BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking through the thread its incredible to see how many of the really regular posters are not going or do not qualify because they have not been to enough or any away games.Now not aiming this at anyone going or trying to go BUT despite it being a horrendous season for Away matches and results most fans should have been to at least TWO !

I am working away full-time at the moment and only used my Season ticket for 5 home matches but even I have been to 4 away matches. So in my Lancashire post-box will lie my Application form,which will not be opened til March 31st when i am back for Easter(no matches!). I am desperate to go but cannot-surely the obvious reaction of any fan whatever the rigmarole to get there.

Best wishes to those motivated/lucky enough to go. And nothing to the Internet warriors/complainers.

Looking through the thread its incredible to see how many of the really regular posters are not going or do not qualify because they have not been to enough or any away games.Now not aiming this at anyone going or trying to go BUT despite it being a horrendous season for Away matches and results most fans should have been to at least TWO !

I refuse to go away until the manager changes his attitudes towards away games, anyone at Stoke and Liverpool last season, that still follows us away, is a better man than I am.

But the burnley game is a different matter, as we all know.

So if anyone has a spare ticket I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Equally I'm not having a dig at you but I don't feel it's any surprise at all. If most regular home supporters went to at least two away games our travelling support would be huge over the season, averaging around 2,000 possibly 3,000. We all know it's nearer a 1,000. I think that 2400 have been at least twice is good but do wonder how many, including myself, made a special effort to notch up as many away games as possible in order to qualify. I thought it would be at least five, so I'm surprised in that sense.

I refuse to go away until the manager changes his attitudes towards away games, anyone at Stoke and Liverpool last season, that still follows us away, is a better man than I am.

But the burnley game is a different matter, as we all know.

So if anyone has a spare ticket I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

I completley understand you Gav.

It has pained me to go away this season, i have been to 6, only because of the Burnley game.

It is absolutly diabolical how we have performed and i do fear the worst at Burnley.

I to am quite surprised it is as little as two!!

with taking 5,000 to wigan, 4,000 ish to Bolton and villa, a sell out at Stoke and a couple of local games at united and everton! I am very surprised that it is 2+ !

just makes you wonder how many people like me have a season ticket and been to 15 away games,

is it just a fact that a lot of the people attending away games are non season ticket holders ?

why don’t our season ticket holders attend more away games?

why don’t our season ticket holders attend more away games?

Mainly due to money I think.....We pay £200 for our season ticket, that would get you around 5 games away if your lucky!

The likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal rip us off and most wont pay it!

Mainly due to money I think.....We pay £200 for our season ticket, that would get you around 5 games away if your lucky!

The likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal rip us off and most wont pay it!

Worse support at Utd i have ever seen this season. Over £40 for a ticket.

From going to most away games i only now go to a select few due to cost.

I completley understand you Gav.

It has pained me to go away this season, i have been to 6, only because of the Burnley game.

It is absolutly diabolical how we have performed and i do fear the worst at Burnley.

I don't deserve a ticket Will to be honest, but if you don't ask you don't get.

I must admit to being surprised that you only needed 2 away games, I thought 5 at least like many did, but I just couldn't bring myself to attend 5 away games after Stoke and Liverpool last season.

Now wish I'd gone to Bolton and Wigan.....

Worse support at Utd i have ever seen this season. Over £40 for a ticket.

From going to most away games i only now go to a select few due to cost.

Same here....I used to go to ALL away games...but not any more.

I could go on sunday to Liverpool, but I refuse to pay £80 for 2 tickets + travel costs!

I understand it costs a lot to go games!

iv keep a note of how much iv spent this season and atm iv spent £1190 attending every home game, £938 attending 15 away games, and £800 preseason in Croatia!

but if you really want to go you will pay money for it!

I love going rovers and follow them everywhere if it was £100 a ticket at united I would make sure I have 100 quid and I would be at united getting behind the lads but most importantly doing what I love best at the weekend going Rovers!

I understand it costs a lot to go games!

iv keep a note of how much iv spent this season and atm iv spent £1190 attending every home game, £938 attending 15 away games, and £800 preseason in Croatia!

but if you really want to go you will pay money for it!

I love going rovers and follow them everywhere if it was £100 a ticket at united I would make sure I have 100 quid and I would be at united getting behind the lads but most importantly doing what I love best at the weekend going Rovers!

Your obviously rich then and have very little else to pay for in life....? Do you not go on other holidays or have family/ missus/ kids to pay for?!

If I had attended United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool - it would cost me around £500 (2 tickets) and thats prior to spending anything on the day! Yet Arsenal, Chelsea & United were all on TV and it cost me £0....makes more sense to me, unless we are all loaded like you!

My personal opinion is that it's better to go to the away games that we actually have a chance of winning. United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs don't really fall into this bracket AND they are amongst the most expensive AND I've also been to these grounds plenty of times before, none of which is a particularly good day out.

In an ideal world I'd have an endless pot of money to be able to go to all games, unfortunately I have to pick and choose a bit.

Your obviously rich then and have very little else to pay for in life....? Do you not go on other holidays or have family/ missus/ kids to pay for?!

If I had attended United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool - it would cost me around £500 (2 tickets) and thats prior to spending anything on the day! Yet Arsenal, Chelsea & United were all on TV and it cost me £0....makes more sense to me, unless we are all loaded like you!

Wouldn’t say im rich at all tbh!

I just make sure I put money aside to do what I love best!

as for the very little else to pay for comment my car insurance was £1500 would you say that is little?

As for the holidays I used our preseason as my holiday this year!

I understand its not easy for everyone!

but then is it easy for all them arsenal/united fans that pay £1000 + for their season ticket + away days ?

makes more sense to me, unless we are all loaded like you!

You didn't go and get your fingers burnt with share dealing, did you now?

Just out of interest, do you feel that you've had value-for-money?

The big clubs are different - they have massive support and they often come from much less deprived areas than Darwen/ Blackburn. A large number of their away fans are also fairly local to the club they are playing too, as they have fans all over....also a £30 or £40 ticket isnt as much to a Londoner who earns 30k as to the northerner who might earn 21k doing the exact same job....so again its difficult to compare

They also have a large number of fans who attend, purely because they believe they will see the club win something - again something which is unlikely at a club like Rovers. So people jump on the bandwagon so to speak (It was the same when we were top dogs) & the away support increases.....You want an example?! City - sold out for the 1st time in years at Ewood this time!

Pre-season as your holiday....thats ok for you, but most have families or missus that may prefer to go somewhere else...

You didn't go and get your fingers burnt with share dealing, did you now?

Na mate stayed clear of it in the end....just become a mad saver now instead! :lol:

Archived