BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

A bit like when you did a runner and had a sojourn off the board after the Everton game first match of last season?

Yeah, maybe a bit like that degsy. But as usual my opinion was proved completely valid and correct.

I'm sure you came to agree too ...... but like so many other people who could not see the wood for the trees about Ince it probably took you until the end of November. :rolleyes:

You really need to pay more attention to my scribblings. ;)

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: top win yesterday,thought we were going to be called off at one stage,2 superb saves from robbo kept us in the game,now we need to replicate the last 4 home games in the next 5,brum/everton/arsenal/chelsea/utd,how many points from them,4 if were lucky :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

:rover: top win yesterday,thought we were going to be called off at one stage,2 superb saves from robbo kept us in the game,now we need to replicate the last 4 home games in the next 5,brum/everton/arsenal/chelsea/utd,how many points from them,4 if were lucky :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

If we only get 4 points you will delight in it--traitor.

• Backroom

However many we get you won't be there to see it will you Waggy? that armchair in the pub must getting oh-so comfy by now ;)

Other than a good start, Coyle has done sod all to show he can hack it at this level

Coyle is doing a great job. If he manages to take both Bolton and Burnley down in the same season - he will be a legend round these parts. His last 20 Premier League resuls (starting with Burnley's 3-2 loss at Ewood) are - P20 W2 D7 L11.

Owen Coyle is God! :lol:

Nice spot Leftwinger, I never realised those stas were so bad for Mr Coyle.

As for waggy, I take it your seat has the round ar£E effect now as you have been sat in it for so long.

Everything at Ewood is taking shapepal you want to come back and take your seat in the ground, you may just change your views on sam and his team.

Oh what a day it is when working in Bolton with loads of bolton fans.

One had the cheek to say we are as bad as them and that there wasnt really a difference between us, but we took our chances. I pointed out the 11 point difference, the double we did over them and then asked him to explain...he couldnt! :lol:

Nice spot Leftwinger, I never realised those stas were so bad for Mr Coyle.

As for waggy, I take it your seat has the round ar£E effect now as you have been sat in it for so long.

Everything at Ewood is taking shapepal you want to come back and take your seat in the ground, you may just change your views on sam and his team.

:rover: jesus you were calling lardarse after the stoke game and many more,now he's the best thing since sliced bread,the guys a joke and the sonner he's gone the better :wacko::brfc:

I was very happy with both the performance and result v bolton yesterday I thought we mixed it up pretty well and split them open everytime we went forward in the 2nd half, Few good points:

1) Keith Andrews - Not been in his biggest fan however yesterday credit where its due he stepped up and did a very good job against strikers quite a few premier league defenders have a heard time against and we kept a clean sheet so he did something right - I know robbo did 2 saves but keiths positioning seemed very good and fair play to the lad he has satrted the last 2 games and we have 6 points, no goals conceded that is something to be positive about :)

2) Big Sam - Once again not been the biggest fan veen though he kept us up last year and wasnt happy with 'ugly' football we was playin but eh would you have have accepted us to be more or less safe in February and so close to wembley - I Would also so big credit Sam you got it spot on yesteday - Roberts substitution and then he killed off the game :)

3) Darwen end was tremendous throughout I thought - Long may this continue and i hope ther numbers grow.

Only negative was the injury to Ryan Nelson hopw he pulls thorugh and his fine for rest of season and world cup :)

Overall good perfomrance, good win, bad snow and get NIKO a partner :)

:rover: jesus you were calling lardarse after the stoke game and many more,now he's the best thing since sliced bread,the guys a joke and the sonner he's gone the better :wacko::brfc:

i can't believe u are still around on here, why don't you just do us all a favour and yours and keep your big fat gob shut for once. If u was at Ewood yesterday like many on here was, you would of witnessed a team well orgainsed, playing for one and each other and a team who truly respects big sam

i can't believe u are still around on here, why don't you just do us all a favour and yours and keep your big fat gob shut for once. If u was at Ewood yesterday like many on here was, you would of witnessed a team well orgainsed, playing for one and each other and a team who truly respects big sam

:rover: ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why don't you come over to rishton and shut it for me,we beat a poor team 3-0 and i so every minute in the warmth of the pub,thankyou :wacko::brfcsmilie:

:rover: ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why don't you come over to rishton and shut it for me,we beat a poor team 3-0 and i so every minute in the warmth of the pub,thankyou :wacko::brfcsmilie:

why do u even bother to watch it in the pub??? No doubt if we had got to the Carling Cup Final, you would of been there wouldn't you!! I rather save my miles getting to Ewood and following Rovers away thanks, then making a wasted journey up to rishton to see a sad guy like yourself.

Yesterdays win was a great team performance by the way, which included some very good subistutions made by sam, which changed the game for Rovers!!!

Waggy catches a couple of Whoppers : lol:

gone_fishing_mousepad-p144719885179836693trak_400.jpg

Waggy catches a couple of Whoppers : lol:

gone_fishing_mousepad-p144719885179836693trak_400.jpg

Can I just say that I thought all the team did well yesterday and I wouldn't really have quibbled with anyone being given MOTM. I picked Givet myself, but you could make a case for almost anyone including Diouf. I say that because I am one of those who normally finds him totally obnoxious but yesterday at one point he actually made me laugh when he did the most ridiculous looking fall and somehow got a free kick. I know there are much harder games ahead and wouldn't go over the top about the performance, but we did what we needed to do, which was win, play some decent stuff at times and reduce the goal difference by a few. Whatever was the truth about Allardyce's job being on the line, and whatever was said in that dressing room at City seems to have had the desired effect on players, team and management. I still don't go to Ewood expecting a great day out, but no longer go with quite the pessimistic attitude I had a couple of months ago. We finally look like a team that actually recognises one another and moreover wants to play for one another. Perhaps Mr McCarthy really was fomenting disharmony and his departure is now having a positive effect too.

Just to respond to earlier comments...

Rovers are among the masters of ugly football, but it is effective football and survival football.

You can't say any different.

Bolton and many others at the bottom have to learn to do the same, scrap more, play the percentages, fight, be nasty, make the best of what you have.

It's not a criticism, it's an observation and it's a fact.

For 40 minutes yesterday you played for throw-ins and free kicks. It worked. Bolton were pinned back and pretty useless.

You won at a canter despite playing without your two best centre halves.

But don't tell me it was pretty. It works. Get used to it. Get over it.

I've been very critical of our style at times this season, but I do think we played some decent football for much of the game yesterday. There's no doubt that there was a period where it was pretty much long balls and long throws, but in the second half we actually played some good stuff.

Rovers are among the masters of ugly football, but it is effective football and survival football.

Bolton and many others at the bottom have to learn to do the same, scrap more, play the percentages, fight, be nasty, make the best of what you have.

For 40 minutes yesterday you played for throw-ins and free kicks. It worked. Bolton were pinned back and pretty useless.

I think the point is that you chose to label it ugly football when our first goal came from a lovely move and the others were not simply lump it forward aimlessly either. If you'd called it ugly football at other points in the season nobody would have minded, in fact we'd almost all have been agreeing but yesterday was not ugly, except in short spells when for whatever reason we returned to the hit and hope.

I don't understand this "footballing philosophy" stuff. We won 3-0 and Allardyce's philosophy is being criticised by some, Wigan lost 3-0 yesterday yet over on the PL thread Roberto Martinez is being praised for his.

As I understand it, by far the best and most effective footballing philosophy is to score more goals than the other team. Quite where the notion that anything else matters has come from I have no idea.

I think the point is that you chose to label it ugly football when our first goal came from a lovely move and the others were not simply lump it forward aimlessly either. If you'd called it ugly football at other points in the season nobody would have minded, in fact we'd almost all have been agreeing but yesterday was not ugly, except in short spells when for whatever reason we returned to the hit and hope.

I thought it was ugly football but it worked...so that's a point not a criticism.

It pinned back Bolton and didn't let them get out.

When the first real 'move' happened in the 41st minute you scored because they were all over the place.

I think if you read the report you would get the point I was making - that this IS the type of football that keeps you up.

For better or worse.

Look at the table. Stoke and Rovers are the two 'ugly football' sides in the bottom half and are already safe.

Those who try to play 'nice' football get mashed and have to get more steel into their teams. I include Bolton, Wigan, Burnley and West Ham to a degree in that.

Nice to see that Rovers are just behind Everton as the in-form teams in the prem over the last 6 games. A tribute to some good management and warm weathertraining which certainly seemed to bond the team together as witnessed by the goal celebrations. Bilic on MOTD was effusive about Kalinic and reckoned in 2 years he would be the best striker in the Prem!!Watched the game again today and the commentators kept referring to the quiet atmosphere in the first half; the effects mikes must be turned down as I thought it quite lively.Finally did anyone else see Sam screaming at Pedersen to throw it to Diouf to cross for Givet`s goal? His reaction was great to watch as it must have been a planned move.

so bolton have to do what they have been trying to do exactly before coyle took over? except now they have to do it with a manager who is unproven at doing so? i mean i know that means he is expected to steady the ship and then build on it next year and bring his own style in but in fairness he shows no capability of being able to steady the ship at the moment.

i don't see how we played for throw-ins. we won throw-ins and then used them to our advantage but i don't think we were kicking it against the bolton players deliberately playing for throw-ins alone, never mind for 40 solid minutes. and as for playing for free-kicks, kalinic went down easily twice but we got nothing for them, other than that there was no playing for free-kicks. once again we utilised set pieces we got, but i wouldn't say we were specifically playing for them by diving, or any other way.

i also do not believe it was ugly. there were certainly plenty of times where it was scrappy, but yesterday we hardly had to result to ugly, not like we have done in other games. and we played a little bit of football too at times. whilst i accept you only have a certain number of words to work with, perhaps choose them more wisely instead of continually lumping us in that category when we don't necessarily deserve it (for this game at least).

Archived