Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Underpower Championship

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Game on now!!

Only just realised Reading have got 10 men too, I turned over at half time

Reading had a sub sent off, didn't they? As far as I'm aware they still have 11 on the pitch...

Reading had a sub sent off, didn't they? As far as I'm aware they still have 11 on the pitch...

Oh was he a sub. Never mind then :D

Swansea just calming things down now, Reading need to get a goal pretty soon I think.

Funny how a lot of people were creaming themselves when Paolo Sousa did a decent job there. Now Brendan Rodgers has done even better but doesn't get a mention anywhere. Sam Allardici was on to something you know.

It'll be interesting to see how Swansea get on next year, Sinclair will be a big hit I reckon.

Wasn't it Swansea's first full season back in the championship and he got them upper mid table? Can't recall but he did a great job. Rodgers has done a brilliant job mind you, great up and coming manager.

I know it's an old (and possibly redundant) but there's something fundamentally wrong about welsh teams in the English leagues, never mind in the Premier League! How is it acceptable and yet people recoil in horror at the mention of Celtic and Rangers doing the same?

3-1 btw. Come on Reading!!! English league, English teams!! Mwahahahaha!!!

If Swansea were not in the English League now, and they came to ask, the answer would be no. The only reason they are here is because it was decided a long long time ago. I would recoil in horror if Swansea joined the league last season, then got promoted now. Celtic or Rangers would have to start right at the bottom, pointing to Swansea and Cardiff is not enough ammo for them to use to convince people they should be here. They should have jumped on the bandwagon a century ago when we were letting anyone in. And also, I dislike the hypocrisy of nobody on here caring about it too much, then as soon as they get into the Premier League it starts becoming an issue. It's either not acceptable in England, or it is. The Premier League is simply the top of the tree.

Swansea survived a last day Relegation battle that would have seen them out of the football league

Celtic and Rangers would want to start in the big league.

No deal.

It seems ironic that this has reared it's head when there is talk of a referendum on independence. Make your minds up!

It looks like QPR will spend big this summer and turn a side already good enough to stay in the PL into one which will be top ten material.

Norwich could be the new Blackpool in terms of entertainment but are probably too recently in the third division to survive without a lot of investment.

Swansea will also be entertainers and go down on the last day.

Even with Kean in charge, our risk of going down next season has lessened.

It looks like QPR will spend big this summer and turn a side already good enough to stay in the PL into one which will be top ten material.

Bet you a pint they don't finish in the top ten Philipl. If Colin stays in charge I'd reckon they're about 50/50 to get relegated even with Mittal/Briatore (sp?) in the shadows.

haha, your off your head mate. do you really think guys like Taarbet, Routledge, Faurlin will be putting in extravagent performances when after 10 games QPR have collected 6 points, when they go to Stoke or Wigan on a cold tuesday night in November/December. never, Taarbet and co are class in the championship but they wont get half the time on the ball in the prem, players are better, quicker, fitter. QPR will struggle.

• 9 months later...

Norwich could be the new Blackpool in terms of entertainment but are probably too recently in the third division to survive without a lot of investment.

Swansea will also be entertainers and go down on the last day.

Even with Kean in charge, our risk of going down next season has lessened.

Absolutely classic Phillipl! 100% balls as usual. Ha!

• Backroom

Sam not making himself too popular at WestHam at present, I think they'll go up automatically still when it gets to the nitty gritty

Edit back to 2-2 they'll love him again now

• Backroom

West ham should be doing better than they are. With the squad available to him Allardyce should be 1st or 2nd.

I'd still back them to go up in the playoffs if they didn't go up automatically. It'd be interesting to see what happened if they didn't go up, though. I imagine Allardyce would be sacked, but not sure that would be the right decision.

Archived