BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool - Renewed Rivalry

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked my tickets up after the game.

Not impressed by the moron slasgging off the staff because he had to wait like the rest of us in the queues. It really narks when a moron kicks up because he has to wait to be served.

Big credit for Rovers staff, my earlier issues with tickets not being credited to the right account for last season was sorted out with the minimum of fuss.

Next weekend is going to be a good day/night out in lasherland.

Picked my tickets up after the game.

Not impressed by the moron slasgging off the staff because he had to wait like the rest of us in the queues. It really narks when a moron kicks up because he has to wait to be served.

Big credit for Rovers staff, my earlier issues with tickets not being credited to the right account for last season was sorted out with the minimum of fuss.

Next weekend is going to be a good day/night out in lasherland.

I'm glad it wasn't raining after the game, otherwise the mood have been more foul.

I queued with my mate who we'd added a covering note was to collect but decided it was safer if I queued as well just in case.

Just as well, as "my" ticket had been allocated to someone else. basically my customer number is 12345 (it's not) but the ticket had been allocated to customer 2345. This really seemed to flummox the woman in the booth and after vanishing for 5 min, she invited us into the shop to sort it out.

She did so, but not before coming out with the classic "well without knowing what was on the form, we can't vheck what's gone wrong." Errr, weren't customer details preprinted on the forms and all I added were my credit card details?

It didn't take a genius to work out that someone in the ticket office had just missed off typing a "1" at the start of the number, but it took 10 mins to rectify.

Slow as hell collecting tickets after the game... how long does it take to ask your name, ask for id, sign here, bye bye?!

Anyway, looking forward to the game!

I waited for ages outside but as the queue went down a member of staff said get your tickets inside, got mine straight away and as I was walking out there was Ryan Nelsen, it was great timing and worth the wait :)

I cannot wait for this game, I'm going on the train, is anyone else going on the train, if so what time?

i think most will go by train such is the ease of getting there. Parking is dear at the coast and for 7 quid return it is the easier option from Leyland.

The bonus side is that we can all get lashed in lasherland and have a good day out.

What time are you going from Leyland boss?

The missus is at a do (Police Fed believe it or not) in Belfast for the weekend so I am off the leash....or is it on the lash!

I've just watched "Match of the Day 2" and while I know that we're not [quite! ;) ] as fast on the break as Chelsea seem to have been this afternoon, we have GOT to have some width next Saturday afternoon - there seemed not to have been any communication among the Blackpool back four.

If Blackpool play like that next Saturday, they won't be the bananaskin I worried about earlier in this thread. But we have got to pressure them; it'll be no good going 1-0 and then trying to sit on it because, when they won at Newcastle, Blackpool looked to be like nippy little terriers breaking out in counter-attacks.

. . . there seemed not to have been any communication among the Blackpool back four.

If Blackpool play like that next Saturday, they won't be the bananaskin I worried about earlier in this thread. But we have got to pressure them; it'll be no good going 1-0 and then trying to sit on it because, when they won at Newcastle, Blackpool looked to be like nippy little terriers breaking out in counter-attacks.

I noticed that also when I watched the match. But I have to believe Sam knows this. So that means that he'll either play more of a possession game or get more men behind the ball. So far this season our possession has ranged from a low of 38% (ManC) to a high of 51% (Norwich) or 50% if considering PL only (Birmingham).

I'd beat that Sam will try for possession. Last season he was clear that tactics would shift based on the opponent and while I can see being defensive with the likes of Arsenal and ManC, I can't believe he'd go turtle with Blackpool. We have a much better squad (only Adam would be a plus for our squad), Blackpool is just off a solid trouncing and have to be demoralized, and we need a win, especially after the Fulham second half fiasco. I'm predicating a 4-3-3 line up, as our back four can compete with anything in the league, and a 3-0 Rovers win.

I know this sounds daft considering its Blackpool but we have to frustrate them going forwards. I doubt MotD 2 showed much of the second half but Blackpool did an excellent job and posed Chelsea quite a lot of problems going forwards by getting into spaces Chelsea inevitably leave with their rampaging style of play.

Every time Blackpool have been on tv their left back Craney, has looked a weak link for the seasiders. But after witnessing the the totally useless, Bret Emmerton on saturday aided with big Sams aero attack, can we realistically expect Rovers to exploit this weakness in the tangerine armour.

Great. The hotel we've had booked for ages have just called to say they can't honor the booking :( (i.e. we sold it to you too cheaply, so have already sold it to somebody else).

Recommendations ? Cheap(ish), cheaperful and most importantly available?

Great. The hotel we've had booked for ages have just called to say they can't honor the booking :( (i.e. we sold it to you too cheaply, so have already sold it to somebody else).

There's a Travel Inn near the Central Car park. Which should be handy for the ground.

They are usually reasonable but dont know about availability.

Or you may might get a dodgy B&B for £20 if your not fussy :P

Glenn, are they not contractually obliged to find you suitable alternative accommodation, or does it depend on whether you have paid in full when booking or just reserved?

In any case they are cheeky buggers.

Glenn, are they not contractually obliged to find you suitable alternative accommodation, or does it depend on whether you have paid in full when booking or just reserved?

In any case they are cheeky buggers.

Being in the travel business, yes they are obliged to obtain a suitable alternative for you. Sounds like a two bit hotel and your best off out there. Shame its Blackpool your looking at staying in and not a location with more chain hotels easily accessible

Archived