BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else see Big Sam jumping up and down telling Pedersen and Diouf what they needed to do seconds before the 3rd goal? It seemed like he told them what he wanted them to do and we scored from it...

He went bonkers when the 3rd went in, never seen him so hsppy :blink:

No real need to look down after todays win. It was a bit like kicking away a blind mans stick today though.

I'm afraid we won despite of the manager and not because of him. Maybe sums up the season really.

The league this season is of such low quality even our poor team are comfortable.

Nevertheless well done to all, especially the tireless Nico.

Bloody great day today, really enjoyed it. Kalinic was superb, tireless and played like Shearer today.

Great afternoon in the DE, singing throughout again, loads of banter with them upstairs. The weather was bizarre also, could hardly see the second goal. No spin, just a great day out at the Rovers, it wasn't the perfect performance but the whole thing was just brill.

What about Olsons mazy run in the first half? B)

• Backroom

I think he collapsed. My mate and his son watched them supporting him with St John's helping.

I couldn't work it out he seemed like he was out of it and was certainly seen out by a lot of stewards

I'm afraid we won despite of the manager and not because of him. Maybe sums up the season really.

Yes, the fact we're in such a comfortable position is despite the efforts Sam Allardyce.

Had we had a better manager we could hope to compete with the likes of Villa and Spurs who can plough tens of millions into their side every summer.

It's a good job for Bolton they have a manager like Owen Coyle. They were passing the ball around the floor quite nicely at times today and almost even got a goal.

I feel that everyone is getting carried away as usual just because we won today. Yes there were some solid performances by one or two especially Kalinic, but overall despite scoring 3 goals, I thought that the "football" that we played was terrible. We hardly strung two passes together, the ball was permanently up in the air and there seemed little cohesion. Good desperate defending does not make a good performance.

We seem to be safe now, so can we please start trying to play proper football which we can actually enjoy watching rather than being ashamed at our standard of play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All that squad needs is a really dominant / experienced midfield presence. We've been crying out for one for years and now exacerbated by Tugays retirement it is even more obvious. Grella is a long way toward being that man if only we could keep him fit, which unfortunately now seems a pipe dream.

Strange there aren't more posts about Diouf Gord :) . The last two home games he's been excellent. Gives us something non of the others do - the ability to keep posession when under pressure. Well done to the lad. Great after match interview as well.

I mentioned it some time ago - Diouf as a winger is not great. However, he has the skill, the control and the vision to be an excellent central midfielder - certainly worth a shout

Well done lads.. and well done *^%t for coming to the pub here in Germany to cheer Rovers on....even though he had a Toulouse girl in bed…who’d travelled up to see him for the weekend though he’s actually working nights…that’s Mill Hill for ya!

Made up with the display and result.. “Are you Burnley in disguise!” great : )

Oh dear! :D

No, I want the days of Paul Ince back. Well, I only saw our thrilling 3-2 win at Goodison the first game of that season and sort of lost touch after that, but I came back a few months later and suddenly Big Fat Sam has us playing hoofball and we're in a relegation scrap.

Well you don't know at times with some on here! :blush:

I couldn't work it out he seemed like he was out of it and was certainly seen out by a lot of stewards

Seemed like a night before job carrying on through to me

In Bolton's defence, I think they suffered after the mid week game at Wigan. That pitch at the JJB is a quagmire. Bolton looked lifeless today as did Wigan who tired terribly during the last half hour against Spurs.

Surely a joke?

As if a heavy pitch makes u a crap team.

No real need to look down after todays win. It was a bit like kicking away a blind mans stick today though.

The league this season is of such low quality even our poor team are comfortable.

Nevertheless well done to all, especially the tireless Nico.

When will people realise that we are lucky to have Sam here, the above is one of the daftest posts I have read on here and there are many contenders.

So Sam plays Andrews in central defence, it works, is that an excellent decision by the manager?

Sam drops EHD, berates him publicly and he is now playing well-excellent decision by the manager?

Sam drops MGP then plays him in central midfield-he is now playing his best football in years-excellent decision by the manager?

Sam does not play Kalinic for months slowly integrating him, he is now looking like a top player-excellent decision by the manager?

Biggest one-Sam sells our two previous players of the season for about 28 million and then spends about 8 million, we are now 11 points clear of bottom 3, when he took over we were 5 points adrift. I could go on and on. The man is a top manager and I would not replace him for anyone available out there.

Hoofball? The first goal was a brilliant move and the other 2 were from set pieces. Whatever it is we are playing at home it is working and I am happy if it continues to work.

Also just remind me how Chelsea scored their 2 goals yesterday? That's right Petr Cech to the forwards and they did the rest. Every team plays "hoofball", apart from Arsenal.

Goal of the month for January was a fine piece of control by Ashley Cole following an enormous 'hoofball' yet it seems to me that some think hoofball is restricted to BRFC only.

Archived