BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

Me and my mate have been to 2 away games (Bolton and Stoke) and no such application form has yet arrived. I'm hoping for it to be sorted out so that we can go, but I wouldn't be overly fussed if we don't get to go. If we don't, I'll know there are plenty of fans there (probably more deserving than me and who haven't been to a Burnley Away fixture at all). I'd happily let someone else have it and cherish my memories from the FA Cup :tu:

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

78 - look up an M. Ellison and the lad who sit's to my right as STH'd in the BBE Lower. We've been to Bolton and Stoke away, yet we haven't received app' forms.

Here we go.... How hard is it to ring the Ticket Office and cheque - then the rest of us dont have to read it!

Just a simple case of elimination.

I had a look at the list of people we mailed the letter to and there was only 2 fans who had the surname Jones and that lived in Chorley (the other is a junior)

columbo.jpg

My mate who is a season ticket holder has been to 3 away games I think, but on all 3 occassions he's bought on the day. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is it worth ringing the ticket office?

It is worth getting in touch. We were told last night at the Fans Forum that anyone who feels they should have a ticket and hasn't got a letter because of the way their tickets have been bought should write to the ticket office explaining their situation. If they can prove they have been to two away games they may well be considered as a priority when the first phase finishes. I guess you would need to have the ticket stubs though.

Just over 2,000 letters have gone out so there will be some tickets left over after next Friday. The club have not yet decided how to allocate these because it depends on how many of the first tranche take up their right to a ticket. The eligibility will be decided w/c 8th March.

I have my stubs from my away days, still not good enough. Also a mate (who has bought my tickets) has rung and put a letter in with the application form he recived. He was told the same as you, depends what's left over. Still very peeved the club is so obsessed with it's errant database - well done Ozzie on the golden ticket BTW, enjoy.

Still waiting for examples beyond discussion on this board of this well comunicated policy? I knew the database would be important but in the past the rules have been clear, the number of tickets is linked to typical buying history (i.e. buy three tickets, get three tickets). This has been used for all high demand games previously (exception being cup semi/final - all season ticket holders entitled to one). That changed and it has not been well comunicated.

I'm a fan that is my view and my observation. I'm not alone in that, but feel free to take a tiny snapshot of sanctomonious posts on an unoffical message board as being more representative of good comunication by the club.

2 away games? So only 2000 people have attended more than one away match by Feb - your having a laugh. Are the club really this disconnected from the fan base?

I have my stubs from my away days, still not good enough.

2 away games? So only 2000 people have attended more than one away match by Feb - your having a laugh. Are the club really this disconnected from the fan base?

No.

Apparently ~9,000 Rovers fans who are NOT ST holders have attended at least one away game each. I assume (only my assumption - no evidence) that such a high number is driven by four things - Wigan (a) during the Christmas period - Bolton (a) being 20 minutes drive and 15 quid - Villa (a) Wednesday night SF - and a large number of London / South based Rovers fans who attend regularly in London but don't have STs.

I don't know of anyone, internet connected or otherwise, who wasn't aware of the upcoming Burnley game and how important database history would be. I had my doubts when they announced 2 games only, but it does appear to be legit and certainly the most sensible way to allocate tickets to the people they always said would get priority.

One final point. Most PL clubs operate a far more restrictive system for away ticket purchase than BRFC. Many have membership schemes (some requiring an initial payment of 50 quid on top of a home season ticket just to be ALLOWED to apply for away tickets). Others have points based systems that don't allow recent fans to get close to any away games at all (eg Liverpool). Others have both of the above.

All are managed electronically. Nobody in this country is still saving ticket stubs to count into an envelope. You've got internet access - you might even have a Tesco Clubcard or a Nectar - - how on earth have you ignored the bleeding obvious when it comes to how football fans buy tickets?

Although it's a bit surprising clearly the figure of 2,000 eligible persons must be about right. If there were lots of people who qualified but haven't got letters this board would be awash with complaints by now - as it is we have one or two who are complaining and that's because they haven't had their ticket purchases logged. As yet I don't think anyone who followed the rules the club set out is saying they haven't had a letter.

OscarRaven - As I said above there will be some tickets left after this first tranche so write to the club with your evidence and see what happens. If you can produce tickets stubs showing you've been to some away games they may let you have some Burnley tickets. If I were you and you had a lot of stubs I would send them all in. If you just send two in the club might surmise it's a scam and you have just got hold of a couple of stubs from a mate - if you have 10 that will look a lot less likely.

Oh and make sure you get future purchases logged against your account. If Burnley stay up and we end up playing them away at the beginning of next season we might be counting those who travelled to away matches at the end of this.

I'm a season ticket holder and I've been to 6 away games this season already. I can't go to the dingle game bacuse I'd already agreed to go to my neices christening before they moved it back a day.

However my mates usually get their tickets through one lad so we've been saving the stubbs. I've purchased one load of tickets this season so wouldn't qualify to go to the game anyway even though I've been to 5 away games so far this season. I went to 6/7 away games last season and around about the same the season before so hadn't only just started going away to get to this game. I had asked my mate to use our names when buying the tickets also but to be fair to him he was often getting 5-10 tickets so it's not really feasible to wait during his dinner hour for them to find everyones account details. Had we known that this would be the case then I'm sure he would have used our names but it's always been based on buying numbers history.

I've always made sure that the club put the tickets against the people i am buying for. Not just this season but many seasons in the past.

You never know what game might come along and you should always be prepared.

No excuse for anyone i think.

I've always made sure that the club put the tickets against the people i am buying for. Not just this season but many seasons in the past.

You never know what game might come along and you should always be prepared.

No excuse for anyone i think.

I specifically told the woman to do it for me this season but still they ignored me and they are all just against my name :wacko:

Hopefully sorted now though... :tu:

I had asked my mate to use our names when buying the tickets also but to be fair to him he was often getting 5-10 tickets so it's not really feasible to wait during his dinner hour for them to find everyones account details.

Not personally at you, but it takes about 30 seconds extra to say "01234 Person A, 56789 Person B" etc, and for them to type the number in and click the relevant things for each person.

It doesn't matter how big your order is, over Christmas for all the cup games, I bought 36 tickets in one transaction for 4 games for a mix of 13 different people and they all ended up attributed to the right person.

Not personally at you, but it takes about 30 seconds extra to say "01234 Person A, 56789 Person B" etc, and for them to type the number in and click the relevant things for each person.

It doesn't matter how big your order is, over Christmas for all the cup games, I bought 36 tickets in one transaction for 4 games for a mix of 13 different people and they all ended up attributed to the right person.

Spot on.

I have a spreadsheet with everyone's details in, doesnt take long at all.

It is all about being organised !

I would have thought that all you need to do if you're in a hurry is to have a piece of paper with you with all the numbers on. Just say you need to get on and ask them to post the numbers to the right records later.

As those with letters will have seen, the club has asked for cash not to be sent in the post. At the Fans Forum on Tuesday we checked and they were not planning to take cash or cheques at all. After we asked them they have agreed to take cash at the ticket office (but not in the post). If you do that you will get a receipt for your cash on the spot but no tickets - they will be distributed as ouytlined in the letter in w/c 15th March. You can also pay by cheque, in the post or at the ticket office.

Archived