BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

• Backroom

mellison's OK but it is funny how it seems every day the top two posters are mellison and Hughesy according to the front page.

The backlash was inevitable.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flood is spilling the beans in his book Big Club, Small Town and Me

:lol:

How glad am I we don’t have a numpty like him anywhere near our club.

He’s like an embarrassing uncle at the family barbeque; you just never know whats going to come out his mouth. I remember him after the playoff victory telling the media how much they had to spend, then agent Kilby came out and told everyone he was talking utter cr@p.

Love the post Oscar. I've been trying to find the original information on this matter:

For the away game, there would need to be an allocation process for the 2,400 tickets. Whilst exact details had not yet been worked out, they would be allocated to season tickets holders only, on the basis of attendance at away matches.

On 3rd September the club announced our allocation would be 2,400 tickets but didn't give details of any qualifying criteria. Since then there has been nothing on the club site till 18th February. I certainly knew it would be necessary to have a good away history to get Burnley tickets, how good was only ever going to be known near to the match. I'd expected to need five to be certain.[/size][/font]

Love your work too Paul - particulary the stuff from the days before this place became infested with the "oops i posted again" crew - a whole page FFS!

You should have stayed in the fight (of course you would have had to ban whats his face for your sanity) and kept the standards up! Not wanting to re-open the debate (and thanks for checking) but I don't think this counts personally, after all where is the D-word?

Really pleased they are sinking now. I was getting a bit jazzed off with the media constantly bumming Burnley, saying how great a club they are etc. Nobody slagged their crowds off like they have to us, Bolton and Wigan. The regular visits from BBC camera crews and journos doing special reports on "This wonderful old traditional club" etc. did my head in.

The appointment of Laws was unbelievable, and appears to have been based on four things.

1. He has a lot of experience in managing clubs. (Badly btw.)

2. He used to play for Burnley.

3. He was cheap.

4. He was available (After yet another sacking).

The board obviously bottled it, and appear to have decided that the one season is enough at this level,and to take the money and run.

Loosing at home, where the have got a good record, to Crisis Club (Trademark Symbol) Portsmouth sums up how badly things have got since that early goal at Ewood, which appears to have been the turning point.

After the trip to Turf Moor next month, I hope it really will be a case of No, Ney, Never.

Archived