BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

It's idiotic Rovers fans rising to their bait that makes it all worthwhile for them :rolleyes:

We have never sold our allocation for Burnley and never will. In fact I'm surprised that we have shifted 700. Probably 200 of those will be returned to watch it on Abu Dhabi TV in the pub.

Leave the Dingles and their myths alone. It gives them a nice, warm feeling which is an alternative to snuggling up to their sisters.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: i worked with loads of dingles in 2000,and trust me we did not sell out,i took stick for months over the fact,there were restrictions but i managed to obtian 4 tickets for friends.so stop acting like dingles and admit the fact :wacko::brfc:

:rover: i worked with loads of dingles in 2000,and trust me we did not sell out,i took stick for months over the fact,there were restrictions but i managed to obtian 4 tickets for friends.so stop acting like dingles and admit the fact :wacko::brfc:

Look at what we've been saying - it's a dingle myth and they seem to have convinced you!

The only seats that were not sold in the away end were the one's that were not put on sale at the end(s)!

If anyone hasnt had any money taken out of your account PANIC !!!!

I've been checking mine the past couple of days and nothing.

So just called the ticket office and apparently i havent applied for a ticket.

My form was handed in along with 7 others, 6 have been accounted for.

I am now, sat on my own in the ground and on the coach.

What a f**k up. I am fuming.

I wouldn't worry, we won't be sat down and you can just go and stand with your mates. I've hardly been in the correct seat all season away to be honest.

Could have been worse - the tickets could have all gone.

If one mistake has been made I think the ticket office staff have done well processing all those applications, after-all we are all guilty of 'human error' at work from time to time.

I'm sure you'd be able to stand next to your group anyway if the last 2 visits t'turd are anything to go by.

Could have been worse - the tickets could have all gone.

If one mistake has been made I think the ticket office staff have done well processing all those applications, after-all we are all guilty of 'human error' at work from time to time.

I'm sure you'd be able to stand next to your group anyway if the last 2 visits t'turd are anything to go by.

It isnt the 'being with my mates' that i am particularly bothered about.

i know full well what it is like at the Turd.

It is the fact that my application has been mis-placed despite being with 6 others.

How many other people might have the same thing happen to them.

Imagine the tickets being delivered to find out your one short and there are none left !!!

It isnt the 'being with my mates' that i am particularly bothered about.

i know full well what it is like at the Turd.

It is the fact that my application has been mis-placed despite being with 6 others.

How many other people might have the same thing happen to them.

Imagine the tickets being delivered to find out your one short and there are none left !!!

Anything could have happened, it may have been stuck to one of the others or something and not noticed. I'm sure everyone will have been checking there bank accounts and One Rovers history like you and I haven't heard of any other mis-placed forms... i'm sure it would have been mentioned on forum's such as this one if it was a common occurance.

I could understand why you would panic, put to be 'fuming' is a bit over the top especially when you have actually got a ticket at the end of it!

Like I said if 1 out of 2,000 forms have gone missing, it's still a good effort by the Ticket Office, and the one mistake we know about has been rectified!

We have never sold our allocation for Burnley and never will. In fact I'm surprised that we have shifted 700. Probably 200 of those will be returned to watch it on Abu Dhabi TV in the pub.

Leave the Dingles and their myths alone. It gives them a nice, warm feeling which is an alternative to snuggling up to their sisters.

Behave spoony lad!

We sold 4000 in a day in 2005 for cup

my dad had to sit with the orcs.

Look at what we've been saying - it's a dingle myth and they seem to have convinced you!

The only seats that were not sold in the away end were the one's that were not put on sale at the end(s)!

You are wrong. Take a look at page one of the thread in Messageboard gold:

"a couple of hundred empty seats (three thousand plus Roverites?). Ticket sales were very restricted and the hype around the game must've put off many of those able to get a ticket"

It was the restrictions that stopped us selling out, but we still didn't sell out.

That is a fact Waggy.

Police did restrict sales for the last section towards the longside, but didn't restrict sales at the Bob Lord side at the top where many seats were empty, I was sat/stood just in front of that section.

Many Rovers fans bottled it for some reason.

Lets clear something up. I lived in London at the time and didn't have a season ticket, nor did my brother in law, his brother, my sister and a couple of friends who used to attend away games and lived in London. I attended every away game in a 100 mile radius of my home and a couple of others up north and attended quite few home games too. The club knew my purchasing history but point blank refused to sell me or my relatives and friends a ticket in spite me pleading them to. We ended up driving up and watching the game in the Ewood Arms. I'm sure there were others like me too.

Yes some season ticket holders may have bottled it but the club most certainly did.

I could understand why you would panic, put to be 'fuming' is a bit over the top especially when you have actually got a ticket at the end of it!

Is it ??

I guess that depends on how much the whole day out means to you.

To me, it means the pre-match build up with my mates, having a crack on the way to Burnley on the coaches etc and then on the way back.

Yes i am fuming, someone, has f***ed up.

For me, this is the biggest game that the Rovers ever play. I want to make sure i enjoy the whole day and not just the game. Yeh i got a ticket, but it has been tarnished.

Is it ??

To me, it means the pre-match build up with my mates, having a crack on the way to Burnley on the coaches etc and then on the way back.

For me, this is the biggest game that the Rovers every play. I want to make sure i enjoy the whole day and not just the game. Yeh i got a ticket, but it has been tarnished.

Is it ??

For me, this is the biggest game that the Rovers ever play. I want to make sure i enjoy the whole day and not just the game. Yeh i got a ticket, but it has been tarnished.

Yes, because 'human error' happens. Have you never been guilty of this at work (or F****d something up as you put it)?

It means everything to me too… as long as I'm there - that's all that matters which was the point I was making. If you had no ticket, then I could understand all the fuss.

Is it ??

Well for every one they get wrong they obviously get one "more than right". As I said I'm delighted because I've got 2 when I could so easily have only been given one and had to enter the ballot for the other. I'd actually filled in a form to apply on the one away ticket form and then found I'd already paid for 2

There was bound to be a mistake or two as with anything in life. Nobody is perfect!

He's going to the game, that's the main thing. If people can be fuming over a genuine mistake that has been rectified then god knows what it will be like if something major happened!

There was bound to be a mistake or two as with anything in life. Nobody is perfect!

He's going to the game, that's the main thing. If people can be fuming over a genuine mistake that has been rectified then god knows what it will be like if something major happened!

exactly.

All my mates are on the Birdy Bus, long story but I'm on Away Travel.

Boo hoo! How am I ever going to get over missing out on 15 miles worth of banter down the M65!

I'd be fuming also Will.

Your right to be a bit annoyed but mistakes do happen, but you should be checking your account to make sure. I'd bet everyone has made a mistake in their job, part of being human I am afraid.

Your right to be a bit annoyed but mistakes do happen, but you should be checking your account to make sure. I'd bet everyone has made a mistake in their job, part of being human I am afraid.

Of course they do, i can understand that.

What i dont understand is that they wont reallocate the 6 tickets to another 7 and the same for the coach.

not like it is a major undertaking now is it?

They also said that i would have to re-apply and go in the ballot with the next lot of applications.

I kinda kicked off at that point and that twisted their arm a little.

I'm just glad i phoned up when i did.

Of course they do, i can understand that.

What i dont understand is that they wont reallocate the 6 tickets to another 7 and the same for the coach.

not like it is a major undertaking now is it?

They also said that i would have to re-apply and go in the ballot with the next lot of applications.

I kinda kicked off at that point and that twisted their arm a little.

I'm just glad i phoned up when i did.

You've got a ticket. Just realise that the vast majority of Rovers fans would love to be in your position. Most of us are going to be watching in a pub somewhere wishing we were there in person. Its not the end of the world.

You've got a ticket. Just realise that the vast majority of Rovers fans would love to be in your position. Most of us are going to be watching in a pub somewhere wishing we were there in person. Its not the end of the world.

The vast majority of Rovers fans should be in my position, ie eligable for a ticket. Dont give me the rubbish that it has been hard to get a ticket because it hasnt.

And YES it could have been the end of the World if i hadnt have rung up today.

Like i said in previous posts, this game means more to me than any other.

Unfortunatly there are too many Rovers fans today who dont know why.

Archived