a 'real fan' of the club is not measured by how long you stand up for or how much you sing.

No, this game is for the real fans who go home and away. The degree to which you are a 'real fan' of the club is not measured by how long you stand up for or how much you sing.

Well I don't want fans there who will sit on their hands for 90 minutes.

If people can't get up for this one, I have no idea when they will!

Agreed. Standing at away games has never been a standard for judging how much of a supporter you are. I have bad back so standing for 90 minutes hurts a lot. Standing is also illegal in an all-seater stand. I still sit and sing.

Good job it's not upto you then!

Don't get me wrong, I'll be standing and singing as much as anyone but that doesn't make me or anybody else a real fan compared to somebody who doesn't. If you give up your time and money to follow Rovers around you deserve respect, regardless of whether you scream your lungs out all game.

Well thanks for the clarification on this and the other post.

I have now decided that as I'm not sure my knee is up to in excess of 90 minutes standing, nor do I particularly enjoy bellowing out inane 'songs', then I'm not a real fan and not welcome to this match. I'll also advise my friends with kids not to bother as they won't be able to see anything other the back of a spotty teenager rather than the pitch. Pity, as I'm sure they would like to be real fans of the future, but heh-ho, Sambo knows best.

Do I need your permission to go to Gillingham mid week in the Carling Cup? Or maybe you need to rubber stamp by season ticket application next year?

I agree with someone who posted above. This is for the real fans only, who will stand up and sing for 90 minutes, not the sit down brigade who go just to 'enjoy the game'. A voiciferous away end could spur the team on. I for one will be on top singing form for this one, we're the 12th man. If I see any Rovers fan (non disabled) sat down I'll be disappointed.

Sorry mate, disagree with that comment. A real fan is those, who makes a concerted effort to attend games. What about the other 37 games, why is it not a problem at those games if you dont stand and sing?

Been to the required number of games but probably not going as the tickets were bought by a mate and he doesn't have my account number.

I didn't see any publicity saying you must buy your own tickets to be eligible.

You don't have to buy your own tickets but there was plenty of publicity from very early in the season both from the club and on here that you needed to make sure that the ticket office had your account number against the games you were going to

Well thanks for the clarification on this and the other post.

I have now decided that as I'm not sure my knee is up to in excess of 90 minutes standing, nor do I particularly enjoy bellowing out inane 'songs', then I'm not a real fan and not welcome to this match. I'll also advise my friends with kids not to bother as they won't be able to see anything other the back of a spotty teenager rather than the pitch. Pity, as I'm sure they would like to be real fans of the future, but heh-ho, Sambo knows best.

Do I need your permission to go to Gillingham mid week in the Carling Cup? Or maybe you need to rubber stamp by season ticket application next year?

Haha, I think my 'real fan' comment got blown out of context.

I just think that in a derby people should be standing and singing - happens at any other credible derby in the UK. We'd get some right stick off the Dingles if our fans were sat down in the away end on derby day!

Most 'fans' will know exactly what you mean by your comment Sambo.The East Lancs derby is all about passion and expressing your dislike of the other side,to see your side win ugly or not is the only final result.

For those that will be there sing and make yourselves heard,spew the bile and hatred like it should be,the jealous Clarrott b'stards HATE us with a passion.....show them who is top dog on and off the pitch.

SEND THEM DOWN TO HELL!!!!

Some still think our rivals are Man utd tha knows! :P

Archived