BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

Hey, it's not my philosophy. Despite telling our fans his modus operandi is "winning football", Sam's will to avoid defeat outweighs his will to win (particular away from home, at any rate). I would be very surprised if I see us taking the game to Stoke. Of course, I imagine most of the game will be eaten by Pedersen and Delap towel-drying the ball for five minutes a throw.

Agreed entirely. Had a little giggle at your last bit too. Although if it's REIDY taking the throws, we might see it work for once haha

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very tough game for us tomorrow. Not a game for the purists amongst us!! :blink:

A point on the road would be a great result fot t`Rovers......but i do think this game is totally win-able. Depends which Rovers turn up at the Britannia! :unsure:

My prediction.....Stoke 0 v 1 Rovers :brfc:

COYB!!

You can get 17/2 on the 0-0 draw, massive price in my opinion. Our game against them earlier in the season was a dire 0-0, our last game was a dire 0-0 against West Ham likewise Stoke had a dire 0-0 against Sunderland on Monday. Dire, Dire, Dire. Stoke are very similiar team to ourselves and play very much in the same way, they have a good home record (much like us) therefore I'd quite happily see the two sides cancel each other out and take the point.

Would you be surprised? The two teams have contested some absolutely shocking games in the past.

I used to think it was just about the quality of the game, but after seeing a cracking Dingle Derby come on second (out of two games) behind a snore fest between Wigan and City I changed my view.

I used to think it was just about the quality of the game, but after seeing a cracking Dingle Derby come on second (out of two games) behind a snore fest between Wigan and City I changed my view.

agreed! sometimes it feels like we dont even get on motd and get squeezed into the football league show. it cracks me up when the pundits dont even comment on us despite having just seen us win! there is just an awkward silence :unsure:

This is going to be a lot tougher than most of us think - Only Man UTd have stopped them scoring at Britannia this year and they have only been beat of Man UTD and Chelsea!!!!

Also unbeaten in the last 6 at home I would definately take a 1-1 here.

Come on Rovers

Stoke have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine Premier League home games so if we can get enough men forward we should make chances. Trouble is will we take them ? Rovers have failed to score in 11 of their league games this season- more than any other side.

I'm optimistic today, not sure why, I fancy us for a draw, which would be a good point. Can't see it being a classic though.

As for the team ? Who knows ? My paper's got Emmo,Nzonzi,Pedersen,Ollsen in midfield with Diouf playing behind Kalinic.

I like Nzonzi and I think he's got a big future but he needs a rest, he's looking stale. If we could get Grella fit for longer than five minutes he'd be able to give the big lad a rest. Maybe Reidie's fit enough to play there. I'm just getting a bit fed up of our midfield glass backs. Sam must be feeling the same.

C'mon Rovers.

Got my ticket for what will be a very hard game. Looking forward to another away day but thinking it'll be tough to get anything from it.

Having said that if we play like we're capable of, we've no reason to fear any team, and could possibly get something from the game. However it'll need a 75 mins plus good performance to get a result vs stoke imo.

Think we've got about 1300.

My faith in our away support was growing there for a minute Neil :D

I rememeber going to Stoke late 80's and we never took under 4000 on every visit, them wert days!

My faith in our away support was growing there for a minute Neil :D

I rememeber going to Stoke late 80's and we never took under 4000 on every visit, them wert days!

I remember the 1-0 defeat that ended our 23 game unbeaten run there. About 5 or 6,000 of us in an enclosure that should've held about 4,000. Chrissy Price had a blatant pen turned down at the end. Great away support that season (was it 87/88?).

I remember the 1-0 defeat that ended our 23 game unbeaten run there. About 5 or 6,000 of us in an enclosure that should've held about 4,000. Chrissy Price had a blatant pen turned down at the end. Great away support that season (was it 87/88?).

Yes remember it like it was yesterday, how they never made that game all ticket I'll never know.

23 games unbeaten and will still missed out on promotion :wacko:

Archived