BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam has said he will give a start to 1 'newbie' on sunday - with Liganzi & Hanley both in the squad....which will it be!?

No NZonzi or Diouf on Sunday either!

I feel it will be Linganzi in the midfield (Right central) of 3 including Grella (Middle) Pederson (Left).

Or maybe with Andrews and grella leaving pederson, olsson and Roberts as front 3????

Linghazi set to start I'd agree. I predict a 1-1 draw but am terrified of one of those dead starts where we let them score early and have to fight our way back. Why isn't N'Zonzi available by the way?

If that's the case then:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - SAMBA© - NELSEN - GIVET

LINGANZI - GRELLA

HOILLET - DUNN - OLSSON

ROBERTS

Where's Keef? :D

A point would be awesome as it'd probably seal a top ten finish. Whatever happens, it's been a decent season so let's hope we can push on from here.

Come on Blackburn! :brfc:

• Backroom

Hope linganzi does get a start it would be good for him to experience this league before a full pre season.

I see this as a loss sadly because a draw would be massive but Villa will want to send their fans home with a win afer stalling a bit recently

Sutton finished his career at Villa so he's another, that Finnish chap Peter Enckleman, can't think of any others off hand in recent memory.

I think it's going to be a pretty close game, you can say they have nothing to play for but they have as much as us really, they could finish 5th or 7th so I know which the fans would prefer.

The pace is always a worry against Villa but hopefully with Samba back and on form he can keep them at bay along with a good performance from Robbo. Rovers to nick it 2-1 thanks to a late goal via the man from the congo.

Why don't anyone want Kalinic to start+

Because Roberts has been playing really well. Very hard to drop Andrews too after Arsenal... sad to say it but Kalinic is not doing the business at the moment. My team:-

-----------------Roberts

----Olsson-----Linganzi-----Hoilett

--------Andrews--------Dunn

Givet----Samba-------Jones---Salgado

---------------Robinson

If that's the case then:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - SAMBA© - NELSEN - GIVET

LINGANZI - GRELLA

HOILLET - DUNN - OLSSON

ROBERTS

I'd be happy with that team, but if it where me.

I'm very keen to see Linguini in action since some of his reserve write-ups have been good. I also want Hoillet to start he loves running with ball and has pace, Warnocks not been doing that well recently and we all know he can suffer against that type of player. I worry about Salgado being up against Young and could be persuaded to play Emerton there, but the mans on form so really deserves to start. Grella starting two games on the trot, well I'll believe it when I see it and wouldn't be shocked at all to see the "water-boy" in their instead. I just hope we play down the flanks a bit more as Villa's centre backs will eat up those high balls all day long, they are both beasts.

Dunn is the key though he needs to pull his finger out for this one and we need to get him on the ball as much as possible today. I'd also be tempted to start Jones, Carew will have to be picked up by Samba leaving Nelsen up against Gabby the lightening bolt and that is so mis-matched. Hes done well the young lad so since he's quicker than Ryan he'd start for me. Robets lead the line well against Arsenal, working the channels as we need him too, so he starts, but he must work out wide as in the middle against Collins and Dunne, I don't see him getting much joy.

ROBINSON

SALGADO - SAMBA© - JONES - GIVET

LINGANZI - GRELLA

HOILLET - DUNN - OLSSON

ROBERTS

Hopefully we will see Hanley at some point.

Agreed, the kid has big wraps on him. Sadly it's in the strongest position we have in the team (CB) but the experience would only benefit him either way.

No Nzonzi due to having operations to remove teeth (apparently)

He'd probably sooner that than having to play alongside Keef.

Plated for both Villa & Rovers

Top off me head - Alan Wright, Chris Price & Gordon Cowans.

David Mail.

Anyone describe Hanley a bit better for those who have never seen him play before? Is he a strong defender? tall? fast? potential to be better than Vidic? :D

I've only seen him play in FA youth cup against Chelsea and he looked very comfortable until the keeper gave them a 2 goal lead. He is 6' 2" according to Rovers site so bigger than Jonesy. He is the next Colin Hendry :P

Who knows him and Jones may be our CB pairing in years to come.

Anyone describe Hanley a bit better for those who have never seen him play before? Is he a strong defender? tall? fast? potential to be better than Vidic? :D

Big and strong Centre back, very well built so hard to bully off the ball. An organiser of the defence and normally captain for the Academy when he does play for them. Not the quickest of players but has learnt to read the game well the more this season has gone on.

Archived