BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

I didn't go but this was the match which put the skids under a lot of things for this season (losing Tugay and Warnock) with the senior players turning on Sam in the dressing room afterwards over his tactics. Andrews' waywards pass setting up the Stoke winner had far more consequences than any of his other 100+ bad passes he has made against us whilst wearing the shirt.

Let's hope Sam has learnt his lesson as this is in the tough but winnable category IF we don't let Etherington and Fuller run at us. That means getting into Stoke faces and not conceding territory in my book.

I think a rumbustious draw is a reasonable expectation: 2-2

Great preview and well done for contacting Henning.

How on earth could you link the Stoke game with Tugay's retirement? As for Warnock we had to "lose" him to balance the books. You decided sam had to go a while back but he hasn't so give it a rest eh? :brfc:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I still haven't had chance to get my tickets for this game yet - Is it officially a sell out? Are we ordering more tickets? If so how much and when should I get some?

All answers be appreciated.

Thanks.

My mate at work who is/was getting our tickets was told this morning when he rang the ticket office that they had sold out but to ring back early this afternoon as they were hoping for 100 more tickets. I am hoping they do get these as he was meant to be going down today getting them the slow git :closedeyes:

How on earth could you link the Stoke game with Tugay's retirement? As for Warnock we had to "lose" him to balance the books. You decided sam had to go a while back but he hasn't so give it a rest eh? :brfc:

Just read back through the message board and put me on ignore- you will find out what happened after the Stoke game last year and the consequences without seeing any of my posts.

I wouldn't want to start either Dunn or Grella if they've only just come back, but I'd bench them both. My team would be:

-------------Robbo

Chimbonda-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

-----Emerton-Reidy-Olsson

------------Pedersen

------------Franco--Niko

That's the team I would have started with too, good shout. Too early for Dunn and Grella, methinks.

I would imagine Sam will stick with the same 11 vs. West Ham. I would like to see Hoilett having more game-time, especially over Diouf. However, I'm not entirely sure if this will be the best game for him. Sam will prefer Diouf's sour face for this physical battle.

I would imagine Sam will stick with the same 11 vs. West Ham. I would like to see Hoilett having more game-time, especially over Diouf. However, I'm not entirely sure if this will be the best game for him. Sam will prefer Diouf's sour face for this physical battle.

Have Samba stood in front of Hoilett (blocking him from view) then Hoilett shoots through his legs, dribbles into the box, lays it off for Kalinic and GOALAZIO!!!!

Might be the same team but hopefully not the same tactical decisions. Sitting back like we did against West Ham in the first half could see us take a battering and from an offensive point of view Niko will need some support, something he did not get against West Ham.

My gut feeling points to a draw. Stoke might not have many flair players but they are a solid outfit that has decent cohesion and team spirit.

Good preview btw, good to hear from Henning. :tu:

Just read back through the message board and put me on ignore- you will find out what happened after the Stoke game last year and the consequences without seeing any of my posts.

I won't be reading back through the message board its too time wasting but surely Tugay had to retire sometime? Its unusual to have a goaler aged 40 but a mid-fielder? :wacko:

Team News from the official site:

No Dunn but Vince is back (for 10 minutes)

I too certainly wouldn't start Vince. But then again when is the best time to play him? I'd worry about him picking up a niggle watching in the stands let alone running about. Bit worried about where our creativity will come from with no Dunn/Basturk and Benni (obv).

I'll go with another hard fought 0-0.

Team News from the official site:

No Dunn but Vince is back (for 10 minutes)

I too certainly wouldn't start Vince. But then again when is the best time to play him? I'd worry about him picking up a niggle watching in the stands let alone running about. Bit worried about where our creativity will come from with no Dunn/Basturk and Benni (obv).

I'll go with another hard fought 0-0.

Pedersen? Olsson?.....Andrews :P

Might be the same team but hopefully not the same tactical decisions. Sitting back like we did against West Ham in the first half could see us take a battering and from an offensive point of view Niko will need some support, something he did not get against West Ham.

I think we should be equipped to deal with Stoke's threat. So long as Samba can keep Fuller in his pocket, I can't imagine them getting behind us. I hate to disappoint you, but Sam will resort to the same tactics employed against West Ham. He'll want us to keep it tight and steal three points if we're lucky. It's not going to be pretty.

I think we should be equipped to deal with Stoke's threat. So long as Samba can keep Fuller in his pocket, I can't imagine them getting behind us. I hate to disappoint you, but Sam will resort to the same tactics employed against West Ham. He'll want us to keep it tight and steal three points if we're lucky. It's not going to be pretty.

But playing tight against a team that plays tight is.....well.....stupid. We need to attack them from all angles and not just from the sky, as they can deal with it better than we can!

This is going to be a lot tougher than most of us think - Only Man UTd have stopped them scoring at Britannia this year and they have only been beat of Man UTD and Chelsea!!!!

Also unbeaten in the last 6 at home I would definately take a 1-1 here.

Come on Rovers

And Birmingham.

But playing tight against a team that plays tight is.....well.....stupid. We need to attack them from all angles and not just from the sky, as they can deal with it better than we can!

Hey, it's not my philosophy. Despite telling our fans his modus operandi is "winning football", Sam's will to avoid defeat outweighs his will to win (particular away from home, at any rate). I would be very surprised if I see us taking the game to Stoke. Of course, I imagine most of the game will be eaten by Pedersen and Delap towel-drying the ball for five minutes a throw.

Archived