BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hardly shot themselves in the foot. if people don't want to go by coach fair enough, but there are plenty of people wanting to go. we'll sell out.

and i don't understand why people are moaning now about the pre-match measures. any proper fan will be aware of what happened to burnley in the reverse fixture so will have know for months what will happen. anyone who has only just become aware of what will be happening is pretty f'ing slow.

if you have a problem with 'draconian measures' don't go, watch us win on the tele and allow others to have the fun.

Trouble is many people's idea of fun is not arriving at Turf Moor 90 minutes before KO, being rammed into a concourse, not able to get any decent food or drink. I've done it before and I very much object to being treated like this simply because I want to watch a football match. It may be your idea of fun but I can assure you it isn't for everyone.

People on dingle daft and some on here are crazy - if we were offered 5000 tickets then we would sell out. Why have Rovers shot themselves in the foot exactly?! :blink:

Exactly, we've had a couple of good local followings this season (Bolton and Wigan).

If there are people not going due to the coach arrangements there will be somebody to take their place, no problem.

We've sold all available tickets at t'turd on the last 2 occasions, and it will be the same this time around.

I spoke to a guy at the ticket office yesterday. He said they haven`t allocated all the ticket applications yet. They expect to do so by this Friday. I asked about the chance of getting a ticket (i`m a ST holder but not been away this year)...he said "very very slim indeed"

......you can nay but try tho! ;)

Are you gonna have to prove you are who you say you are to get on the bus? Just I am quite forgetful!

I wouldn't think so as most tickets are posted out to the ST holders address (or picked up in person)

People on dingle daft and some on here are crazy - if we were offered 5000 tickets then we would sell out. Why have Rovers shot themselves in the foot exactly?! :blink:

:rover: we did not sell out when we played them in the championship :blink::brfcsmilie:

:rover: we did not sell out when we played them in the championship :blink::brfcsmilie:

It was a complete sell-out. Lots of people who wanted tickets couldn't get them. I was a lucky one having been to every home and away game (bar two because of the fuel blockade) that season even though I lived in London at the time. It was a fantastic atmosphere and a great day to be a Rover. April 1st was pretty good that season too.

Got mine and my son's too, even though his purchasing record only showed one because I'd stupidly forgotten to insist on buying his ticket for Hull on his own ticket because when I went they were aleady on public sale. Thanks, Rovers!

not that it's a massive point, and I half regret rising to the 'dingle bait' by reporting the 700 sold rumour on blackburn mad, but I believe waggy is correct and that we did not sell out for the game in 2000.

I remember it was postal application only, which didnt help, and the end block was not fully sold.

I also recall that Burnley didnt fully sell out that season in the darwen end.

not that it's a massive point, and I half regret rising to the 'dingle bait' by reporting the 700 sold rumour on blackburn mad, but I believe waggy is correct and that we did not sell out for the game in 2000.

I remember it was postal application only, which didnt help, and the end block was not fully sold.

I also recall that Burnley didnt fully sell out that season in the darwen end.

It was definitely sold out. I'm not sure the Dingles sold out their allocation but I think they did. There were some seats 'unavailable' for both games due to the Police/clubs restricting them by putting mesh over them.

We didn't sell out for the game in the championship. I remember I couldnt get a ticket as I wasnt a season ticket holder at that time, but had been to every home game and several away games. The restriction was for season ticket holders only.

Had they gone on sale to non-season ticket holders, but with a buying history then we would have sold out easily.

Archived