BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Underpower Championship

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-Sam-Allardyce-says-critics-talking-######-when-criticising-team-selection-article886863.html

Might be the swear filter is blocking the link due to the naughty word. Funny that the URL uses the naughty word but in the piece it's asterisked out. :rolleyes:

A comment from one of the WHU "faithful" below the piece:

"Why are the West Ham leadership/owners putting up with this? You cannot have a manager slagging off fans like this. There is no way in this world Roman Abramovich would allow a CFC manager to speak like this about Chelsea fans! I bet Hammers wish their owners would take a leaf out of Roman's book and sack this clown Allardyce."

You want to be a Rovers supporter - our manager makes out like he's going to be attacked with all his "I need a bodyguard" claptrap!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said further up, his job is to get them up.

They go up, their deluded fans shut it, he doesn't then yeah after the big talk, he deserves the flak.

It's a tough league, we were well on the way to 'walking it' in '92, we almost ended up outside the play offs.

Allardyce will be in the dog house for sure if they don't beat Barnsley this afternoon, with his spending they should walk that league.

Spending money does not equal success - you know that.

Haven't Leicester spent the most in the division and are in mid table?

Not an exact science.

Doubt they're paying players 55k a week :o

Exact science or not, if he can't get that squad promoted first time around he should be out on his ear.

• Backroom

Ipswich spent a fair wad as well. I think Keane spent £20m+ when he was at the club and got nowhere. Didn't help that he bought nothing but Sunderland and Man Utd reserve team rejects, mind. Or random Irish fellas.

That "certain rotund manager" knew how to manage on a shoestring too - just the man for us under the Trust business model, and Venky's too if they had been more shrewd.

Liked making marquee signings, would have fitted in perfectly into what Venkys are trying to do, lol

West Ham three up at present ..... Sam's detractors go into hiding for another week.

Shame because if the 'ammers idiots force him out Rovers fans would welcome him back at Ewood with open arms.

• Backroom

Being up by a few at half time will ease the pressure, I wonder if they did it the 'west ham way'

Still 3 points off the pace though for now

West Ham three up at present ..... Sam's detractors go into hiding for another week.

What ever the scoreline currently is Allardyce has been shown a thing or two by Brian McDermott ex of Slough Town who has a fraction of the budget and whose team comfortably despatched West Ham at the Boleyn. They also play attractive football.

............and here I am contributing to the ongoing, interminable discussion of our lugubrious ex manager who left months and months ago, quite possibly wanted to go anyway and probably rarely gives us a second thought :wacko:

That "certain rotund manager" knew how to manage on a shoestring too - just the man for us under the Trust business model, and Venky's too if they had been more shrewd.

Does he know how to manage with the most resources, playing and financial, in the division is the issue. 4-0 today doesn't make up for no wins in last 6 home games.

Allardyces detractors? Think I mentioned him once on a championship thread.

If II wanted to have a pop I'd have plenty to go off with West Hams implosion in recent weeks, but to be honest Jim I couldn't careless about West Hams manager.

Archived